• Thread starter Amac500
  • 25 comments
United States
United States
Alex_Mac_
SignatureAmactouchedup2.png

Amac500 Design Gallery of Legend

Legend \lej-uhnd\ noun
1. a nonhistorical or unverified story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as history

New Update: Change is coming dear reader. When I became part of the photomode community I made this gallery for my unedited photographs, as I had no editing capability at the time nor did I know if I intended to. The sets I made were long and as I hope some of you noticed the focus was on storytelling. Sets were based in chronological order around a common factor, such a location on track or time of day. This is all fine and fantastic and I thought that element of art was a very good compromise for my lack of editing skills. However in time I became interested in the editing and began to practice and refine my skill. I have been making edits that I felt good enough about for a while now and many of you have probably seen them on my Flickr page. However I have not shared them here, as I am not capable of cranking out the volume of edits needed to maintain the element of storytelling and I do not wish to compromise the artistic purity of this space. It also just seems unnatural to totally change my type of work like that. Therefore, this gallery has been repurposed as the Design Gallery of Legend, in which I will still post sets but it is not my intense area of focus. I will also open a second gallery, the Design Gallery of Myth, for edited works and exploring new ways to portray art through this online medium.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the great feedback and comments! I have finally decided on my next set, so watch out for that in the near future. Some of the shots taken while shooting the set could be popping up around in the forums too!

-Set 3-
Do You Drive On A Track Down Under Or Good Morning Bathurst

Unedited:

-1-
1.jpg

-2-
2.jpg

-3-
3.jpg

-4-
4.jpg

-5-
5.jpg

-6-
6.jpg

-7-
7.jpg

-8-
8.jpg

-9-
9.jpg

-10-
10.jpg

-11-
11.jpg

-12-
12.jpg

-13-
13.jpg

-14-
14.jpg

-15-
15.jpg

-16-
16.jpg

-17-
17.jpg

-18-
18.jpg

-19-
19.jpg

-20-
20.jpg

-21-
21.jpg

-22-
22.jpg

-23-
23.jpg

Edited:

-24-
NewHondaNSXedit3.jpg.jpg

-25-
BathurstEdit1.jpg.jpg

-End of Set-

Last edited:
Some original compositions in this last bunch of pics 👍
You manage to work very well with the light of the game and produce some intersting effects 👍

UPDATED (2/5/14): I am finally done with my 3rd set, and by done I mean it. I am DONE with the set and I don't want to even think about Bathurst until... the 12 hour this weekend... Anyways, that took way too long and my coming sets won't take near as much time. Part of my problem I think is that I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things I create. For perspective, I literally took almost 1,500 pictures (1,499 to be exact) while shooting this set and exporting from my PS3 alone must have taken two and a half hours of my time. I don't know if it showed from the R8 set, but I'm also anal about the order of the pictures. In this set I wanted the lighting to match up and all that, and yeah... By the time I'm done I find myself so sick of it all that I can't even tell what's good or not. Like I was genuinely surprised to hear some of your responses on my first 2 sets for this reason! But yeah, I don't know if anyone else finds themselves being so anal, or if 1,500 pictures are normal??? I don't want to sound like I think I'm a pro or nothing, I know I'm the new guy on the block, but I'd be curious to hear about your guys' process!

I'm still pretty new to this, so feedback on my pictures is greatly appreciated, and let me know what you think of my gallery layout too. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you see something you enjoy!

The pictures are very nice,regards friend

Enjoying this place Amac!!! Some great shots in here:drool:
I love the way you try to capture the action, really tells a story. Nice one! I'll be back:cheers:

-Set 4-
Mambo Italiano

Unedited:

-1-
Matterhorn Rotenboden_2.jpg

-2-
Matterhorn Rotenboden_7.jpg

-3-
Syracuse - Night_3.jpg

-4-
City of Arts and Sciences - Night_20.jpg

-5-
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_3.jpg

-6-
London_2.jpg

-7-
Autumn Ring - Mini_1.jpg

-8-
Nürburgring Nordschleife_13.jpg

-9-
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_18.jpg

-10-
Goodwood Hillclimb_0.jpg

-11-
City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg

-12-
Circuito de Madrid_3.jpg

-13-
Goodwood Hillclimb_2.jpg

-14-
Matterhorn Rotenboden_5.jpg

-15-
Matterhorn Rotenboden.jpg

-16-
Special Stage Route 5_7.jpg

-17-
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_61.jpg

-18-
Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes)_6.jpg

-19-
Goodwood Hillclimb.jpg

Edited:
linked to Flickr
Lamborghini Reventon

-19-

011edit8.jpg

-20-

011Edit1.jpg.jpg

-21-

011edit3.jpg.jpg

-22-

011Edit5.jpg

-23-

011edit7.jpg.jpg

-End of Set-

Last edited:
Some nice pics in this last set : I like a lot the first one with the Huayra, good use of the in game lightning 👍

As Kodje said, nice use of lighting on the Huaruaruarya. I really like your latest Lambo set too. And as for shot 22 in your Audi set..:drool:...Good stuff man, I'll be back :cheers:.

PD still hasn't released the Zahara track for my set, so I've changed what's coming soon, I ain't waiting no more! The next set will be a bit of a concept set, trying to see what can by done without editing.

Last edited:
Hi Amac500

You have some excellent images hidden away here!
From your latest my fav is 1& 17 - they are flippen good images for unedited and 20 & 23 looking like advert images, meaning the good stuff!! 👍👍

Keep on snapping!!!

Back