American Race Legends

• Thread starter vette_7t9
  • 16 comments
There are two american race legend cars available AFTER race mods that i've found:
-Corvette Grand Sport '67(race mod Corvette '67 coupe)
*note: the '69 427 model also has the same paint scheme(there was no '69 Grand Sport), and so does the old school '67 camaro, although there was no grand sport '67 camaro...... :odd:
-Bondurant School of High Performance Driving orange Mustang
(race mod '98 Mustang SVT COBRA, this is a one time only paint scheme, not repeated for '99 SVT COBRA)

Grand Sports were Corvettes that were modded for racing from '62-'67 ONLY. They were not made after '67 until the '96 reincarnation.

IF ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT ANOTHER ONE, PLEASE POST IT HERE

also, something weird: The '99 SVT COBRA's paint scheme is a direct copy of the Saleen SR, except for the race #. Also, there is a GTS badge at the rear bumper. I havent heard of a reason why an SVT COBRA should have a GTS(viper wannabe?) badge, very weird. And the 'Grand Sport' Camaro, what a joke! What about the '69 Grand Sport? I guess the developers of GT2 don't quite know about American race cars...........:D

What I'm talking about are cars that are available only through getting the race mod, in this case the Bondurant School Orange Stang and the Grand Sport Vette.

if you can get a car's racing modifications, doesn't that mean you have to already own the car, thereby making available in the first place?
am i not getting something?

Technicaly yes..........

BUT

the original car isnt the one after the race mod. You MUST get the race mod to get the car.

BUT

if you already own the car, dont you own the special car too?

BUT.............. this could go on forever................:odd: :confused: :odd:

I found some more info on this:
-The '97 Camaro SS when race mod looks like a rice boy messed with it
-The 1969 Corvette Stingray 427 when race modded is not a Grand Sport wannabe, but actually an L88 Daytona racing corvette
-The 1982 Corvette when race modded turns into an unknown race car....... quite possibly some Corvette Modding company special............
-The '67(or 69) Camaro Z28 race mod turns it into a Trans Am racer
-The Shelby GT350 race mod turns it into a GT350R!

*Weird Things:
-The '95 ZR-1 Corvette's race mod is the '96 Grand Sport race mod, the '96 Corvette Coupe also copied the GS race mod

Also if anyone has info on this plz post it:
-The 97 Z28 and 30th aniversary Camaros share the same race mod, except the 30th aniversary one has racing stripes on it. If anyone can tell me if it is in fact a real race car plz post.

OMG, this took me 36 mins to research, I need a vacation!:D

Something tells me I've seen the '97 Camaro SS race mod before in real-life...amybe some hot rod mag; I have that feeling of deja vu.

It actually has the best-looking race mod of all the Camaros, in my opinion. And I've actually won some good races with it, too.

I believe the '67 Vette race mod is modeled after the Le Mans entry by Scuderia Filipinetti...I've seen the pic before. Ever notice it's wheels seem a little too big for the wheelwells?

Nope unfortunately. I was hoping the race mod turned the GT500 into an Eleanor GT500 from gone in 60 seconds. It's disappointing they have a race mod for GT350, but not GT500.:(

Originally posted by barty
is there n e way 2 get a gt500kr:confused:
You need a GameShark to attain the GT500KR. Don't beat yourself up over it, it's exactly the same car when stock or when fully tuned.

It even looks the same; it just adds the letters "KR" next to the GT500 title in the garage.

Latest Posts

Back