Any Aussies here with gt5 prologe that want to race?

• Thread starter paopee
  • 53 comments
Hi guys,

Im just guessing most people on this forum are from US and Europe. Not sure how online works but i just finnished downloading the patch but then had to go to work. Unsure if u can play buddies on ur friend list but either way i dont know anyone who has gt5: pro or even have downloaded the patch so anyone out there let me know

psn: paopee2007

should i be making a jpn account to play people as well? does this help?

theres a few of us if you look around. think i have about 5-6 aussies on my psn from these forums.

you cant invite friends into races yet. im sure it will happen though later on.

oh thats a shame?

so ur an aussie? how is it playing with other people from around the world online? laggy? does it help to be playin a japanese psn account?

no point in using your jpn account it doesnt make a difference. i use my au one and it works just fine. if you look to the left of this writing it shows where people are from if they have put it in. so thats best way to spot aussies out.

no lag really while playing. but i've got adsl2 so that might help a bit.

you can add me to ur psn: standinside
ive already added j-pap ^^
im not good but getting better these days, i think i need to get wheels to be really good.

thinking of chaning my psn id: like 2fast2furious
lol so ppl can read it online. :yuck:

Hi guys, I`ve just ordered my copy of GT5P from play-asia and now waiting for it to arrive,which takes 5-10 days they say but probably longer given the time of year. But i`ll be up for getting together for a race once i have it.
PSN id is Phillshz(or at least it should be :sly:)

Gday fellas im from Brisbane, already have j-pap as a friend (however im yet to come across you in any races yet mate :( ).
Guys feel free to add me to your friends and we might see each other on the track.

Iv`e noticed there is virtually no vids of the game on youtube,if there is any it`s of the integra on daytona. Hopefully some will start to show up. I want to see & hear the corvette and mustang at full noise :dopey:

ok so i got back home last night
and i tried to play online
i got the new icons at the start up menu with online and ranking

but when i try to enter it
it starts saying some stuff in japanese and at the last line of the sentence is directs me to the official japanese website eg "www.gt.com/jp"

after that is just puts me back in to the menu :(

anyone else get this? i know i updated the thing but now im guessin its no connecting for some reason

oh yea im from NSW/Bankstown hahah

I've found that playing from OZ the game doesn't have much lag... Been able to win a few races, however the competitors are rubbish!

I especially love the take out the leader at the last chichane at suzuka special move! =)

Hey guys BroncosXR8 again, im going to add you guys to my friends list to try and get a few aussie names up so i can recognise you in races if we come across each other.
(plus i dont have many friends... im so lonely. online that is lol :) )
And premhz the mustang sounds pretty good, but honestly the corvette sucks ass for a V8 especially a 7L one.

I think the Corvette sounds pretty good, The Z06's LS7 engine is not a typical rumbley V8 engine in the first place, it likes to rev (which is partly how it produces its 505hp), hence it doesnt have that lazy rumble/burble typical V8 sound like the Mustang.

I've found that playing from OZ the game doesn't have much lag... Been able to win a few races, however the competitors are rubbish!

I especially love the take out the leader at the last chichane at suzuka special move! =)

thanks for letting us know. won't be adding you then...

Hey guys BroncosXR8 again, im going to add you guys to my friends list to try and get a few aussie names up so i can recognise you in races if we come across each other.
(plus i dont have many friends... im so lonely. online that is lol :) )
And premhz the mustang sounds pretty good, but honestly the corvette sucks ass for a V8 especially a 7L one.

Oh ok then thanks for that! Yeah the gen 3 & 4 chevs sound rather unusual for a V8,due to their firing order and the noise regs they have to get past.
With the right headers & mufflers they can sound very tough like the old V8`s do.

Can you give me a opinion on how the stang and vette are....power,brakes,handling,would you buy one or go for something else. I hear the vette is actually really good. Is Anyone able to put up some vids of them in action??

the vette is good in a straight line. but on tracks like daytona you need to wipe off too much speed to make the turn (at least compared to the audi r8). i personally avoid them but thats mostly because i'm not a fan of muscle cars.

Can you give me a opinion on how the stang and vette are....power,brakes,handling,would you buy one or go for something else. I hear the vette is actually really good. Is Anyone able to put up some vids of them in action??

A monster......

Great car, very fun, had a ball with it at Eiger (Professional, no aids, S2's) and pulled great lap times considering the course is not so suited for a car like that. I even did a better lap time than the F430 on that track with same settings although I didn't try all that hard for top lap times.

A monster......

Great car, very fun, had a ball with it at Eiger (Professional, no aids, S2's) and pulled great lap times considering the course is not so suited for a car like that. I even did a better lap time than the F430 on that track with same settings although I didn't try all that hard for top lap times.

Cool thanks for that! I`ve found some vids of the vette & stang on youtube. It took a little while for them to show up but both cockpit & exterior view clips are on it. The M3 sounds pretty strong too :drool:

The vette sounds like a gen 3/4 but much meatier & doesn`t it it have some grunt,the speedo needle just winds around the gauge :bowdown:

hey has anyone bought the demo from that link on the homepage ? .. im thinking of just buying or is it better to download using the JP account method

The vette sounds like a gen 3/4 but much meatier & doesn`t it it have some grunt,the speedo needle just winds around the gauge :bowdown:

Yeah, I love 'clocking' the vettes speedo on Daytona, one of my favorite cars in GT5P.

hey has anyone bought the demo from that link on the homepage ? .. im thinking of just buying or is it better to download using the JP account method

Play-asia? yeah, lots of us has. I ordered two copys at two different times and got them pronto when promised, with GT stickers sets (not sure if you can still get the stickers)

Unless you have a credit card number registered to a Japanese address then you'll need a PSN network card (Japanese version of course). The game is 4500 yen to download so you'll need a 5000 yen card (costs 71.79 AUD).
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zu-49-en-70-26si.html

You can buy the game on Blu-Ray for 56.95AUD with free shipping. But if you want it quick then I'd probably opt for UPS or Fedex shipping. Plus you be able to track your order online.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-15-Gran+Turismo+5+Prologue-70-2bns.html

By the end of March I'll have my PS3 and GT5P, so I'll definitely go up against anyone who is interested. And, prepare to lose. :)

MGR
Unless you have a credit card number registered to a Japanese address then you'll need a PSN network card (Japanese version of course). The game is 4500 yen to download so you'll need a 5000 yen card (costs 71.79 AUD).
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zu-49-en-70-26si.html

You can buy the game on Blu-Ray for 56.95AUD with free shipping. But if you want it quick then I'd probably opt for UPS or Fedex shipping. Plus you be able to track your order online.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-15-Gran+Turismo+5+Prologue-70-2bns.html

I`m getting my copy from play-asia aswell. But the total including basic shipping was either $61 or $63 i cant`remember now. I didn`t see the one you mentioned. It will still be cheaper than when the pal version arrives in march...prob at least $70 i`m guessing,anyone elsoe what to take a guess at it`s price??
How long did it take to arrive,the site says 5-10 days & i bought it on the 27th of december??

Back