AMG confirmes three new cars in GT6

• Thread starter Johan
  • 138 comments
Don`t know m8, we are talking about PD afterall.

I wish they would give us everyday cars too, not just high performance AMG vehicles.

Uh PD is know for giving us "everyday" cars. Now when they add three "high performance" AMG's, you complain?

So we are getting three new AMGs? Why not Silver Arrows?

Donington_1754826c.jpg

3902.jpg

4525589913_8f463f3194_z.jpg

merc163g.png

new5_muttley.gif

Uh PD is know for giving us "everyday" cars. Now when they add three "high performance" AMG's, you complain?

I mean a every day Mercedes. I would like to tune a C220 CDI too, not just the C63. Same with BMW and Audi. German brands are only represented by sport cars.

I guess we will either get the facelifted C63 or the Coupe version too.

Edit:

For our silberarrow fans here:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf5DyxfqT8U

Awesome sound (eventhough they were fitted with the engines of the 300 SLR and not the F1 engines)!

Last edited:
A little early to complain but just 3 from such a popular manufacturer seems rather underwhelming.

Did you even read the press release? Did you miss the bit that says this?

In addition to the three new vehicles, no fewer than 21 further vehicles from Mercedes-Benz which featured in Gran Turismo® 5 will also be taking to the track to set the pulses of gaming fans racing.

Grand Prix
So we are getting three new AMGs? Why not Silver Arrows?

I wouldn't rule them out entirely. Mercedes has only said three AMG models are being added. Those Silver Arrows are not AMG cars.

Remember E3 isn't far away so more will be revealed, plus Kaz said there will be DLC.
Slightly off topic, but are pre-1950 GP cars covered by the F1 license?

Did you even read the press release? Did you miss the bit that says this?

In addition to the three new vehicles, no fewer than 21 further vehicles from Mercedes-Benz which featured in Gran Turismo® 5 will also be taking to the track to set the pulses of gaming fans racing.

So, er, that confirms that we now know all the Mercedes vehicles in the game. 3 New ones, 21 we already know from GT5.

Bathurst has not been confirmed for GT6.

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item610202/Buckle-up-for-Gran-Turismo-6/

It seems this reference has been removed. Yesterday it read:

The UK's Silverstone Circuit and legendary Australian circuit Mount Panorama, Bathurst are among the seven new locations from a total of 33 available to speed through, with 71 different layouts

But today it's:

The UK's Silverstone Circuit is among the seven new locations from a total of 33 available to speed through, with 71 different layouts

Slightly off topic, but are pre-1950 GP cars covered by the F1 license?

No, but its unlikely that we get them.

Thank god those beauties were never tainted by Eccelstone and CVC.

BTT:
Only 3 new Mercedes sounds a bit underwhelming. Driveclub atleast got the CLA45, I thought PD and Evolution would share assets? Strange

Maybe PD gives some standart ones premium treatment (SL65 AMG should be easy)

BTT:
Only 3 new Mercedes sounds a bit underwhelming. Driveclub atleast got the CLA45, I thought PD and Evolution would share assets? Strange

Maybe PD gives some standart ones premium treatment (SL65 AMG should be easy)

Keep in mind though, that this was an announcement by AMG, not Mercedes-Benz or PD. Just because there are only 3 (announced) new AMG model MB cars, that doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be more new MB's.

So, er, that confirms that we now know all the Mercedes vehicles in the game. 3 New ones, 21 we already know from GT5.

There's hoping (against better knowledge perhaps) they've at least made the 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II (and Sauber) Premium then.
But, yeah, only 3 new cars is a bit low and destroys any hope for epic prewar material too (in general), nevermind things like a 450SEL 6.9 or Pagoda. :grumpy:

Keep in mind though, that this was an announcement by AMG, not Mercedes-Benz or PD. Just because there are only 3 (announced) new AMG model MB cars, that doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be more new MB's.

They said these 3 new cars in addition to the 21 cars already in the game, and AMG is Mercedes and vice versa.

They said these 3 new cars in addition to the 21 cars already in the game, and AMG is Mercedes and vice versa.

True... Still hoping for at least a couple more though :) I love me some Mercedes and BMW

Different strokes for different folks but I just do not understand the appeal of so many letter-number-designated Mercedes, BMWs and Audis. I like them generally but to me, German cars look all so similar, and older ones up to the 80s had a ton more character. If we are to have 3 new Mercedes can't one be a C111 concept car? Or a beautiful old Merc from the 40s or 50s? It just seems so unimaginative.

Different strokes for different folks but I just do not understand the appeal of so many letter-number-designated Mercedes, BMWs and Audis. I like them generally but to me, German cars look all so similar, and older ones up to the 80s had a ton more character. If we are to have 3 new Mercedes can't one be a C111 concept car? Or a beautiful old Merc from the 40s or 50s? It just seems so unimaginative.

I agree with you about a lot of German cars looking very similar. While I sincerely hope more Mercs and BMW's get added, I would like to see more of their classical models, when they stood out from each other.

Good post. It reminded me of when Hammond said the Germans were so concerned with what the competition was doing that they all ended up generally the same.

That said, one can't go wrong with choosing a German car. They just know how to make great cars.

C111 is no car you can add into this game.. It was a vehicle primary designed to test new technologies.

A45, this car is very important to Mercedes. They want to attract younger audiences. Adding this car to GT5 will help them alot.

E63, GT5 really lacked a premium E class AMG. We had a A6 and M5, but only standart E55 AMGs to race against.

SLS GT3, maybe we will get more GT3 cars, so we can have full GT3 grids. Also, this is the only Mercedes premium race car. For me it was really underwhelming in GT5 that my favourite brands (Merc, Ferrari) had no GT type race cars.

Btw, maybe we get a RMed C63? Mercedes used the W204 pre facelift (the one we have) in DTM till the end of the 2010 season, then it got replaced by the facelift car and a year later by the coupe.

As Kaz said, long ago, he wanted to include DTM series/cars in GT5, I was expecting to see the new DTM era cars in GT6 (Mercedes C Coupe, BMW M3 and Audi A5).

But if these 3 announced Mercedes are the only new Merc cars in GT6, it seems bad news to me as a DTM fan.

Latest Posts

Back