Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo

  • Thread starter Thread starter calan_svc
  • 49 comments
  • 14,118 views
Messages
594
United States
OKC, U.S.
Messages
calansvc
If you haven't got one already (and you have an extra 1/4 million Cr that you're just dying to spend), go to the Amuse dealership and pick up the S2000 GT1 Turbo.

This car is an absolute BEAST! With 640+ HP @ 1120kg and excellent handling, it can hang with some of the big boys. It's a blast to drive and very easy to throw around the track; just point it where you want to go and drop the loud pedal. It's equally good at grip or drifting, and drives great right out of the box. For some real fun... toss a set of street tires on it (Sport Soft), and go win the Super GT championship against the JGTC race cars. :)

For a milder version of the same car, the AEM S2000 handles just as nicely and is fun for lower class races.

Just thought I'd share... I'm all giddy after playing with it again for a couple of hours. :lol:
 
Last edited:
I loved that car ever since I drove it in GT5P!.
I bought one then realised I could win one...
All well, brilliant car :D 👍
 
If you haven't got one already (and you have an extra 1/4 million Cr that you're just dying to spend), go to the Amuse dealership and pick up the S2000 GT1 Turbo.

This car is an absolute BEAST! With 640+ HP @ 1120kg and excellent handling, it can hang with some of the big boys. It's a blast to drive and very easy to throw around the track; just point it where you want to go and drop the loud pedal. It's equally good at grip or drifting, and drives great right out of the box. For some real fun... toss a set of street tires on it (Sport Soft), and go win the Super GT championship against the JGTC race cars. :)

For a milder version of the same car, the AEM S2000 handles just as nicely and is fun for lower class races.

Just thought I'd share... I'm all giddy after playing with it again for a couple of hours. :lol:

👍 i bought one and modded it yesterday absolutely my favorite car in the game so far and it sounds just as good as it looks
 
... it sounds just as good as it looks

Yeah... one of the few cars that has everything. I wish more cars in the game were as "complete" as this one is.
 
Hi first post (registered in 2005 lol), played em all from GT1...

Great to hear the s2000 GT1 is still a great car, loved it in GT4 and love that it's a premium as well! What i don't love is that you have to B-spec the Tsukuba track for 9 hours to win it :p Wondering whether i should just suck it up and buy it?
 
Yeah, I love this car. Sometimes it makes me want to buy an s2000 just to go crazy with Amuse parts.
 
I bought 1 from the used car dealership for a 1/4 of million.
 
I saw one in the UCD for 246k Cr - They are 250k Cr brand new so i bought a brand new white one and must say what a car! Very happy with it. Looks awesome too :)
 
yeah, i won one in the Tsukuba 9h b-spec endurance race... Just set it going before i went to bed and let Bob do his thing :p

Great car though.
 
The one in the used car lot is an 03 model and the one in the new dealership is the older one 00-02 model before they changed the tailights and increased the torque but dropped the 9k rev limit to 8. Yea this is my fav car in the game and also because i own one irl, sebring silver 05 though..:)
ANd now i have both models too
 
The one that u win in bspec is not the GTI turbo. I've been a fan of this great car since GT4:)
 
One of the best cars in game. A blast to drive.
 
Yeah I got one a few weeks ago and fully upgraded it, it's a great car. Good power and excellent handling. I found it interesting that if you go with the race transmission, it gives you a 7 speed gearbox.

I actually used to own a fairly well-modded '00 S2000 in real life (60-1 turbo on a built engine with AEM EMS and all supporting mods, then later upgraded to a 62-1) and it was really a fun car, had a blast autocrossing it. I often wish I still had it but I've moved on to the world of crotchrockets now.
 
Yeah I got one a few weeks ago and fully upgraded it, it's a great car. Good power and excellent handling. I found it interesting that if you go with the race transmission, it gives you a 7 speed gearbox.

I actually used to own a fairly well-modded '00 S2000 in real life (60-1 turbo on a built engine with AEM EMS and all supporting mods, then later upgraded to a 62-1) and it was really a fun car, had a blast autocrossing it. I often wish I still had it but I've moved on to the world of crotchrockets now.

Not that it needs the upgrades :D
 
Remember that the one that sometimes appears in the UCD is NOT the Turbo one. It's much slower than the brand new one, so go get one there. Best buy in the game along with the Tommy Kaira ZZII.
 
xdpnxsyg88t9zejm80.jpg
 
Last edited:
This car ist just mental. I mean, it can demolish even the mighty McLaren F1 out on the track, just the way it comes from the dealership. A pure monster. And a real blast to drive around the 'Ring. Quite hard to master, though.

In my opinion, that's as good as the S2000 can get. A real powerhouse.
 
Another lover of the beast here. :)
After driving one in GT4, this was the one car I knew I wanted in GT5...As soon as I had the credit, I got a new dealer one. 👍

Nice pic BTW SixtyDashOne. :bowdown: 👍
 
Used to run like 6:45 lap times at the ring with the Amuse Turbo AP1 in GT4.
The brakes in this thing are unreal! Cant wait til im level 21 so i can buy it.
 
I recently ran a few laps around the 'Ring, using the various cars from tuning companies avilable in GT5'S new car dealership...
The GT1 completely destroyed everything else hands down. Pretty impressive how easily that thing dips into sub seven minutes times while completely stock.
 
WOW! Thanks for the info guys. I never tried this car before and I am actually planning to do the B-spec 9 hour Tsukuba endurance tonight. Hopefully I can get the car tomorrow!
 
Used to run like 6:45 lap times at the ring with the Amuse Turbo AP1 in GT4.
The brakes in this thing are unreal! Cant wait til im level 21 so i can buy it.

I did 6:28 with some little mistakes. I know if I try more, I can easily take 2 or 3 secons of time.

I know the stock suspension setup is amazing. If you have one better please share!
 
Aboslutely love this car from GT5P driving around Suzuka was ALWAYS a blast. I have yet to take it to the ring in GT5, but from what I read here, I will do so this weekend!
 
Just won the race at the 'ring on GT All Stars. Notables in the field were the Minolta 88c, a couple of R8's, a 905, Ford GT40, V12 LMR, R92CP, etc. I had to hold off the V12 the entire back straight due to it's much higher top speed, but managed to get the win with a time of 6:41.

This car is just too much fun! :) 👍
 
Last edited:
This car is an absolute BEAST! With 640+ HP @ 1120kg and excellent handling

Every time I brake the back steps out, even with a 6/3 setting. Really kills my laptimes. Doesnt it happen to everyone else?
 
One of these days my 2005 s2000 will be a monster like this one.
 
I recently ran a few laps around the 'Ring, using the various cars from tuning companies avilable in GT5'S new car dealership...
The GT1 completely destroyed everything else hands down. Pretty impressive how easily that thing dips into sub seven minutes times while completely stock.

You cant tunne it anyway lolol only add customizable gears to it and racing tyres
 
Every time I brake the back steps out, even with a 6/3 setting. Really kills my laptimes. Doesnt it happen to everyone else?

Nope. Works great with my G25 setup. I forget what my tune numbers are, but you probably need to adjust the LSD a bit as well as the suspension. You're probably just unloading the rear end too quickly when entering the corners.

It does move around a bit under acceleration, but it is 640hp crammed into an 1100kg street car. :D
 
Every time I brake the back steps out, even with a 6/3 setting. Really kills my laptimes. Doesnt it happen to everyone else?
Try softening your rear suspension a little and go with a 7/3 setup on the brakes.

You cant tunne it anyway lolol only add customizable gears to it and racing tyres

Which is enough of a difference to mention it's being run with the stock setup. I'd be dropping below 6:30 if I was running it with the racing softs easily.
 
Back