Annoying!! :|

  • Thread starter Thread starter alcaeus
  • 37 comments
  • 1,941 views
there's one single thing that annoys me in the game and that's the kamikaze driving style of the AI - i am yet to see a situation where the AI has good chances to ram you and it refrains. Nurb in the schwarzwald B league is a clear example of that.

otherwise i find the 5sec penalties too mild, except for when the AI slams you from the side and you get the penalty. but that has more to do with my original gripe than the penalty per say. i'm all for harsher penalties.
 
Qualifying: how come the AI just trundle round? They should be trying their little hearts out! How can you come up with a just competitive set-up if you don't know how fast the AI will be???:confused:
 
the tyre wear thing isnt that bad, ive only had one race (the seattle track)where i was trying to make up 30 secs on the last lap, they went yellow/orange (rears)
i guess a supercharged cien with 930hb will do that.
 
alcaeus
Turbo Cars- I was in a manufacture race only and I had souped-up this car as much as I could, but first place was still like, 2x as fast. It was the same car as me, I checked after the race. I didn't spin out or screw up, he was just WAY faster. I had nos and I still couldn't catch up to him.
DunQ
Are you talking about the Opel Speedster race? If so, this is a very difficult race (possibly due to a bug). Stick a wing on the car and keep trying.
alcaeus
yes it was the opel speedster race O.o
If you start with a non-Turbo Speedster, the car's base weight is lighter. You can do it comfortably for 200 A-spec points with the following setup:

R3 tires
Turbo 3
Chip
Race I/E
3x clutch / race FW
Race Brakes
Race Suspension
Lightweight 3

No need for downforce, and since the car is light MR, no need for LSD, either. I won by margins of 0.8xx" at Suzuka up to 6.xxx" at Autumn Ring; most were in the 2-3" range.
*drags self back on-topic*
I found this series to be a lot of fun, mostly because the field is very evenly matched and there is no real rabbit car (though one car is somewhat faster, he's not dominant).
 
Not only is the appearance of 'rabbit' cars annoying, but I find it ever so dissapointing at the amount 'tortoise-like' misfits. The worst case I can think of is the poor S2000 Race Car. Peak power @ 11000 RPM? Get your eyes checked P.D.

Speedster Cup, definatley the 'closest' race in the game.

FormulaGT
 
To get pole position, you can leave your car at the default settings, put nitrous to 100%, use the softest tyres you can get two or three laps out of, like soft on the back and qualifying on the front. Your first lap is just to familiarise yourself with the track and build up momentum going through the start line for those tracks on which you don't get a running start, as standing starts significantly decrease your lap time. Get as fast a speed through the start line as you can, using nitrous on the run up, then race as fast as you can through the track, using nitrous at all times you can safely do so, especially to power through corners. You should get to first place easily this way. As soon as you see yourself in first place, exit the practice session.

As far as getting owned by other cars when your car has a stage 4 turbine, the track is probably too stop and start for a stage 4 and the turbo lag might be cutting down your time on each deceleration/acceleration. You should use a stage 1 or 2 turbine or stage 3 normally aspirated tuning in these situations. You can also make the gear ratios close for those stop start tracks where you don't need a high top speed. It's good to do some experiments with gearing so you can find out what optimum ratio you can use so that you just peak at your top speed on the longest straight on the track.
 
I don't think it is a question for most on how to get Pole Position, but rather the fact that you don't even have an option to practice/qualify for most of the races in GT4, only the championship events. This relegates you to the back of the field, and in short races, and running starts ends up encouraging/forcing you to use better performing cars than the AI opponents which is unfortunate and less challenging.
 
Back