Amuse at Polyphony

• Thread starter CCXRacer
  • 82 comments
Sweden
Arizona
CScropduster06
My Japanese is rough at best, but Powerhouse Amuse posted a photo with a brief description on Facebook this morning stating the following:
今年12月に発売されたグランツーリスモ6。
毎年年末に山内さんに会いにポリフォニーデジタルの納会に参加させてもらっています。
自動車業界問わず、各業種のプロフェッショナルが集まる別世界。
 グランツーリスモ6は本当に進化しています。
そんなグランツーリスモをやりながら、これからも山内さんはどんな事を考えているのか?
凄く興味がわいてきました。ワクワクする気持ちを抑え、
AMUSEとしての来期の目標を山内さんにだけお伝えしてきました。

Which my reliance on Fb's translate tool comes into play:
"Gran Turismo 6 was released in December this year.
Every year at the end of met Mr./Ms. Yamauchi has joined it on the last trading of polyphony digital.
 The world regardless of the automobile industry, where industry professionals.
Gran Turismo 6 has truly evolved.
Like Gran Turismo, while what do you think Mr./Ms. Yamauchi from this? So have I piqued your interest. Feeling excited about the goals for the next fiscal year as the AMUSE only tell Mr./Ms. Yamauchi has been."

It would be helpful if any native Japanese speakers on here could fill in any blanks, could be interesting, or nothing noteworthy but a GT6 plug.

https://www.facebook.com/powerhouseamuse

I google translated this thread and there is no mention of any dwarfs

"Gran Turismo 6 was released in December this year. Every year at the end of met Mr. / Ms. Yamauchi has joined it on the last trading of polyphony digital. The world regardless of the automobile industry, where industry professionals. Gran Turismo 6 has truly evolved. Like Gran Turismo, while what do you think Mr. / Ms. Yamauchi from this? So have I piqued your interest. Feeling excited about the goals for the next fiscal year as the AMUSE only tell Mr. / Ms. Yamauchi has been. "

I'm liking the optimism around here. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but GT6, if I'm not mistaken, hasn't featured any new cars from Amuse, Amemiya, Spoon, etc since GT5. So I also hope we get some new cars!

This ?

Vehicle: AMUSE Nissan 370Z

Bodykit: “Vestito” bodykit with front + rear bumper, sides kirts, rear spoiler with gurney flap + brake lamp by Powerhouse Amuse
http://www.webamuse.co.jp/z34/index.html
Exhaust system: RS silent exhaust – STTI by Powerhouse Amuse

198078_175267709190877_30348_n.jpg

lol way to go screwing airflow by installing those exhaust outlets there.

I'm sure it'll handle better in the game that this example of proper engineering:

RENNtech_SLS_diffuser_004.jpg

Last edited:

I'm sure it'll handle better in the game that this example of proper engineering:

Haha sorry I'd say Amuse knows what they are doing. "Proper engineering" has many different forms. That car's not exactly made to break Tsukuba lap records or anything.

If you see the updated photos of the Amuse 370z it's wearing the carbon fibre vented hood..the hood itself is almost 5k brand new the same price as the body kit with all pieces, best kit ever made for the Fairlady.

AmuseSingleExit1.jpg

Amuse, Z34, 86 Turbo and the Ericsson M3. My favorite Amuse cars the JZX100 Chaser is hiding in the back, sadly Kaz has little love to spare for Toyota's so we will probably never see a premium X-chassis.

Amuse, Z34, 86 Turbo and the Ericsson M3. My favorite Amuse cars the JZX100 Chaser is hiding in the back, sadly Kaz has little love to spare for Toyota's so we will probably never see a premium X-chassis.

The possibility of that makes me quite sad.

Haha sorry I'd say Amuse knows what they are doing. "Proper engineering" has many different forms. That car's not exactly made to break Tsukuba lap records or anything.

No, they don't. It's classic example of Japanese tunings lack of knowledge about aerodynamics. They simply stick a body kit and oversized, misplaced exhaust system. What's the point in having wide body kit when you first dirty the airflow under the floor, then add some unneeded weight?

Stock plus proper exhaust system (http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/car/product/sports coupe/73?brandId=14) kills it.

I think he's right though. The amuse body kit really sells the exhaust. But no way does it provide smooth airflow out the back.

Last edited:
Exactly. Why don't the know-it-alls in here contact Amuse directly and tell them they are doing it wrong, I'm sure they would be happy to school you. Amuse is one of, if not THE top tuner in Japan. They know what they are doing.

No, they don't. It's classic example of Japanese tunings lack of knowledge about aerodynamics. They simply stick a body kit and oversized, misplaced exhaust system. What's the point in having wide body kit when you first dirty the airflow under the floor, then add some unneeded weight?

Stock plus proper exhaust system (http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/car/product/sports coupe/73?brandId=14) kills it.

Hahahaaa your funny comparing an Akrapovic exhaust to one from Amuse! Do you even know how hard it is to weld titanium and how many man hours it take's to make an Amuse exhaust!!!

automotive_connoisseur_group_nissan_gt-R_r35_akrapovic_exhaust_01.jpg

amuse-gtr-exhaust-001.jpg

I don't think i can name one tuner that puts as much effort and skill into their exhaust systems as amuse does! The Akrapovic is a joke compared to the Amuse.

Sounds like PD and Amuse are working on a new tuned car that could come as DLC.
why is it that when Kaz even mentions a car manufacturer/tuner passively, people start to pray for DLC?

Sure, Amuse has a "good fiscal year" under their belt, but sheesh... hold your horses. :rolleyes:

Indeed. For all we know this is just Kaz going to the Amuse offices to celebrate New Years'. PD and Amuse have had a working relationship for... what, 8 years now? They are probably good friends across both companies.

I think he's right though. The amuse body kit really sells the exhaust. But no way does it provide smooth airflow out the back.

I never said it does. But what I did mean is that it doesn't need to. Again, with Amuse's expertise I'm sure the car drives amazingly well. Yes, the exhaust/body combo creates a little drag, but so what? The car's made to showcase a product, you said it.

But he's wrong about "proper engineering." The exhaust shaves weight, and creates more power while looking absolutely gorgeous on a street car. I call that proper engineering bud.

For those doubting their engineering, watch them go toe-to-toe with some of japan's best tuners. And completely destroy them.

Akrapovic is a joke compared to the Amuse.

Now that is joke of the year.

Amuse is tuner company. Akrapovic does tuning as a side job.

3 Nürburgring 24h Race Winners
4 24h Le Mans Race Winners with Audi
2 DTM Drivers Championships with Audi and BMW
2 DTM Manufacturers Championshipips with BMW

This is just after 2008 and only for race cars. For motorbikes, just add two thirds of all Moto GP, Moto2-3 drivers.

Last edited:
Well...regardless off who is better than who. I'd like to think there is more in the works between PD and Amuse then just a dinner party. But I realize that's optimistic.

I didn't make this thread with the intention of having to defend Amuse because their exhaust (for street cars) creates a little drag. :rolleyes:

RENNtech_SLS_diffuser_004.jpg
hahahshsahahahahshaha you actually think that little "diffuser" actually does something

cosmetics

Now that is joke of the year.

Amuse is tuner company. Akrapovic does tuning as a side job.

3 Nürburgring 24h Race Winners
4 24h Le Mans Race Winners with Audi
2 DTM Drivers Championships with Audi and BMW
2 DTM Manufacturers Championshipips with BMW

This is just after 2008 and only for race cars. For motorbikes, just add two thirds of all Moto GP, Moto2-3 drivers.

Wow. A European exhaust company provides exhausts for European race winners from European manufacturers. Wow.

An exhaust never makes a race winner. Never has, never will.

Take Audi for instance. Akrapovič only signed on to their Le Mans program in 2012 to build exhausts for the then-new R18. Audi by then had already won the race ten times before.

I'm not saying that Akrapovič aren't great at what they do; they make some excellent exhausts, both for cars and motorbikes. But you're putting down Amuse and all other Japanese tuners just by looking at pictures of one Japanese-tuned car, and applying it to the rest of the industry.

By the way I love how you discern "proper engineering" from comparing the underside of a tuned version of a small sports car to a purpose-built flat bottom of a supercar. Now that's joke of the year.

Last edited:
Back