American Sports Cars at Leguna Seca

• Thread starter dhwebb
  • 37 comments
Smallhorses
Thanks! Nice to know someone read them! They are over on the GT3 write-ups board, and were 2 ever so close attempts to win certain races in certain cars that really shouldn't have been competetive! As soon as I progress far enough with GT4, I'll be attempting similar things with the enduros, and will write-up those races, win or lose!
Great Stuff, I'll be looking out for it.

dhwebb,

Nice write up, but why did you use Sport Tires & not Race Tires?

You would'nt have to mod up the Z06 as much and all you'd really need is to fine tune the suspension....that would make it a pretty close race IMHO.

I underestimated the competition in several of my first tries at the ER's in GT3. The Miata race was my first and I was still learning to drive. I was between 2nd and 5th the whole race, I think I finished 3rd. That race taught me a lot about driving in this game. It took me several tries before winning Laguna Seca and I believe I only won it twice. Chasing the Viper was one of my favorite races in GT3 and I didn't catch him probably 7 or 8 times. Victory is so much sweeter when it's washing away the taste of defeat.

I agree, win or lose, if it's challenging, it's more fun. Don't get me wrong though, I will blow away the field in an F1 when I'm "testing" it on a track. I use the ER's to work on pit strategies, setups, and just learning about that car and that track, what works and what doesn't. I'd rather do that than waste laps on an empty track and with no materialistic payoff.

In the beginning of GT3 (for me) I didn't really like the enduros but recently I've grown to love them. It really gives me an opportunity to get to know a track and the car I'm driving properly.. I've now been experimenting with slower cars to try to get as close a race as possible but I'm still no where near some of the guys here on GTP though. The closest I've done so far I think is the Seattle one with a nearly stock Mugen S2000. Underestimated myself and the car and won by 25-30 seconds.. Wanted it closer.. Hopefully the enduros in GT4 will prove just as much fun for me.. This write-up was really inspireing for instance! 👍 Very nice touch with the images..

Cheers!

Yeah that man 'Great report' when I first saw the line-up with the Saleen set for 23 laps, I figured you'd get a pasting. No doubt as you get more used to the drive this will become easier and the need for you to slow your car down will be the only way to stop boring yourself in this race 'which I believe you enjoy', a similar occurrence for me on GT3 was the GV300 race which I would win with consummate ease... Until I tried the TVR Tuscan, this albeit modestly breathed on provided me with many more hours of close racing, where, though I may qualify with a front row grid spot I would frustratingly but nevertheless inevitably be nerffed swiftly back through the pack due mainly to the Super Hard tyres that were fitted, however toward the end of the race those pesky purple NSXs would dart in for their last splash-n-dash 'the term is used loosely as there is no refueling in GT3' and we would drive for the line........ most times it would be quite close, though sometimes I would win with a good 5 or 6 seconds in hand, occasionally getting held up or running out of talent whilst trying to pass a Skyline has cost me the race, that’s when I most feel like crying,
Just hope GT4 brings me as much joy as GT3 has..... Roll on Wednesday

Back