Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo

  • Thread starter Thread starter calan_svc
  • 49 comments
  • 14,115 views
Searched for a thread on this car and found this.

I've found it to be BY FAR the most fun, exciting, and one of the fastest cars to drive (not faster than some of the supercars obviously, but more fun to drive quite honestly). It really is a beast, it sounds great, I love the cockpit view and that red interior, it just drives so well. Yeah the rear end occasionally kicks out ever so much (not tuned it at all, only got medium racing tires, and that's it), but it's such a direct car, just goes exactly where you want, and well yeah, just a blast to drive, it's my Nurburgring car of choice. GET ONE NOW.
 
oh.. damn I've already bought it from the UCD lol
 
Can some one link me to a full tune?
This car is okay, im not seeing this aryan car everyone speaks of in it, though.
Id really just like a good tune, as maybe I just need it.
It feels very similar to the elise 111r rm to me
 
I recently ran a few laps around the 'Ring, using the various cars from tuning companies avilable in GT5'S new car dealership...
The GT1 completely destroyed everything else hands down. Pretty impressive how easily that thing dips into sub seven minutes times while completely stock.

Did you compare it to the Mines GTR? If so I'm curious to hear how it went.
 
Every time I brake the back steps out, even with a 6/3 setting. Really kills my laptimes. Doesnt it happen to everyone else?

Increase the decel value on the LSD. No idea what it is set to stock, but increasing that number will improve stability, but go too far and you will find it becoming increasingly hard to turn into a corner.
 
Did you compare it to the Mines GTR? If so I'm curious to hear how it went.

Yeah, I did. I don't remember the Mine's exact lap times (not on the leaderboard anymore), however, the GT1 completely destroyed it.
The Mine's is the second fastest, though, if I'm not mistaken. I kinda expected it to be slower than the CT230R, but... It wasn't :D
 
Part of the Mines pace is attributed to it's lower diff gears, also it's awesome response. It's a shame it was hammered by the GT1 though.
 
Part of the Mines pace is attributed to it's lower diff gears, also it's awesome response. It's a shame it was hammered by the GT1 though.

The GT1 is 200kg lighter and has 30HP more than the Mine's. It'd be a miracle if it didn't beat the Mine's...
 
Yeah of course it should beat it, but as a GTR owner I'm always hoping for the best.
 
CT230R: 7:06.676
Mine's GT-R: 7:09.379
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo: 6:58.361

Well, seems like I had the lap times messed up...
 
It has fake horsepower, lacks torque, so cars with bigger engines will pull away ;)
 
Something like a tuned Ford GT or even Mclaren F1 for example

It's engine it too peaky. Back in Prologue was when I first noticed the tuned Ford GT would always pull away from Honda, on anything other than an oval
 
You can win the non-Turbo version, which is a standard car.

I have the Standard one and it does have a turbo (theres a boost gauge in it), however its only 547 HP after oil change. That said its a crazy car, and if you do HP limited racing online the car is an absolute weapon for its class. Yeah its almost the same price as the new one, but if you're gonna use it for what I'm saying, its worth it.
 
Something like a tuned Ford GT or even Mclaren F1 for examplel

If they're maxed out, yes. However, when those cars are built to be at roghly the same weight and power as the GT1, it'll probably still win due to superior downforce.

Guess I'll buy and tune a Ford GT and see how it goes.

Ford GT: 7:12.544

Better acceleration and top speed, but its cornering speed is severly limited by the lack of downforce on the front.
 
Last edited:
I own both the '04 Turbo (the one Bob can win for you :-) and the GTI (bought it in green, I love it in that color).
That said, I used cars setup with lower power/weight ratio to beat both, in both short races and endurance.
Examples are: Ferrari Scuderia, Ferrari California.
(And let's not even mention the Audis.)
The Scuderia is a bit more expensive than the GTI, but at that level $50K more or so shouldn't matter. The California is actually even cheaper (base price), and it's a great car. In a way, the Amuse and the California are very similar.
The AI GTI is very well balanced, and that makes it a reference to beat in endurance tests, 4hr Nurburgring for example. But it can be done, as long as you don't tune blindly with the tuning advise you get from this and other sites.
(It looks to me that most tuners setup their cars for time attack, not for endurance.)
The Alfa 8C Competizione can also be used to beat the GTI, however for endurance races the Competizione can be more challenging to setup that the first two I mentioned. I need to perfect it's tuning before I can say the last word.
 
If they're maxed out, yes. However, when those cars are built to be at roghly the same weight and power as the GT1, it'll probably still win due to superior downforce.

Guess I'll buy and tune a Ford GT and see how it goes.

Ford GT: 7:12.544

Better acceleration and top speed, but its cornering speed is severly limited by the lack of downforce on the front.

Not a normal Ford GT, but the PD tuned version
 
Back