An idea for the penalty system.

• Thread starter Duppy Gee
  • 39 comments
They could scale down Iracing's off track (17) and contact system. Since race durations are lower than Iracing, just scale down its rate and see what happens.

The problem is that on the whole, the clean drivers are the only ones that care about SR, and most of the ones that care about DR. The dirty drivers tend to only care about individual race results, so giving them a DR reset just rewards then with easy wins.

The best way to balance this would be with accurate in-race penalties, but that's not happening anytime soon. The other option would be matchmaking by DR only, but with power reductions for lower SR, say 5% reduction for every SR level below S, or 1% for every 5 SR below 99. If this was paired with shared blame, and possibly harsher SR drops, it would be annoying at first for clean racers, but would soon shake out with dirty drivers being rendered uncompetitive because of their dirty driving.

Would turning on damage so high that it kills their race add to the problem or make it worse? I know that innocent drivers could be eliminated from a race because of the poor driving of others but it would be more realistic. Could there be a form of peer pressure system developed? Probably not.

They could scale down Iracing's off track (17) and contact system. Since race durations are lower than Iracing, just scale down its rate and see what happens.
Honestly they should just scrap time penalties since they clearly can't get it right and go to a symmetrical system based on incident points per km driven, that way there's no going from SR C to S in three races like you can today.

Yes it sucks to get incident points for someone else hitting you but at least you'd know they're getting them too.

You can not make a bad driver a better driver by making more Penalties !

The only thing I would like to see is a daily race for Wheels and pedals Only once a month to start. I believe that If you invest a sizable amount in a Wheel and Pedal Set to drive PD’s so called “RACING SIMULATOR “ you have drivers looking for a better driving experience not a pinball game. People who have wheels and pedals have a lot more skin in the game and should at least have their own daily race.

The only thing I would like to see is a daily race for Wheels and pedals Only once a month to start. I believe that If you invest a sizable amount in a Wheel and Pedal Set to drive PD’s so called “RACING SIMULATOR “ you have drivers looking for a better driving experience not a pinball game. People who have wheels and pedals have a lot more skin in the game and should at least have their own daily race.

Are you suggesting all pad players are bad drivers?? Pretty sure a few pad players have made it to the world finals. Just because you use a wheel doesn’t mean you take the game any more serious than a pad play does.

That's a hell of a contentious post you've made there.

Thinking about it though, @ROCKET JOE wouldn't be able to thrash my wheel times with his pad any more... Where do I sign?:sly:

To anyone who plays Assetto Corsa Competizione: which safety system is better, GT Sport's or ACC's?

I'm racing with a pad and according to statistics I'm still faster than 97-98% of everyone else racing in Sport Mode, the percentage improves on my alt account. I personally think Polyphony have done an excellent job at balancing pad and wheel, within physical limits (a wheel will always give you more confidence and range of motion than a small stick). You can go even further with motion steering which is basically a cheap wheel. Therefore I don't see any reason to deny people from racing on pad. If you actually wanted a race with clutch and H-shifter allowed since these are banned from the mode because they give an advantage (I think it's stupid, by the way), then I would agree with you

Last edited:
Congrats on your stats high 90% you doing great I tip my hat to you.

PD Is advertising GTS as A “Real Simulator “ I don’t think you can buy ,rent or build a car you can drive or race by plugging in your DS4 controller. . All I am saying I would like to see one race in the daily’s for wheel and pedals Only . We have Restrictions in every race. Maybe there is not enough drivers for“ The Wheel Only Race” but we will not know If not offered.

Lots of creative thinking, good ideas.

Reading over the post on the system ideas for player voting - and all the variables you guys brought up, what if....

It’s nothing related to SR. Maybe something tracks it, maybe it affects something else, maybe nothing.

-You have contact which merits a player vote.
-After vote, in the Sport menu before you join your next race (or whenever really). It pops up.
-Contains replay that was voted on + anonymous vote tally.
-And you... I don’t know, have to watch the clip.

I think having comments attached would be to negative, but maybe, polls on various reason it was a penalty, or something else.

Too empty for people to take the time to vote? Food for thought 8)

Lots of creative thinking, good ideas.

Reading over the post on the system ideas for player voting - and all the variables you guys brought up, what if....

It’s nothing related to SR. Maybe something tracks it, maybe it affects something else, maybe nothing.

-You have contact which merits a player vote.
-After vote, in the Sport menu before you join your next race (or whenever really). It pops up.
-Contains replay that was voted on + anonymous vote tally.
-And you... I don’t know, have to watch the clip.

I think having comments attached would be to negative, but maybe, polls on various reason it was a penalty, or something else.

Too empty for people to take the time to vote? Food for thought 8)

let’s stay in Real Ville, racing is all about beating your competition I don’t think I would want to be Driving thinking about my vote. let PD buy the expert’s so we can have some fun thinking we are driving a real race car.

Back