American Muscle: Final Week (Week 8): Special Stage 5 Clubman (w / Results)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kolyana
  • 53 comments
  • 1,905 views
Messages
2,353
specialstage5clubman2oq.jpg


week80ws.png


And here we are ... the final week of The American Muscle Championship!!! It has been a truly thrilling 8 weeks and we'll be rounding it off on foreign soil: Special Stage 5: Clubman. It's a fast course with a long, long straight and smooth corners, which should favor those with racing setups, adjustable transmissions and nice high end top speeds ... but can the cars setup for shorter straights and faster cornering carry enough speed through the back half to make a difference?

Gentlemen ... it has been an absolute thrill driving with all of you 👍

Thanks to Kenny for this week's picture.

Track :
Special Stage 5 (Clubman) / Hotlap (Forward)

Rules:
Use the car and setup you have opted for, following the rules outlined in the AMC Thread.

Discuss only T-times.
Clean OLR Standards:
No wall touching.
Keep 2 wheels on the track or rubblestrips at all times.

No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind

Time Submission:
Send your time via PM to me, including splits and final run.

Submit the time listed in replay file name by 11:59 AM (PST) November Sunday 6th. You may run as often or as little as you like; you've got the full week to perfect your setup and gain the fastest single lap that you can.

Although I'd prefer it if drivers didn't re-send multiple times (it may cause a mix up with what is considered your final and fastest run), this is only a loose rule ... you can submit more than once before the deadline, just try not to bury me :p

Luxy has kindly allowed us a little webspace for tracking splits (as per the Luxy Leaderboard used in the WRS):
American Muscle @ Special Stage 5 (Unofficial Leaderboard)
 
The Season Finale! It all comes down to the final race. I hope I somehow have a chance of bringing home 4th despite poor showings at the drag strip and Hong Kong.

Foriegn soil? Where is SSR5 located?
 
Supposedly a Tokyo Highway, if I remember correctly...

T1: 19.358
T2: 34.612

There are your first goals, folks.
 
I just checked the season long event thread & LB. The LB doesn't show bhawks current time so there are $400 between Koly & I...I am $100 points ahead of her at the Nurb...so all that means is that currently we are tied :scared: !...of course r8man hasn't weighed in on the season long events... :crazy:

This is so intense it's killing me :nervous:
 
I love scenarios like that. :lol:
 
Hehhehehehe, man ... this is some good competition!
 
bleh... stupid not having time. Sorry I haven't been able to run in all the races koly. Between work, school, and internship, I just don't have time to even blink >_<
 
darkwind, don't worry about it buddy ... I know you've been busy!
 
Hey, I am back. I have curretnly been so addicted to Madden, I totaly forgot about the weeks. But, I DO have my times for this week :-)
T1: 19.908
T2: 35.610

I hope and pray that I do well. C ya later!
 
Kickass times... 👍
 
Welcome back Mustang! 👍

Going to get in a few laps myself in the next hour or so ... it has been almost a week since I last drove!
 
You realize if I finish second, I could jump from 14th to 6th in the standings? That's nuts!!
 
heheheheheheh 👍

T1: 20.630
T2: 36.438

I appear to be losing my time in the left sweeper, which surprises me ... I really thought I'd be losing it after that. Need to work on this some, but Goixoye, you have your starter for ten!
 
It seems that whatever advantage the Shelby's tranny gives me is no match for your superior driving skills...but I'm not giving up...I know there's .2 out there...if I can only get it...but I'll probably need more than that to beat you here anyway. And of course you've raised the bar at Nurb too.

T1: 20.679
T2: 36.563
 
I'll post my final splits later but just a ballpark, from memory so I may be off a tad:

T1 - :19.9 or so
T2 - :35.4 or so

jump_ace
 
goixoye
ten?...tenth event?...I don't understand?

Sorry, must be an English colloquialism. I think it comes from a game show where they'd say "And Mr. Smith, it's you for ten points", but the phrase is all over the internet (none explain it's roots!).

In this instance I was using it to infer I'd put up some times for you to use as your mark :p

And if you think "talking" to me is bad through the written word, you've got it easy! In everyday life I'm always confusing people by accidentally dropping in 'quaint' English phrases that only serve to confuse, obfuscate and grind the conversation to a dead halt!

As for your run this week ... man, you are DEAD on my heels and with so much time lost or gained on the final sector, this is clearly going to be a vicious little fight! Once again, I really appreciate the vigor and excitement you've injected into the last few weeks for me! 👍

On another note, that should favor your good self, this week it's *MY* turn to go away on the Saturday and I'll be gone all day ... whatever I don't get done by Friday will remain undone, so I need to get my time in before then :scared:
 
So basically in redneck it means "ball in my court"?

I'm on your heels but historically you usually slap some addition time on me in the final sector. So I've got to be ahead of you at T2 and have a dazzling final sector to pull this off. The tranny advantage I thought I had occurred right after the start / finsh line...the fastest part of the track...and that advantage is gone before I even get to T1...so it looks like I'm doomed to finish in your wake...yet again...maybe if I can figure out how to knock out the power grid for the entire NW area I might have a chance...but then you would probably just figure out how to run the PS2on batteries. They'd probably think it was some kind of terrorist attack instead of a desperate GT4 nutball freak trying to win a race.

We'll as you're away enjoying your Saturday just think of me runnin' the pee out of my Shelby at the Nurb and CSR5 trying to figure out a way to to finish this thing with you lookin' at my taillights instead of the other way around.

I've enjoyed this too...when I switched to the Shelby I gave up on being competitive for the sake of being true to myself and at the time didn't really think about where I might finish the season...probably would've gladly accepted a 5th place finish overall...but now I want 4th.
 
hehehhe ... I echo your thoughts and feelings in this regard :)

I will admit that I had never run at Clubman until last night - or had not really paid any attention before now - so I didn't know how much of a hinderance my short transmission was going to be. By the time I'm redlining, I'm pretty much hurtling over the starting line and I only have to feather it for a second or two before I hit the tunnel's braking point.

First time I did this I realized that the distance running at that higher speed (for you) is fairly short, so your advantage on this part of the track is going to be minimal. Yes, you should be able to hit the tunnel a hair faster than me and perhaps a little a head, so theoretically you should be able to hit T1 a notch sooner, but I feel okay in that you shouldn't be able to really bury me this week!

I can see this - the overall competition - ending in a deadheat ... wouldn't that be something!?

And, yes, "Starter for ten" = "Ball in your court" (in a roundabout way).
 
T1 - :19.878
T2 - :35.467

Time Submitted.

jump_ace
 
No improvement for me this evening ... I nudged ahead of my ghost a couple of times at T1 and T2, but it was always fairly close ... and he murders me everytime on the very last corner ... lord knows how 'he' did it :p
 
Kolyana
No improvement for me this evening ... I nudged ahead of my ghost a couple of times at T1 and T2, but it was always fairly close ... and he murders me everytime on the very last corner ... lord knows how 'he' did it :p
I don't think your ghost is a 'he" at all...I believe it's a banshee (female) and it's wailing over my death...but as long as there's life in me and time left in the competition I'm going to put as much heat on you as possible. So it's unusual but yes I chasing the banshee tigershark. Even if I'm bleedin' I'm not dead until I flatline.

Hey...who's that in Koly's rearview mirror...is it a Shelby?

T1: 20.582 (seen 20.548)
T2: 36.487 (seen 36.347)

Had a strong final sector improving my lap time by .228 but the "perfect" lap (combination of best sectors) would be 0.14 quicker.
 
Leaderboard updated ... it doesn't get much closer than that! If you're in my rear-view, your engine block is on my front seat!
 
Kolyana
Leaderboard updated ... it doesn't get much closer than that! If you're in my rear-view, your engine block is on my front seat!
The Shelby's engine sounds nice huh? Now if I can improve just enough so you can hear the exhaust and see the taillights.
 
OK...so I've dropped 1HP because of the mileage...but I discovered at the Nurb and here I can run TCS=0 (ASMs=1). Just takes some finesse. Don't think I would've been able to pull it off at say Hong Kong or the tracks with the tight turns, hairpins, etc. But these tracks have mostly "sweeper" turns. There's just too much wheel spin in the Shelby on the tracks with tight turns. I've been using TCS=2 mostly (I think, or maybe 1) and possibly ASMs=2. I do notice it feels quicker but so far the results aren't showing that...if there's enough time to get the handling down I may have a shot at pulling out a victory (4th place overall...and maybe just maybe finish ahead of you here or the Nurb)...or at least making you sweat a bit more. It's just so hard to get into any kind of rhythm at the Nurb because of the point to point and no ghost to let you know how your doing against previous times...I've gotten to where at the T2 split ("starting line") I'm doing some quick math in my head (add 1'25) to throw out a target finishing time....

still trying...not gonna be shark food without a fight to the finish.
 
Well I haven't run for the previous 2 nights because of a bad leg (and my plan was to run every night) ... I'll only get one more stab at the Nurb and Clubman tonight and tomorrow it's off to Seattle ... so I really think you have this one in the bag, unless I can pull out something special tonight.
 
You may have seen the pictures of my Focus SVT in the NRS thread...the Focus is not my daily driver...it's my weekend toy...this is my daily driver.



Not really...my daily driver is a Subaru Impreza.

Here's my stats for the "Petty Driving Experience". 144.63mph. I wished they'd a let me go faster. Even so pretty cool. Not sure why I'm posting this...probably should add these pictures to my intro in the WRS.

 
GET OUT!!!!! That's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freaking awesome!!!!!!! You have to tell us about it!!

(Is that you next to the car?)
 
Back