Annoying Wind Noise

• Thread starter Vorath
  • 12 comments
United States
United States
Hey so loving GT7 w PSVR2!!! I’m not sure what this noise is when I am racing but it almost sounds like wind and I would really, really like to turn it off. Only happens when I am racing.

Plz help!!!

It’s not like I’m driving a convertible. It’s louder than my engine, tires everything. I don’t understand

What Deni323 says. Did 140mph on the autobahn and it blew my mind how loud the wind and road noise was at that speed. It's easy to forget the speeds you're doing in game and how that translates to speed in the real world

What Deni323 says. Did 140mph on the autobahn and it blew my mind how loud the wind and road noise was at that speed. It's easy to forget the speeds you're doing in game and how that translates to speed in the real world
There are cars that I wouldnt want to drive above 100km/h, not because of safety or engine noise, but ... ;)

Hey so loving GT7 w PSVR2!!! I’m not sure what this noise is when I am racing but it almost sounds like wind and I would really, really like to turn it off. Only happens when I am racing.

Plz help!!!
I've had sound glitches in race C this week but only occasionally when it's raining and it goes away after a few seconds. I wonder if you're getting the same, hopefully it's fixed in the next update.

Plz help!!!
It's the air resistance passing over the car & yes in some cars it can be quite loud.
Something you should expect when in a race car, especially when doing over 100 mph.

Not sure, but try going into your sound settings and adjust the engine & tire sounds to start. Then adjust all the other sounds. I'll bet
you can find a happy medium.

I once took a trip on a 2007 base model Ford Fiesta. No AC, with the windows open just enough to recirculate the air. Even at regular highway speeds, around 120 km/h it is deafning loud. I can only imagine what is like to do 200+ km/h on a racetrack with a race car with no sound deadening. So as it was mentioned before, the wind noise is probably accurate.

Plz help!!!
I´m at work and dont remember exactly but i think in the sound options you can tunne the sound lvl for diferent things like engine,gears,tyres and so on.

I suggest you to lower gear noise, increase tyre noise so you hear when tyres are on grip limit and see if you can lower wind noise.

Wind and tire noise.

It's why I use ear plugs on my motorbike and when I do track driving. It is surprising just how loud it is decibel wise IRL

I've had sound glitches in race C this week but only occasionally when it's raining and it goes away after a few seconds. I wonder if you're getting the same, hopefully it's fixed in the next update.

Plz help!!!
is there ANY way to get rid of the wind noise?
Is there ANY way to get rid of the wind noise in all cars?

Last edited:
Easy to tell if it's wind - get in the slipstream of another car, then pull out. The wind noise will get slightly louder.

One of the first things I noticed when I bought a 3D headset for 1.31. :)

Back