An NFT/Crypto/Blockchain Console has been unveiled, and it's as bad as you just imagined.

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 29 comments

Scaff

United Kingdom
He/Him
ScaffUK
Stop the world I want to get off!

In a move that stunningly manages to make the likes of EA and Activision look like well balanced companies not out to shill you for every penny you own, a Cryptocurrenty/NFT/Blockchain games console has been unveiled.

It makes grand, yet somehow vague, claims about it capabilities, has a controller that is a straight up lift of the PS4's, and has a grand total of zero games.

Who wants to get ripped off buying into this hot mess, count me out for one.

It's hard to pick a favourite bit of nonsense from the associated white paper, but lets have a look.

What will happen if the problem is not solved? Without a sufficient solution, the Web3 space will not grow.
That's not a problem to be solved it deserves to fail.

We strive to be the pioneer for Web3 like Microsoft was for earlier iterations of the web.
Good luck with that!!

Last edited:
All it needs is someone who could sell it, someone who pumps dogecoin like the heart pumping blood in their veins.

Madbox is better.

This exchange on Twitter says everything I need to know.

Attachments

• what games though.png
    what games though.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 24
They are solving a problem that does not need to be solved. There is no value for this game system so I expect it to be bought and hawked by Crypto Bros who will then sink with the ship (shame there will not be a band to heroically play for them).

So let me get this straight they are making a console for games that don't exist yet. And when said games are created in different blockchains they will provide the devs for said games the sdk to make it compatible with their console. Sounds like a great business plan if you're planning on scamming people. No price for it no games for it. No thank you please

kjb
So let me get this straight they are making a console for games that don't exist yet. And when said games are created in different blockchains they will provide the devs for said games the sdk to make it compatible with their console. Sounds like a great business plan if you're planning on scamming people. No price for it no games for it. No thank you please
Sounds like every other web3 or crypto scheme that will totally succeed and totally turn us all into ultrazillionnaires. /sarc

It's pretty funny though. It's so nakedly incompetent I can't not laugh at it.

Well, for a start you lost me at the title of the thread, I have absolutely no idea what any of this gibberish means and also the name reminds me of Polonium, not a great look to be honest🤔

kjb
Some blockchain games do exist, they are appalling nonsense, however this proposal doesn't even link them to a single platform. That required the SDK they haven't built yet.

This sounds like something Motorsport Games would do... 🤔

Non existent games on a non existent console. What could possibly go wrong? 😂

I was going to write a GTP article on this, but every single part of it screams "scam".

I mean "Web3" alone pretty much yells it, then all the NFT stuff (one of the "games" is BAYC), but claiming it has TouchID (an Apple proprietary tech that is absolutely not available to anyone else), and stating stuff like "we've not built one yet and there's no specs, but it'll be high spec and you'll build it".

Scammy scammy scammy scam, and it'll never happen.

I was going to write a GTP article on this, but every single part of it screams "scam".

I mean "Web3" alone pretty much yells it, then all the NFT stuff (one of the "games" is BAYC), but claiming it has TouchID (an Apple proprietary tech that is absolutely not available to anyone else), and stating stuff like "we've not built one yet and there's no specs, but it'll be high spec and you'll build it".

On top of that, one of the games, HighStreet, is a clear rip-off of Crayta. They might as well try a kickstarter so only their "friends" will buy in on it.

This kind of reminds me of the KFC console that had no games officially announced for it or a release date and as far as I know will never be made. Like the console that can hold chicken, it is pointless and most likely just a publicity stunt.

This kind of reminds me of the KFC console that had no games officially announced for it or a release date and as far as I know will never be made. Like the console that can hold chicken, it is pointless and most likely just a publicity stunt.
Wasn't KFC console just april fools joke?

Isn't cryptocurrency & NFTs in a currently rough space right now? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the console maker is after, but sounds like a poor time to announce a device around those things.

I wonder if the console will be always on so they can mine with it when not "playing games".

monty python spam GIF

Oh, you said scam not spam... 🤔

Back