An F1 Track is Coming to Call of Duty (Yes, Really)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 24 comments
I get that it's an arcade shooter series, but isn't this off piste for a Modern Warfare title having the cars racing during a firefight?

I got the feeling that the MW titles were meant to at least have the aesthetic quality of being really quite realistic. I really enjoyed MW when it launched, it really felt quite grounded.

It is a neat idea, but I just think having F1 cars whizzing about during what I'm guessing is meant to be a military operation kinda scenario on this map is a bit whacky.

Actually, come to think of it -- one of the reboot Hitman games did this with an E-prix race and it was really neat. It worked as a concept too because the whole idea was that the assassination was occurring without anyone knowing.

I get that it's an arcade shooter series, but isn't this off piste for a Modern Warfare title having the cars racing during a firefight?

I got the feeling that the MW titles were meant to at least have the aesthetic quality of being really quite realistic. I really enjoyed MW when it launched, it really felt quite grounded.

It is a neat idea, but I just think having F1 cars whizzing about during what I'm guessing is meant to be a military operation kinda scenario on this map is a bit whacky.

Actually, come to think of it -- one of the reboot Hitman games did this with an E-prix race and it was really neat. It worked as a concept too because the whole idea was that the assassination was occurring without anyone knowing.
Faux LMP's in the Hitman Miami level, which also featured the utterly daft flamingo disguise (and a rather surreal mission exit).

Last edited:

We learned from Saudi that F1 is fine running through missile strikes, so what's a bit of gunfire?

We learned from Saudi that F1 is fine running through missile strikes, so what's a bit of gunfire?
Ahh, excellent. I didn't put that in the article because I was a little so-so on how tasteful it would be (having already referenced No Russian). But I was sure someone would make the joke, and it took four posts :D

Last edited:
I would be more interested if it was a part of a big DMZ or Warzone 2 map, 6vs6 arena shooters are played out.

Also, just in case anyone's confused...

This is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, releasing in 2022. Despite having a number of the same characters, it's unrelated to Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 from 2009, or Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 from 2020, which was a remaster of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 from 2009, but is a sequel to Call of Duty Modern Warfare from 2019 - itself unrelated to Call of Duty Modern Warfare from 2007 or Call of Duty Modern Warfare from 2017, although it's also a reboot of Call of Duty Modern Warfare from 2007.

Activision Blizzard's SEO guys must have all taken early retirement.

It will be interesting to see how a different game engine handles a race circuit in terms of detail, atmosphere and lighting I think. When you go to a real racing circuit, there is always lots of stuff going on all around the track and paddock but I can't think of any sim title that has integrated that into any part of a racing game. I know this CoD thing is a bit daft, but it might make some developers out there think a bit about adding fresh ideas into a racing sim.
For instance if you are racing in a support series, you don't start from a pit garage you start from a tent in the paddock and then assemble in a waiting area before making it to the start line, but I can't think of any title that has ever simulated this aspect of a race.
GT7 is one of the few titles that has people just wandering around the perimeter of the circuit, which I always thought was a nice touch.

It's kinda dumb but as a map for a fast paced shooter, it actually looks like a good time. The only thing I dislike is the cars on the circuit at the same time, it kills whatever level of realism they've clearly been trying to go for in this and MW2019.

We got a Multi 21, a Multi 21. I repeat we got a Multi 21, a Multi 21?!!

Damn not again, alright everyone let’s lock n load. Remember to check those corners!!!!

When was multiplayer ever about realism?
I got the impression the multiplayer in MW 2019 was quite realistic from a scenario point of view. There was that Picadilly map, where a terror attack has just taken place. There are police cars and tape cordoning off the entire site. Then a bunch of rather samey bombed-out Eastern European and Middle Eastern maps.

Actually, they were nearly all referencing points from the Single Player, so maybe a story mission in the new game will take place during an F1 weekend!

Last edited:

I imagine its simulating a surprise attack during an F1 race probably have to wait and see the campaign the multiplayer maps in these games are usually sections of the campaign map modified for pvp

Last edited:
Also, just in case anyone's confused...

This is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, releasing in 2022. Despite having a number of the same characters, it's unrelated to Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 from 2009, or Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 from 2020, which was a remaster of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 from 2009, but is a sequel to Call of Duty Modern Warfare from 2019 - itself unrelated to Call of Duty Modern Warfare from 2007 or Call of Duty Modern Warfare from 2017, although it's also a reboot of Call of Duty Modern Warfare from 2007.

Activision Blizzard's SEO guys must have all taken early retirement.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-10-13-33-16-80.png
    Screenshot_2022-08-10-13-33-16-80.png
    319.1 KB · Views: 19
All posts by Call of Duty media has deleted anything related to this map and some are speculating that this map is not going to be in the game.

I mean honestly in Black Ops 2 they had a train station at Los Angeles running with trains that could run you over during an active firefight, same with carnivals that had rides operating and trams moving. It’s not that crazy for a CoD map to have F1 cars whizzing by.

Back