America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,010 comments
Elon Musk is defending Scott Adams. Because of course he is.

This from a man who, according to a lawsuit by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, practices widespread discrimination against black employees. They are segregated into the most physically demanding jobs while being offered the lowest paying contracts. The segregated areas where they work are called the “porch monkey station,” “the slave ship,” and “the plantation.”

Hey, he’s just doing his part cause black people have been living a dream lately and all the racism is against the whites and Asians these days.…

I would say he is a tool, but he is just a rich racist ****, he knows exactly what he is doing.

Elon Musk is defending Scott Adams. Because of course he is.

This from a man who, according to a lawsuit by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, practices widespread discrimination against black employees. They are segregated into the most physically demanding jobs while being offered the lowest paying contracts. The segregated areas where they work are called the “porch monkey station,” “the slave ship,” and “the plantation.”

Tesla was also ordered to pay a $137 million verdict to a black employee because of racial discrimination.
Owen Diaz, who worked as a contract elevator operator at the automaker's factory in Fremont, Calif., sued the company in 2017, alleging that he was subjected to racial discrimination.

After a federal jury in San Francisco ordered Tesla to pay Diaz $137 million last year, Tesla challenged the verdict.

It was immediately slashed to $15 million by the judge & the worker rejected that payment amount, but how unsurprisingly ironic of Elon. Probably following in daddy's footsteps.

Holy hell my world view has just exploded. This is how young I am @TexRex @Danoff - despite my parents being grown adults during this era, and despite having heard it mentioned in lyrics for years, I haven't heard of this concept until today. I also wonder if it's influenced America's cheese addiction, something I know foreigners like @UKMikey are facsinated by.

Government cheese.

Really only the first couple minutes of this video are relevant to government cheese specifically but wow. What a thing. We had literal caves full of cheese and didn't know what to do with it so we gave it to poor people and now even some of the most famous and skilled hip hoppers of our time have rapped about it. Insane.

I'm sure there are plenty of other videos on the topic as well. Here's an informative one. Language warning.

You better put some water on that!

Gotta cut the cheese.

Last edited:
Holy hell my world view has just exploded. This is how young I am @TexRex @Danoff - despite my parents being grown adults during this era, and despite having heard it mentioned in lyrics for years, I haven't heard of this concept until today. I also wonder if it's influenced America's cheese addiction, something I know foreigners like @UKMikey are facsinated by.

Government cheese.

Really only the first couple minutes of this video are relevant to government cheese specifically but wow. What a thing. We had literal caves full of cheese and didn't know what to do with it so we gave it to poor people and now even some of the most famous and skilled hip hoppers of our time have rapped about it. Insane.

I'm sure there are plenty of other videos on the topic as well. Here's an informative one. Language warning.

Gotta cut the cheese.

Definitely a warning video for crony capitalism. I knew that the "got milk" campaigns and some of the other milk-based advertising came from the dairy industry. I guess I didn't realize how much of it has been historically embedded with the government.

My kids don't drink a ton of milk (one of them is lactose intolerant, the one who was born in China), but they do have a lot of milk with cereal. Yogurt, on the other hand, my household basically runs on yogurt.

My kids don't drink a ton of milk (one of them is lactose intolerant, the one who was born in China), but they do have a lot of milk with cereal. Yogurt, on the other hand, my household basically runs on yogurt.
For the lactose intolerant, there's always soy-, nut-, and grain-based non-dairy milks. Of course the state periodically attempts to prohibit companies from labeling them as such in an effort to protect the dairy industry.

For the lactose intolerant, there's always soy-, nut-, and grain-based non-dairy milks. Of course the state periodically attempts to prohibit companies from labeling them as such in an effort to protect the dairy industry.
She drinks mostly lactaid. The other kids actually are gravitating toward that as well because it's a little sweeter.

She drinks mostly lactaid. The other kids actually are gravitating toward that as well because it's a little sweeter.
Of the non-dairy milks, my own preference is oat for drinking while cashew is better for baking. Neither are suitable for whipping, but I'm not lactose intolerant and I haven't sworn off dairy.

I should say the naming issue was my primary reason for responding, though.
There is no federally mandated protocol and the issue was tentatively settled just a couple days ago.

On the topic of milk...

Context from a subsequent post:

Yeah so one of my Twitter mutuals needed some raw milk but he’s handicapped and can’t drive so he paid me to cross the border and bring over raw unpasteurized milk, but unfortunately he was apparently a federal agent, Big Pasteurization is a powerful force in America
While it was a sting operation enforcing the US Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (because of course that's a thing) which prohibits transport of raw milk across state lines, it was also in-kind enforcement of Virginia state law prohibiting final sale of raw milk, and of course the state permits and regulates pasteurization.

Government cheese.

Gotta cut the cheese.

So that's how cheeseburgers became a thing...🤔

Definitely a warning video for crony capitalism. I knew that the "got milk" campaigns and some of the other milk-based advertising came from the dairy industry. I guess I didn't realize how much of it has been historically embedded with the government.

I've been mildly lactose intolerant for years, only bad enough to be amusing on road trips, but during Covid it randomely became pretty extreme. I switched to oat milk and lactose-free ice creams and whatnot. Lactaid is a lifesaver as well.

For some reason, I've found that lactose-free ice cream seems a bit creamier. Maybe something about the way it freezes.
Does it have less water so it's less likely to form ice crystals?

I basically drink nothing but milk. I guess it's true that no one is immune to propaganda.
I drink right about 3 quarts per week. I used to get a gallon every Thursday but I was pouring out about a half quart or so unless it I had an extra day off due to a holiday or something. So I figured out if I start buying a half gallon plus a quart that will last me a week without having to waste any.

Right before bedtime I've got to have a little snack. Sometimes it will be cereal, or some cookies, a brownie, or even just a half glass of chocolate milk.

In our house between me and the wife, we demolish about just short of 5 quarts (8 Pints) of milk in about 4 to 5 days.

My wife is a big tea drinker 6 cups minimum per day plus some coffee, I only have 1 coffee with milk in a day (sometimes none) but I drown my cereal and I have a huge bowl every morning and sometimes I’ll have some more durin the day depending on how I feel.

We currently have around 10 pints in the fridge and they’ll be gone by Monday easy.

Imagine how different American motorsports would have turned out if instead of moonshine runners, NASCAR was born out of people smuggling milk across state lines.
Funny you mention that because the Indianapolis 500 winner is given a giant glass bottle of milk to chug and pour on themselves unless they choose otherwise.

Note that the Indy 500 mile tradition started in 1936, which of course was the absolute heyday of milk propaganda and was the most American thing imaginable. About as American as winning world wars and the Indy 500, both of which were occurring around this time as milk's golden era. I mean hell, we had milkmen, like the mailman except with milk. You didn't have to go to the store to buy milk, there was a dude who brought it to you literally every day who was raising a family on a milk-delivery salary, and it existed throughout my parents' childhoods. I am one generation separated from the milkman. Fortunately for me, by 1988 the milkman no longer existed in my area so I can sleep comfortably knowing my dad is actually my dad. Because of course when my dad was young enough to get milk delivered, women didn't work and greeted the handsome milkman at the door, dressed in those little dresses with the little apron...you know the drill. What could be more American than milkman adultery? In fact, Dave Chappelle wrote one of the best skits of all time based on the milkman which can't be reposted here. Or anywhere lmao.

Last edited:
Funnily enough I very rarely buy milk because it often goes bad from under use when I do. It's not even that I don't like it, I do, but it's not something I drink or use very heavily. If it lasted longer I'd probably buy it more often, but as is I've probably gone months without having any in my house.

I rarely drink milk these days, but I come from the last generation that had their milk delivered by a milkman. Smith Brothers Farms was our milk supplier. They still exist, and they still have delivery routes, but they drive Ford Transit vans now, not Divco milktrucks.

I rarely drink milk these days, but I come from the last generation that had their milk delivered by a milkman. Smith Brothers Farms was our milk supplier. They still exist, and they still have delivery routes, but they drive Ford Transit vans now, not Divco milktrucks.
I can barely remember our milk being delivered. I can't exactly remember how old I was when they stopped but I must have been around 10, 11, 12 in about 1977 or so. PET Milk was the company and I can definitely remember the calendars they would leave us.

H21828-L314261352_original.jpg

Last edited:
Funnily enough I very rarely buy milk because it often goes bad from under use when I do. It's not even that I don't like it, I do, but it's not something I drink or use very heavily. If it lasted longer I'd probably buy it more often, but as is I've probably gone months without having any in my house.
I bought two half-gallons of oat milk a couple weeks ago and they don't expire until April 18 which has got to be 5x longer than milk lasts in the fridge. That's two whole months! The only thing I use it for is occasional frosted miniwheats. Chobani is my favorite brand but it's still a bit too sweet to mix with sugary cereals and it's awful for cooking.

Last edited:
We have a milkman. They're still quite common in the UK. We don't go through much milk though, maybe 3 pints a week now, up from 1 pint a week due to the espresso machine purchase.

They still come in 1 pint glass bottles too! Leave your empties on the door step the night before and by the morning the magical milk faries have trandformed them into full bottles!

Last edited:
They still come in 1 pint glass bottles too! Leave your empties on the door step the night before and by the morning the magical milk faries have trandformed them into full bottles!

Yup, I only get through one pint a week, but chilled milk out of a pint glass bottle hits the spot. 95p a week and it's there on the doorstep every Monday morning.

I've seen politicians trying to instigate culture wars before but never a cultured milk war. According to @Keef I'm supposed to be "facsinated" with US cheese consumption for a foreigner so I'm not surprised a Wisconsinite is treating their dairy product nomenclature overly seriously.

Back