America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,086 comments
Well, maybe people saying it was not just problematic but actually illegal did the trick, because it seems the policy is...dead.

FkT6A9uXkAATxVu

Last edited:

"For its final hearing, the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol voted unanimously to make criminal referrals to the Justice Department for former President Donald Trump, formally accusing him of four crimes, including aiding an insurrection.

In addition to the insurrection referral, the committee said it amassed sufficient evidence indicating Trump criminally obstructed the joint session of Congress on Jan. 6, 2021; conspired to make false statements when trying to pass off fake electoral certificates as genuine to the National Archives; and conspired to defraud the United States."

These referrals don't carry any actual weight. The Department of Justice is not compelled to follow any of these referrals. But it does show compelling evidence of criminal activity.

You can read the report here.

Sure, build the wall around Mexico, instead of Canada.

It's a great week to be working in South Dakota, since the local supermarkets offer deep discounts because they don't have to operate a separate frozen foods section.

At least the deviation isn't any worse than back home. I'll just cut open my rental tauntaun if times get rough.

Last edited:
Who knew that endless amounts of money can't change whether you're a punk-ass bitch.
I guess those who paid for Twitter blue figure they are paying customers and they matter more. However that also means those previously verified can vote as well so I'm not sure Mr. "I paid money so I matter and nobody else does who didn't" is going to get his wish.

Those who are willing to pay for the blue tick are probably those that are in general happy with Musk being at the helm. Any future poll is going to be weighted towards Musk's agenda.

Those who are willing to pay for the blue tick are probably those that are in general happy with Musk being at the helm. Any future poll is going to be weighted towards Musk's agenda.
The problem is there could be MANY verified users who already had the blue mark that might also want to vote and not want him at the helm. The question is if they would be allowed to vote. If the answer is no, then you are 100% right and any poll he makes will just be whatever they want. If they want Biden's account suspended for "reasons", they could demand it and get Musk to poll it.

Back