American Muscle: Final Week (Week 8): Special Stage 5 Clubman (w / Results)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kolyana
  • 53 comments
  • 1,905 views
Yeah...that's me.

It was awesome. You actually play follow the leader behind an instructor but you're in the car by yourself. The instructor increases speed with each lap up to about 145mph as long as you stay within about 2 car lengths...if you drop off they sense you're uncomfortable with the speed and slow down too. So the only thing I saw was the back end of the instructor's car...cause I wanted to go as fast as they'd let me. My buddy who's an amateur racer was there too (I actually went faster than he did) he told me to trust the car...that they wouldn't put the cars beyond there limits...going into that first turn, which for me was turn 3 (you exit the pits at turn 2 at the beginning of the back straight put it in 4th and never touch the shifter again) was scary. If my friend hadn't told me to trust the car and instructors I probably would've hit the brakes but I just eased out of the throttle a bit...never touched the brakes except going into the pits after it was all over. They told us to watch for a red light on the dash (which meant low oil or engine problems) but I was so fixated on the instructors car I never would've seen it if it had come on. Supossedly they waved a checkered flag when it was over but I never saw that either...I only noticed the insturctor waved me off (which meant my turn was over). They would also wave you off if you got closer than 2 car lengths.

It took us 3 hours to get to Charlotte and 3 hours back. Probably 1-2 hours of instruction and waiting for your turn to drive. And then you were in the car for 7 or 8 minutes. Never-the-less it was an awesome experience. The car I actually drove was painted up like the Cheerios 43 car...at the time I think driver by John Andretti. My friend got to drive the one painted like Tony Stewart's ride. I guess they use the Petty driving school car for the pictures.
 
That is just so damned cool!!!!
 
Well Goixoye, I have good news for you and possibly bad:

The good news is despite running 0.4 faster at T2, I couldn't hold it through to a great finish ... my ghost kept leaving me standing on the very last corner.

The bad new is, my ghost kept leaving me standing on the very last corner ... for some reason, earlier in the week, I hit that corner perfectly without even knowing it and even though I can't repeat that, it means that I have a strong finish with the splits I posted.

I'm giving up on this one now ... I'm consistently running .1, .2, .3 faster at T2, but I can't hold it through to the end.

For me, the championship is done!!!
 
Well then right now I may have you...I'm only .009 shy of my "perfect" lap. For once I've got 2 of my best sectors on the same lap. Which is unusual for me. It seems that most often my "perfect" lap would be the combination of 3 different laps (or how ever many sectors there are). I'm not sure I'm gonna try to get that .009...it's the least amount of time I've left on the track since I've been keepin' up with that sorta thing (for about the last 4 or 5 weeks). Right now the final 2 sectors are best...I could spend all night trying to get a better 1st sector and blow one or both of the final sectors and be off by well more than .009.

I kinda don't want to post my splits...cause it seems like whatever I post you're able to beat. It's quite possible that your final sector is better than mine and my T2 is only marginally quicker than yours. Even though there's almost 2 days left both me and the Shelby are worn out. I don't know that I've got the drive or the energy to put much more time into this...but right now I'm feeling pretty good about my chances at 4th place overall....although part of me would actually be happier to be tied.

Of course my performance here is only part of the story...I'll be posting my new Nurb time after this. Looks like the TCS=0 helped out in both places.

T1: 20.557
T2: 36.330

Final: -0.198

So I upped the ante and got more than the 0.14 I thought I could...which is a 1st for me...so win or lose I'm kinda proud of myself. I oughta go ahead and submit my time because I could spend the all day tomorrow and part of Sunday and not get any improvement. Maybe enough is enough.
 
Good run 👍 It's really going to be interesting to see if my finish is going to be enough ... you have me at T2, so let's see if you kept it through to the end. One thing is for sure, it's going to be close.

I think you may have this, my friend ... esp. if you can nail the Nurb ... but the fight has been most entertaining.
 
Indeed, it has... :)
 
*nods in admiration* Nice splits, Bryan. 👍
 
Time submitted

T1) 20.440

T2) 35.873

Sorry for not postin splits sooner, I haven't ran at all this week until today. I'm been playing SWBF II all week.

See everyone at the results. :cool:
 
hahaha, is it a good title?

I'm compiling results for Week 8 now ... r8man sent in a final FOUR SECONDS faster than the '2nd' fastest time, which seems a little too fast, so I've written to him, but I think I'll need to have that verified before I can include it in the results.
 
Kolyana
hahaha, is it a good title?

Its a blast, up to 24 players online! 👍

If you like shooters and can play online, you should try it out!
 
Kolyana
I'm compiling results for Week 8 now ... r8man sent in a final FOUR SECONDS faster than the '2nd' fastest time, which seems a little too fast, so I've written to him, but I think I'll need to have that verified before I can include it in the results.
Damn...and he has a Chevelle? I'm sorry, but I also want to see this one.
 
His result is too fast, so i'll be ommiting it. I have not done this thus far in the series, but if r8man can prove his time (which you'll see in a moment), i'll ammend the results accordingly, but if he can't provide a replay, his time does not count (which is the stance I'm assuming right now).

I'll be posting results in a moment ... I want to compile the drag and point-to-point as well first.
 
Results are up:
Please note that r8man sent me a PM after the leaderboard was compiled citing that his time should have been "55.173", but this is still a full second faster than the fastest guys. Due to the fact that I'd have to rework the results for this week, subsequent leaderboard and final season results, I think it fair to ask for replay verification (simply because of the work involved for me on this one).

If anyone feels differently, or that I'm being unfair, or also feels that a replay is called for, please comment.
 
Several old faces showed themselves for this week and it really shuffled the board around a little!!! Great to see you back guys.

Goixoye ... told you my ghost nailed that last corner :p I personally ran T2's .4 faster, but my own ghost would overtake me everytime on the very last corner ... one day I'll figure out h9ow I did that :p
 
Kolyana
Results are up:
Please note that r8man sent me a PM after the leaderboard was compiled citing that his time should have been "55.173", but this is still a full second faster than the fastest guys. Due to the fact that I'd have to rework the results for this week, subsequent leaderboard and final season results, I think it fair to ask for replay verification (simply because of the work involved for me on this one).

If anyone feels differently, or that I'm being unfair, or also feels that a replay is called for, please comment.

i find replay verification fine but i cant supply any so just go ahead and DQ the time :)
 
Sorry man, hate to finish the season this way ...
 
Congrats Bryan. :cheers: Fried me again...
 
Congrats to all that submitted :cheers:

I knew that I'd have a hard time here @ SS5.

@r8man, do you mind sharing the setup you where using?
 
I spent about 2 hours on that one, I'm really surprised it held up! Yet again Bryan is right on my tail.

jump_ace
 
Congrats to all. Well done. Once again bested by the Shark. I believe this shuffles me out of 4th overall. I'm not real sure how the season long events have played out as I've noticed that the LB wasn't updated as of a few moments ago.

It's been a pleasure, a thrill and an honor...no matter where I finally place.
 
Gratz to all. Just couldn't break that silly 1 min mark. Got close alot of times, and just seemed to have Nat's issue of the ghost always beating me in the final turns.
 
Is there an overall leaderboard posted on this one? or will people post thier final times...? I was at a wedding sunday so I could be here to see the finals...I must say I wish I had a chance to play with Jet a little more mopah and mopah. I wish there was an easier way to play acually online physically against other drivers. like u Jet I gotta chase you in a few places to know how the **** you do it so fast.
Bryan
 
Back