Another GT4 preview demo (disc 2)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ronnn
  • 44 comments
  • 4,253 views
Messages
214
Just read from a HK newspaper, the AGS (Asia Game Show) will offer a new GT4 preview disc 2, this time they will include HK track and B-spec mode. May be they will include some other tracks. But honestly, I have no interest about this demo anymore, since the real game will out in around 2 weeks. :)

But just to let you guys know Sony has a new demo disc out AGAIN!!!!! :ouch:
 
He's talking about the japan release date.. he lives in japan
 
3LeMeN7
Why won't they release a demo to the US!!!!!!! :grumpy:
Seriously. Japan's gotten, what 18,000 seperate GT4 demos, while North America has gotten exactly 1? What kind of crap is that?
 
Sven
Seriously. Japan's gotten, what 18,000 seperate GT4 demos, while North America has gotten exactly 1? What kind of crap is that?
SCEA at their best of course :lol:
 
Sorry, i haven't played it. But i think it's basically the same as the first demo, but with different courses.
But i got the GT4 Demo (disc 1) original, not BT version.
 
Hounest to god.........why all the demos??? And even then WHY do they goto the country that gets GT4 BEFORE everyone else????? WTF GIVE N/A THE DEMOS!!!! OR RELEASE THE GAME!!!
!@#$@$# #%(#&%#(*%#)*%🤬:mad::banghead:
 
Damn I wish I was in HK this Xmas, then I can go to the game show too :)
Here's the official site of the game show if anyone's curious...
http://www.asiagameshow.com/

And that clear cd case with the GT cover reminds me of those copied games in HK that used to come the cd cases instead of the little plastic sleeves :D lol

EDIT: After looking at the site, it seems like they're having the GT4 competition again 👍. If I remember correctly, they had a competition last year with the Hong Kong track right? I forgot if the competition was from AGS or another show, but I remember watching a clip of the winning lap :)

A poster/ad of the competition (from the site)
http://www.asiagameshow.com/common/ags/ags-216.jpg
 
Sven
Seriously. Japan's gotten, what 18,000 seperate GT4 demos, while North America has gotten exactly 1? What kind of crap is that?

Oh boo hoo! You're the first to get the full game outside of Japan. PAL Versions are usually at least 1 month behind.
 
U.S. didn't get the Prologue, none of the demos except the Toyota's as far as I know. The Toyota one was so limited in quantity, I don't know of a single person who has it, I couldn't get it. Very frustrating!
 
HA! That's awesome...

I think what they should do is make like 4 different ones and print them in limited quantities and send them out randomly.... *GOTTA' CATCH'EM ALL!!! [insert crazyface]
 
a6m5
U.S. didn't get the Prologue, none of the demos except the Toyota's as far as I know. The Toyota one was so limited in quantity, I don't know of a single person who has it, I couldn't get it. Very frustrating!

the US not getting prologue is actually a blessing in disguise, prologue's control sucked, it wasn't that much different from GT3, the latest builds of GT4 however, are entirely different, the cars drive a lot more like they should.
 
SaintKamus
the US not getting prologue is actually a blessing in disguise, prologue's control sucked, it wasn't that much different from GT3, the latest builds of GT4 however, are entirely different, the cars drive a lot more like they should.

No doubt Prolouge's control sucked, either with a DFP or a DS2, but it was hardly like GT3's. It always felt like I was just a split second late with the controls like their was a lag between the controller and the game, plus the 900* steering was very rough and needed ALOT of work, not to mention the horrible force feedback that cut in and out at will.

GT3's control, even with the DFP is great, even if it feels arcadey.

The GT4 Japan demo is light years ahead of Prolouge in every area. I played prolouge a bit this weekend to compare again and it is a huge leap from Prolouge to the Japan demo, HUGE!

I am excited to see this new demo has the b-spec in it. Though I will admit enough of the friggin' demos already, just release the damn game!

I'll be checking for torrents on this on this week!
 
I am currently downloading this file in emule named "Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC-Japanese-Tokio Show Copy).rar" and its 2.86gb.
I have all the demos including the new Japanese Demo (Disc 1) but is this one something else? (Probably Tokyo Show Disc?)
 
For people wondering about a possible download for this at the end of the week, I guarantee it'll be distributed through BT by someone in HK because they love BT ;) lol

And why does everyone keep complaining about Sony releasing another regional demo instead of releasing the whole game? They already set an official date for the Asian GT4... so it wouldn't matter if this demo was released or not, it's still coming out on Dec. 28. This is just a demo for the gameshow and to create more hype for the game since it's just about 3 weeks away.
 
Ronnn
Just read from a HK newspaper, the AGS (Asia Game Show) will offer a new GT4 preview disc 2, this time they will include HK track and B-spec mode. May be they will include some other tracks. But honestly, I have no interest about this demo anymore, since the real game will out in around 2 weeks. :)

But just to let you guys know Sony has a new demo disc out AGAIN!!!!! :ouch:


Did they mention if the demo discs were in limited numbers or are they gonna give em to anyone within 50-feet of the GT4 stand? There goes my lunch-break plans for Friday...
 
a6m5
U.S. didn't get the Prologue, none of the demos except the Toyota's as far as I know. The Toyota one was so limited in quantity, I don't know of a single person who has it, I couldn't get it. Very frustrating!

I got one. I don't think you missed a lot...
 
JasonX
I got one. I don't think you missed a lot...

That's what I'm hearing in this thread. Still, Prologue would been nice to try out.....
 
It's totally useless for people who lives in asia
btw .... I am going to HK this xmas
so I will get my GT4 right on time ... haha
but too bad I cannot catch their competition and the show
the winner get a Daihatsu ... not bad thou ~
 
I'm still not sure If I will buy the Japanese version when it is released (I'll almost bet there will be one more delay) or wait for the pal version, I ended up with both versions of Prologue but in the Japanese version you couldn't use the analogue stick AND worst of all was the wheel lock up bug plus the pal version looks nicer just because it's in pal. So I'm not sure if I want to risk my 100 bucks or not :D?.

ewitspaul, I saw this also and wondered if it's the E3 demo with the 300?? or so cars
 
While Prolouge isnt a good buy for what it is now, 9 months ago people desperatly wanted it since no offocial release date had been made public and that it was the latest known GT4 thing that was playable under the then "new" physics system. PAL users demanded that SCEE release it, and it happened. Alot has changed back then along with other demo's that have completely changed how we thought GT4's physics system and graphics engine would perform. The one good thing about prolouge is that you can carry over your progress to GT4. PAL and JAPAN/NTSC users have that bit of an advantage over the US/NTSC market. That alone is worth something.
 
Back