America's Finest [review] - Nordschleife lap times added (Ring Tales added)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yev
  • 56 comments
  • 4,710 views
Maybe..maybe, I'll test with sport soft later.
And I'll use racing too.
 
I like the new ring tales I can wait for a tale for the viper also the Viper should have the highest grip tires for the ring test I believe they use semi-racing slicks
 
I like the new ring tales I can wait for a tale for the viper also the Viper should have the highest grip tires for the ring test I believe they use semi-racing slicks

Viper's grip and handling is unbelieveable.
I'll write Viper's tale soon...didn't have (enough) inspiration tonight.
I'm glad you liked it.
 
Yev
Viper's grip and handling is unbelieveable.
I'll write Viper's tale soon...didn't have (enough) inspiration tonight.
I'm glad you liked it.

Yeah, it's pretty grippy, but steering's a bit too numb for me IMHO. But that's just me.

At least the ACR was also waaaaay more improved than it's predecessors.
 
Yeah, it's pretty grippy, but steering's a bit too numb for me IMHO. But that's just me.

At least the ACR was also waaaaay more improved than it's predecessors.

Viper has come a long way since the old RT/10.
It now can actually handlle, and outhandle most of today's supercars (on the Ring).
Amazing for a 8.4l FR american muscle car,
 
Yev
Viper has come a long way since the old RT/10.
It now can actually handlle, and outhandle most of today's supercars (on the Ring).
Amazing for a 8.4l FR american muscle car,

Yeah. I'm just drawing out my experiences with that car on Cote d' Azur, and this car *nearly* went through Nouvelle but crashed.

Or I took the wrong line. Either way, I don't think it's a perfect car, but it's one hell of a beast. 👍
 
Yeah. I'm just drawing out my experiences with that car on Cote d' Azur, and this car *nearly* went through Nouvelle but crashed.

Or I took the wrong line. Either way, I don't think it's a perfect car, but it's one hell of a beast. 👍

Read the 'Vette tale.
It'll kinda show you how amazed I'm with it. It's just fun, amazingly fun.
Viper on the other hand is just...I mean, I love Viper but I can't feel the power like I can with the ZR1.
Viper is a lot more forgiving and she knows the job too well, I'm thinking of a reasonable way to write a tale without using a word slut (which is the first thing that comes to my mind).
And also, I'm not some weirdo. We, as guys, love cars - I just compare them to women.
The harder you push - the more she'll scream...or not, depends on the girl.

Wow, inspiration came just 3 minutes before I have to to to school.
I'll finish the Viper tale when I get home.
Stay put. 👍
 
Yev
Read the 'Vette tale.
It'll kinda show you how amazed I'm with it. It's just fun, amazingly fun.
Viper on the other hand is just...I mean, I love Viper but I can't feel the power like I can with the ZR1.
Viper is a lot more forgiving and she knows the job too well, I'm thinking of a reasonable way to write a tale without using a word slut (which is the first thing that comes to my mind).
And also, I'm not some weirdo. We, as guys, love cars - I just compare them to women.
The harder you push - the more she'll scream...or not, depends on the girl.

Wow, inspiration came just 3 minutes before I have to to to school.
I'll finish the Viper tale when I get home.
Stay put. 👍

The harder I push mine, the more she screams out of frustration. :p

About comparing cars to women, even though I'm at that age where people as old as me are FPS videogame micspammers and stuff, I don't really mind. I've even thought of Aston Martins and near na- *gets shot*
 
The report is very good, like something I would read from a car magazine, maybe you should look into becoming a car journalist.
 
As long as the Viper's better than the Corvette I'm happy, I get to rub it in my brother's face that my beloved Viper is better than his Vette :p
 
Yeah. I'm just drawing out my experiences with that car on Cote d' Azur, and this car *nearly* went through Nouvelle but crashed.

Or I took the wrong line. Either way, I don't think it's a perfect car, but it's one hell of a beast. 👍

No offense but it's probably the latter. I don't think i'd do any better right away, but i've found you can get any car around any bend if you take the appropriate line, that line may just be slow.
 
No offense but it's probably the latter. I don't think i'd do any better right away, but i've found you can get any car around any bend if you take the appropriate line, that line may just be slow.

Yeah, I know. I was foolish enough to cut it until it's nose kissed the wall. But anyway, the Viper isn't the best car ever, but I loved it.
 
Yeah, I know. I was foolish enough to cut it until it's nose kissed the wall. But anyway, the Viper isn't the best car ever, but I loved it.

I'll agree with that, it's good for an american car, but i didn't find it as enjoyable to drive as some other cars.
 
Regarding the Viper, I think that's what attracts people to it; it's not a simple car to drive. It was never intended to be. It has very few driver assist nannies. You actually have to know how to drive and respect the car in order to wring out the best lap times on it. That's why I'm hooked, and I will seriously consider buying one (SRT-10 or ACR) in a few years' time. I am impressed with it that much. Good reviews by the way!
 
The report is very good, like something I would read from a car magazine, maybe you should look into becoming a car journalist.

Thanks man! :D

Viper Ring Tale added.
 
Good Review.

I used the Ford GT for the 4 hour enduro at the Ring. One of the funnest races I did yet. I'm thinking i wanna try it with the ACR next but I gotta buy another one cause I put too many upgrades on the 2 I have now.
 
Yev, great review on the "Top Three" love how u did the review keep it up man :)👍

I see that the GT is the best, but in my eyes I can see more with the Viper's beastry in it's performance is spectactular on the Nordschleife irl and in GT5. Maybe a rematch? :lol:

Btw yev if u read this I'm coming up with a few cool reviews/battles that I would like to have your opinion on. Here's the name of two for now:

Battle of the Supercars new vs. Old: this review and battle is between cars early as in the 1980's all the way to the future of supercars/hypercars. Raw power versus technology, who will end up being victorious?

Tuner Shootout: The CT230R they say is the worlds best tuner car which everyone here on GTPlanet and on the racetracks around the world is having debates if it's a tuner or race car. But take out the other greatest tuners and see that they are the conquers of the track or just left in the shadows of the CT23.

If you want more info PM me Yev. :)
 
Yev, great review on the "Top Three" love how u did the review keep it up man :)👍

I see that the GT is the best, but in my eyes I can see more with the Viper's beastry in it's performance is spectactular on the Nordschleife irl and in GT5. Maybe a rematch? :lol:

Btw yev if u read this I'm coming up with a few cool reviews/battles that I would like to have your opinion on. Here's the name of two for now:

Battle of the Supercars new vs. Old: this review and battle is between cars early as in the 1980's all the way to the future of supercars/hypercars. Raw power versus technology, who will end up being victorious?

Tuner Shootout: The CT230R they say is the worlds best tuner car which everyone here on GTPlanet and on the racetracks around the world is having debates if it's a tuner or race car. But take out the other greatest tuners and see that they are the conquers of the track or just left in the shadows of the CT23.

If you want more info PM me Yev. :)

First off I'd like to thank you for the kind words and I will do more of these reviews in near future.
Ford GT is the best all-round car. Of course, the choice is up to you.
ZR1 is the best racer and the most fun to drive.
Viper ACR is amazing for tuners and it's amazing on the Nurburgring.
Ford GT is great to keep stock, handles like a charm, it's fast and beautiful.

I love all those 3 cars and I wasn't biased in any way.
Nothing like making a comparison between 3 cars you really love.
Again, my racing choice is the ZR1, my tuner choice is ACR (Nordschleife choice) and my stock choice is GT.


Battle of the supercars, new vs old sounds interesting.
As for the tuner shootout - HKS CT230R isn't one. It's a race car (purpose built car for time trialing, race against time) and it's not road legal.
Maybe Amuse 350Z vs HPA R32? We'll see.

Anyways, thanks again (PM sent).
 
A very fun and informative read. Great job, keep it up! I would suggest putting the type of tire you used for each car in the review. Don't get too outrageous with the "stories" and your series will be good for a long time.👍
 
A very fun and informative read. Great job, keep it up! I would suggest putting the type of tire you used for each car in the review. Don't get too outrageous with the "stories" and your series will be good for a long time.👍

Not all people are equal nor are the cars.
Ring Tales were this review's exclusive.
I've used completely stock cars with sport hard tires.

Thanks, I'll keep it up. :D
 
Yev
I know and that's the problem.
SRT-10 ACR is a high-end top performance version...why doesn't it have a top performance gearbox then? Why do you need a cruising gear for a barely legal Viper?
It's a shame, it'd be amazing with better gearbox and it already has amazing downforce so it'd be just ten times better.

Unfortunately PD included the '08 ACR in the game...after setting the lap record at the ring with a 2008 ACR....Dodge tweaked some things for the '10 model year..

The 2010 Viper ACR benefits from a shorter fifth-gear ratio (changing from 0.74 to 0.80) for hastier high-speed acceleration and higher straightaway speeds. Dodge claims the change came about because of testing at the Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit in northwest Germany where it was found that a lower top-gear ratio would have resulted in a higher speed capability and potentially better lap times. They appear to have been correct.

The 2010 ACR also gets a new short-throw shifter, and the rear wing profile and end plates are reshaped to reduce drag and improve rear yaw downforce. These changes result in an increase in top speed of 4 mph (to 184 mph).

these changes could have EASILY been implemented by PD considering the 2010 ACR was out well before GT5 released...not to mention the fact that the car should have adjustable front downforce from the factory...and its adjustable suspension is not properly replicated either...

you also mentioned the tires...ad the ACR comes from the factory with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires...these are in a whole different league compared to the tires that the Corvette comes with stock...frankly if the Vette has Sport Hard in GT5...the Viper should come with Sport Soft
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately PD included the '08 ACR in the game...after setting the lap record at the ring with a 2008 ACR....Dodge tweaked some things for the '10 model year..



these changes could have EASILY been implemented by PD considering the 2010 ACR was out well before GT5 released...not to mention the fact that the car should have adjustable front downforce from the factory...and its adjustable suspension is not properly replicated either...

you also mentioned the tires...ad the ACR comes from the factory with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires...these are in a whole different league compared to the tires that the Corvette comes with stock...frankly if the Vette has Sport Hard in GT5...the Viper should come with Sport Soft

Yes, so true.
But the 7:22 record has been made in '09, so that's using a '08 model.
 
Yev
Yes, so true.
But the 7:22 record has been made in '09, so that's using a '08 model.


i know...i said that in the first sentence i typed...but things like the downforce, and the tires would have been available for the 08
 
When is the almost Top 3 battle coming??

Camaro v Mustang v Challenger

I'd love for you to do that, was cool reading this one that one would be better since I plan on buying a Camaro in the next 1-2 years. :D
 
When is the almost Top 3 battle coming??

Camaro v Mustang v Challenger

I'd love for you to do that, was cool reading this one that one would be better since I plan on buying a Camaro in the next 1-2 years. :D

Will do mate!
Right now I'm in a process of testing two of European (and worlwide) legandary hypercars. old vs new.
Legend vs Beast

You guess.

:D
 
Yev
Will do mate!
Right now I'm in a process of testing two of European (and worlwide) legandary hypercars. old vs new.
Legend vs Beast

You guess.

:D

Hey how it going with the new reviews? Sorry I couldn't post soon, I trying to save up for the Enzo and another F1 (first one made into a F1 LM). But I can't wait to see what you have for the test! ;)👍

And I liked the idea about the pony cars from the other poster. That's a grand idea there also.

Keep it up! :D:tup:
 
Hey how it going with the new reviews? Sorry I couldn't post soon, I trying to save up for the Enzo and another F1 (first one made into a F1 LM). But I can't wait to see what you have for the test! ;)👍

And I liked the idea about the pony cars from the other poster. That's a grand idea there also.

Keep it up! :D:tup:

I did 40% of the review so far.
But I have exams until ~20th June so I won't be able to spend too much time on GT5.
But the review will come.
I am planning about Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger and sport saloons (M5 vs RS6 vs C63 AMG vs IS F vs XFR) in the near future, stay tuned - it's going to be great.

I'm keeping my current one a secret, you'll see.
👍
 
Back