An error occurred during the install operation (80029564)

• Thread starter Lyonel
  • 6 comments
South Africa
South Africa
Hi guys. I need some help here as I'm at my wits end with this. I have GT6 on PS3 and due to job constraints etc I only get to play it every so often. So I haven't played it for a while but wanted to do so yesterday. As I enter the game it gives me a message that it needs to be updated to 1.22 and when I hit the OK, it proceeds to download update 1 of 21 at 1255MB. After it's downloaded the file it starts with the installation but it only gets to 14% and then stops with the following message: An error occurred during the install operation (80029564). When I go back into the game menu, the file reflects as a corrupted file.

I have spent probably around 6 hours yesterday and another two hours this morning trying every suggestion I could find on the net to fix this problem. Everything from restoring the default settings, restoring the file system, rebuilding the database, removing corrupt files, removing GT6 game data, removing GT6 saved data - everything for every user. Even tried creating a new user with new PSN registration with a different email address. Everything I could find about the error I've tried and nothing's resolved the problem.

My internet connection is a stable 10MBPS ADSL Uncapped line - has to be cause my work is dependant on it. I searched for a solution to download the update to my pc and then update it via the USB port. There's solutions of a PS3 proxy but the files related to it doesn't exist anymore. The posts were back in 2014 to 2015. So what do I do now?

Please, if you have any other suggestions to fix this, please help me.

Regards
Lyonel

I would also suggest using an Ethernet cable to connect to your internet. Made a world of difference last time I had to re-load the game. Good luck!👍

I would also suggest using an Ethernet cable to connect to your internet. Made a world of difference last time I had to re-load the game. Good luck!👍
Hi. Thanks for the suggestions. So the problem is that I don't even get to do the installation on the 1st download. As it finishes the download of 1/21 and starts the installation thereof and only gets to 14% then stops with the error. So I'm not even getting to doing one installation at a time. I'm also using an ethernet cable as opposed to wireless. Out of frustration I reformatted the system overnight, so this morning it's as if it's a brand new PS3. I retried the update and still no change. It does exactly the same. This is so frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's the installation to the console that fails, not the installation into the game itself?
Hi Draggon. Yes. The download starts and then the installation to the console. So the idea is to stop it as soon as the 2nd download starts and then enter the game so one can do the in-game installation, but we're not even getting to that. As soon is the 1st download is done, it only gets to 14% of the console installation and then stops with that error. The file then lies either in the game data folder or in the list under the game menu but it's corrupted. In most cases the info reflects its size as 0 but throughout yesterday, the most I've seen is 455mb. So I delete the file and try again. I've now even tried it after I've signed out of PSN and still the same issue. Isn't there a place where one can download this update to a usb and then do the update through the console's usb port?

So finally broke through with installation 1/21. When I had a look to see if there's progress it was already busy downloading 4/21. So I stopped the download after the console installation of #4. Then tried the in-game installation as per the guidelines, but that didn't provide the option, so not sure if there's been a change. I'm now going on with the rest of the 17 updates and will see how it goes.

Back