Amuse at Polyphony

• Thread starter CCXRacer
  • 82 comments
lol some of you surely are amusing. I'm not even sure why am I arguing with such a heap of Japcar lovers. But seriously numbers speak for themself.

Yes Japanese tuners only make drift cars. This is where they can win. A collage of cars from Japanese gt championship surely will not convice me otherwise. They simply don't dare of moving into internationall competition. Well, with Dome as an exception, their head Samurai sure makes things fun on the circuit.

The rest sticks to their heavily regulated GT championship where rules and low competition allows abovepictured abominations to be competitive. And the big guns just buy themselves a team from US or Europe to run their program.

That says it all really. You have prejudice against Japanese cars and it's causing you to refuse to acknowledge what others tell you.

So please tell me this: Why did you feel the need to come into this thread I created and instead of discussing the topic, you put down Powerhouse Amuse? And then steam roll into saying ignorant statements against all Japanese tuners in general once people came to their defense?

It won't be another S2000. Not only is it not on sale any more so Amuse wouldn't be tuning as many, but they surely can't ruin the S2000 as much as they did with the GT1 Turbo.

:odd:

2367856755_721e636b06.jpg

:bowdown:

You and I have different definitions of the word 'ruin'

lol some of you surely are amusing. I'm not even sure why am I arguing with such a heap of Japcar lovers.

I think I can speak for most of the people here that we're not just "Japcar lovers" (please watch your language). I love European cars just as much as I love Japanese cars, possibly even more. But you're just speaking out of your ass on this.

Yes Japanese tuners only make drift cars. This is where they can win. A collage of cars from Japanese gt championship surely will not convice me otherwise.

I love how you pointed at a collection of ten pictures with four Super GT cars and call it a "collage of cars from Japanese gt championship".

You may have noticed that I posted a couple of pictures of Time Attack cars, which are pretty much specifically built for grip (the downforce generated by these things are nuts). And who are the leaders at building cars and parts for these competitions? Yep, you guessed it...

They simply don't dare of moving into internationall competition.

Well how about the Gazoo Racing Toyotas and Nismo's GT3 programme? Not forgetting Mazda and Honda (GT2 class winner) winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the 1990s...

The only reason Japanese manufacturers and tuners have generally avoided international racing over the past ten years or so have been because of financial struggles in their home country. Now that things seem to be improving they seem to be coming out of the woodwork again.

The rest sticks to their heavily regulated GT championship where rules and low competition allows abovepictured abominations to be competitive.

I'm sorry to disappoint you mate, but the GT500 cars are faster than GT1 machines exactly because there are less aerodynamic restrictions. Indeed, teams did try to run GT1 cars in the class but they just couldn't keep up. Outside of Le Mans prototypes, GT500 cars are the fastest sports racing cars out there.

And the big guns just buy themselves a team from US or Europe to run their program.

I suppose that's why Team Mugen won the GT300 championship this year in their purpose-built CR-Z against a sea of GT3 machinery. Oh wait, that's not right...

Also, how many European tuners actually compete in top tier European race series? They supply parts for the big boys, sure, and sometimes they even run their own teams, but the machines are still designed and built by the manufacturers' own racing divisions.

Last edited:
It's absolutely disgusting.

Literally none of the S2000 essence is left in it. I pretty much hate it.

still hatin' after all these years eh? Essence is nonsense when you're in the world of outright performance.

---

The sheer ignorance in this thread has made my birthday the most memorable yet. Thank you for the gift of laughing at your faces.

Damn tho. Happy birthday mah boi 👍

To be fair, the reason I probably hate it so much is because the S2000 tunes I'm used to are ones that don't touch the body much at all. The Amuse Street Version was wonderful in GT5, and the Opera, though a slightly more racy tune, was even better. But the S2k Turbo went so far it angered me.

Damn tho. Happy birthday mah boi 👍

To be fair, the reason I probably hate it so much is because the S2000 tunes I'm used to are ones that don't touch the body much at all. The Amuse Street Version was wonderful in GT5, and the Opera, though a slightly more racy tune, was even better. But the S2k Turbo went so far it angered me.

Two words m8. Time attack. Your every own country's also active about it.

Time-Attack-Snetterton-24.jpg

thanks for the birthday wish tho.

The Evo's different though because the way it starts off means that my acceptable tuning 'threshold' of it is much higher. You know how much I love the CT230R for god's sake.

No, they don't. It's classic example of Japanese tunings lack of knowledge about aerodynamics. They simply stick a body kit and oversized, misplaced exhaust system. What's the point in having wide body kit when you first dirty the airflow under the floor, then add some unneeded weight?

Stock plus proper exhaust system (http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/car/product/sports coupe/73?brandId=14) kills it.

Man do you even know how a diffuser works?

It's absolutely disgusting.

Literally none of the S2000 essence is left in it. I pretty much hate it.

Yes, because making the ultimate street legal time attack machine ruins the essence of the S2000. :rolleyes:

lol some of you surely are amusing. I'm not even sure why am I arguing with such a heap of Japcar lovers. But seriously numbers speak for themself.

Yes Japanese tuners only make drift cars. This is where they can win. A collage of cars from Japanese gt championship surely will not convice me otherwise. They simply don't dare of moving into internationall competition. Well, with Dome as an exception, their head Samurai sure makes things fun on the circuit.

The rest sticks to their heavily regulated GT championship where rules and low competition allows abovepictured abominations to be competitive. And the big guns just buy themselves a team from US or Europe to run their program.

OK.

So is that why Honda powered cars dominated F1 between 1986 and 1991?

What about Mazda winning Le Mans in 1991 and being the only Japanese car manufacturer ever to win it, and with a Rotary engine as well?

What about the numerous WRC titles throughout the 90's that Subaru, Mitsubishi and Toyota had won?

BTCC, Honda just in 2011 and 2012, demolished the rest of the field.

Group A Touring Cars? Nissan Skyline GTR? Does this ring any bells?

But no, no the Japanese can only make drift cars.

No, they don't. It's classic example of Japanese tunings lack of knowledge about aerodynamics. They simply stick a body kit and oversized, misplaced exhaust system. What's the point in having wide body kit when you first dirty the airflow under the floor, then add some unneeded weight?

Stock plus proper exhaust system (http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/car/product/sports coupe/73?brandId=14) kills it.

And look at what is in front of the carbon in the 'proper' example you posted. The airflow is destroyed long before its getting to that diffuser lookalike. One is built for performance, one for looks, take your pic.

Take Audi for instance. Akrapovič only signed on to their Le Mans program in 2012 to build exhausts for the then-new R18. Audi by then had already won the race ten times before.

At the end of the day racing is a big business. Best teams use best parts and engineers chose them. But there is a catch. Behind every important racing part is a contract. Manufacturers sell best teams products without logotype but if u want to become "official" u sign a contract, provide your products for free and also u pay undisclosed amount but in return they are usually selling your product through their dealerships.

In case of Le Mans Audi. They were using Akrapovič exhaust before they signed a contract ;).

Or another exaple... Rossi was riding bikes with Akrapovič exhaust for years but this year there was a contract behind so there was also a logo on exhaust.

Tho must say it was amusing reading posts from some trolls. Comparing beautifly wellded Amuse exhaust with Akrapovič curved ones...

At the end if we are talking about straight facts. Amuse is a top company in many aspects. Akrapovič only makes exhausts and it is in the top of the game.

Well, this is more of a race car than a simple tuner car though, wider axles and all. I love a good S2000 tuner as much as the next guy (who doesn't hate on Japanese cars ;)) but the Amuse S2000 GT1 is one of my faves.

Quick edit - wow, it won't let me use the perjorative text, but I like that. Jordan must have recently implemented that.

Oh, the S2000 GT1 before it was fine. Both in GT2 and GT4 form. Even the S2000 LM circa GT3. I quite liked the speed of those. I think the S2k Turbo pissed me off first mostly because it was too fast for the other tuners to handle in GT5. Then when I went deeper I found that it was about as S2000 as a cheesecake so I just passed it off as a 'brainwash', if you'd like, of the S2k. And I didn't like that.

all I can say is this.

MG_7974.jpg

10343895975_82f63277ac_b.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

Imagine if PD really did sneak in a WTAC Pro class entrant in the game. You'd be damned for sure.

---

"Blah blah blah the Japanese can't performance for jack they're all show and no go."

@s-oso your sheer ignorance is a godsend gift and I should give my thanks for it.

That is why SuperGT and DTM are now running same regulations pretty much. Proof of "Buying a team"? :odd:

Oh, the S2000 GT1 before it was fine. Both in GT2 and GT4 form. Even the S2000 LM circa GT3. I quite liked the speed of those. I think the S2k Turbo pissed me off first mostly because it was too fast for the other tuners to handle in GT5. Then when I went deeper I found that it was about as S2000 as a cheesecake so I just passed it off as a 'brainwash', if you'd like, of the S2k. And I didn't like that.

Fair enough. I wish the S2000 GT1 was real, it was one of my favorite cars in GT2. The wide stance was more aggressive but it still kept within the styling of the stock version, which cannot be said about the Amuse Turbo. It was much more subtle than that car and I appreciate that. Really they're just two different interpretations of a racing S2000 and I love them both.

806.jpg

its effect, if any, will be negligible

for one, only about 1/6th of the underside is flat, theres a ton of space for air to leak and its far from the ground

Sorry to drag this back up, but diffusers aren't all about producing downforce on race cars. They help the flow from underneath the car stay attached for longer up the rear of the car, reducing the size of the wake and therefore lowering drag. Also, having a flat panel behind the rear wheels instead of nothing will make less of the underbody flow become trapped behind the rear bumper, which also decreases drag and lift.

If you think that little diffuser will do nothing then you have no idea just how sensitive the rear of some cars can be to small changes.

That is why SuperGT and DTM are now running same regulations pretty much. Proof of "Buying a team"? :odd:

They're not running same specs. They plan to in the future. Big difference.

As for an example of buying a team, look at Toyotas whole racing program that started in 90s. All the rest follow same concept for races in Europe and America. Oh, and Australia as well. And this nice anecdote from there perfectly explains how they fare against superior Japanese engineering.

The team were then set to take their GT-R's to the Fuji Speedway in Japan for the 1991 Fuji 500 race, but were asked not to do so by the head of NISMO in Japan. The Japanese company were fearful that the Australian built car would easily outpace and defeat the Japanese GT-R's at Fuji after seeing the overwhelming speed of the Gibson built car at Bathurst. NISMO claimed that it would be bad for business for their own factory backed cars, as well as those of their customers, to be soundly beaten by an overseas built GT-R.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Motor_Sport

Back