America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,010 comments
I almost wanted to post this in the funny news thread but:

Rex Tillerson dismissed as Home Secretary

Although some are suggesting that Tillerson knew he was being dismissed and has made these comments knowing that he was going anyway.

Last edited:
Maybe I didn't really pay too much attention before, or maybe the media just didn't report it. But did past presidents have this high of a turn over rate for their cabinet?

Ah-hahahahaha :lol:

I heard Tillerson found out that he’s fired... through Twitter.

Indeed. He says he didn't get to speak to Trump until three hours after the tweet. If the boss of some crumby cornershop fired an employee by tweet then it would be considered disgraceful. For the occupant of one of the highest, most prestigious political offices in the world to do so... it remains utterly absurd.

Indeed. He says he didn't get to speak to Trump until three hours after the tweet. If the boss of some crumby cornershop fired an employee by tweet then it would be considered disgraceful. For the occupant of one of the highest, most prestigious political offices in the world to do so... it remains utterly absurd.
There is a much in our world that is absurd. What is post-modernism?

For the occupant of one of the highest, most prestigious political offices in the world to do so...
After announcing repeatedly, adamantly, that he wouldn't and using that imbecilic "fake news" remark, like he so often does, when asked about plans to do so. I think that says a great deal about the remark.

I think the most ridiculous thing about this situation is that Tillerson, as far as I can tell, was one of precious few to take their role seriously...only to be 🤬-canned so unceremoniously. And once 🤬-canned, he managed to conduct himself in a reasonable manner while someone of his employer's temperament would have had a hissy fit.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the Supreme Leader systematically gets rid of anybody who doesn't kowtow to him. This means that there is nobody left who will stand up to him & offer a contrary opinion on policy. As Trump is possibly the least informed & less interested person in the administration, this does not bode well for the future.

Über-hawk Mike Pompeo, current head of the CIA, has been lined up to replace him, and his own replacement at the CIA, Gina Haspel, presided over a black site in Thailand.

Maybe I didn't really pay too much attention before, or maybe the media just didn't report it. But did past presidents have this high of a turn over rate for their cabinet?

Past presidents didn't previously gain worldwide notoriety by hosting reality TV show and firing-fest The Apprentice.

Trump is the most advanced president ever - he rules the country through mobile apps.

Past presidents didn't previously gain worldwide notoriety by hosting reality TV show and firing-fest The Apprentice.

I sort of doubt it, especially for major positions. That stuff would be newsworthy regardless of the president's former employment.

Trump is the most advanced president ever - he rules the country through mobile apps.

This is just early access, wait until they unlock the microtransactions. You'll feel a great sense of pride and accomplishment.

True.
It's more or less a matter of circumstances. The most advanced we are technologically is always the present - and past Presidents have always grasped at new technology enthusiastically - whether telephone, television or the atom bomb.
It just so happened that Trump happened to be at that watershed moment when campaign politics became more influenced by modern technology than money - it is not so easy to buy the Presidency anymore.
He saw the advantage and grasped it . . . while others were still waging old-school war.
What about the next President? And the next? These are the men (or women) who will be at the cutting edge of technology - and will probably be unafraid to use it.
Donald Trump is not in this for the money - AFAIK he has even forfeited his Presidential salary.
He's in it because this is just another notch in his belt.
He's manipulative, shrewd, healthy as an average ox, and totally unafraid to play the bull in a china shop he seemingly wants to destroy.
To build something better?
Only time will tell.
What is quite probable is that long after Trump's detractors are forgotten dust, his name and pic (and activity, and personality, and foibles, blah, blah, blah) will continue to appear in the textbooks of the future.

In other news . . . Horowitz fired McCabe a short while ago.

What is quite probable is that long after Trump's detractors are forgotten dust, his name and pic (and activity, and personality, and foibles, blah, blah, blah) will continue to appear in the textbooks of the future.
People tend to remember presidents from long ago rather than their opponents who were not presidents at the time. Obama will still probably be more famous than Trump in the future though.

Donald Trump is not in this for the money - AFAIK he has even forfeited his Presidential salary.
He's in it because this is just another notch in his belt.
He claimed to, no one has seen any evidence that's true. However his golf club in Florida has made a good deal out of it so far.......

Just like Nixon.

In other news . . . Horowitz fired McCabe a short while ago.
I did read that Fox announced it a good few hours before McCabe knew.

So, why did you claim "no one has seen any evidence that's true?"

Effectively, you made a matter-of-fact statement from a position of ignorance.

Why do that?
That was the understanding I had, a position I have since corrected.

No idea why someone would get quite so worked up on a position being changed upon new information being received.

Oddly easy thing to get triggered over.

Let the conspiracy theories commence!!

https://nypost.com/2018/03/19/helicopter-carrying-jared-and-ivanka-experiences-engine-failure/
A helicopter carrying first daughter Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner, had to be rerouted after one of its engines failed, law enforcement officials told CNN.
The senior White House aides were flying from Washington, DC, to New York on Thursday afternoon in a two-engine helicopter when one engine failed, sources told the network. The chopper had to return to Ronald Reagan National Airport, where the couple hopped on a commercial flight instead. It is unclear how far into the less than two-hour trip they were when the engine failed.

The aircraft was a Sikorsky owned by the Trump Organization.
A spokesperson for the couple had no comment on the incident.
Although he emigrated to the U.S., Sikorsky was born in what was then part of the Russian Empire. How long before it's turned into a Russian plot!?!?!:sly:

Thanks to the transcendent genius of Donald J Trump, America is very likely to exit the Iran nuclear treaty. Should Iran also walk away from the treaty, Saudi Arabia has already declared its intention to develop nuclear weaponry. How does that make you feel?

Another juicy rumor: Trump will declare California to be in a state of rebellion against the federal government. He will then replace Governor Brown and the California government with another more to his liking.

Last edited:
That was the understanding I had, a position I have since corrected.

Oh.

I just thought you were too busy virtue signalling, and merely forgot how to use any number of the search engines in existence to do a two second fact check of your post before clicking "Post Reply."

My mistake and my humblest apologies, master.

Thanks to the transcendent genius of Donald J Trump, America is very likely to exit the Iran nuclear treaty. Should Iran also walk away from the treaty, Saudi Arabia has already declared its intention to develop nuclear weaponry. How does that make you feel?

North Korea has already developed nuclear weaponry despite international pressure not to. So, in regards to Iran; I think the cat may be out of the bag, regardless of US pressure or treaty status.

The real question is, does anyone believe Iran hasn't secretly, in some capacity, been developing nuclear weapons all along? There is at least some belief that there has been a "relationship" between Iran and North Korea.

North Korea has already developed nuclear weaponry despite international pressure not to. So, in regards to Iran; I think the cat may be out of the bag, regardless of US pressure or treaty status.

The real question is, does anyone believe Iran hasn't secretly, in some capacity, been developing nuclear weapons all along? There is at least some belief that there has been a "relationship" between Iran and North Korea.
I believe that ballistic missile technology has all along been transferred among North Korea, Pakistan and Iran. But I do believe, or at least hope, that Iran is abiding by the current treaty. If North Korea gets to keep the bomb, Japan will get them too, I predict.

Fun interviews with Jim Kallstrom, former FBI chief. He is saying a cabal in the FBI is plotting to take down the president.

It's a pretty biased source. All I remember about him is he led the awful TWA 800 investigation which would later become a benchmark for How Not To Investigate Things. He effectively wrote a conclusion and made sure all the facts fitted.

In this case there might be some truth in what he says (and we really don't know) but it'd be preferable to see those facts from a proper investigation.

Latest Posts

Back