Any Aussies here with gt5 prologe that want to race?

• Thread starter paopee
  • 53 comments
I`m getting my copy from play-asia aswell. But the total including basic shipping was either $61 or $63 i cant`remember now. I didn`t see the one you mentioned. It will still be cheaper than when the pal version arrives in march...prob at least $70 i`m guessing,anyone elsoe what to take a guess at it`s price??
How long did it take to arrive,the site says 5-10 days & i bought it on the 27th of december??

Perhaps the game didn't 'qualify' for free shipping at the time you ordered? The exchange rate my have varied slightly too.

I'd actually say Prologue will probably be around $49.95 AUD when it finally arrives. Seeing as there is still no firm date set I stone I couldn't wait and imported the Japanese copy. I'll still by the Australian version when (if :indiff:) it is released.

I'm not sure show long normal shipping takes but given the fact Hong Kong is geographically quite close to Australia (compared to the USA/UK) I'd imagine it's not too bad. I used Fedex for my copy, which left on Tuesday and arrived on my desk on Thursday :)

I weighed up the options of waiting for the PAL version,buying it from ebay,or get the Japanese version. Ebay is to expensive. Getting the Japanese version seemed the best way...there are translation pages here on GTPlanet for the menus. I seriously don`t think it takes 4 months to change the font to english and then distrubute it. Even if it cost`s only $50au,i think $10 more to cut out 4 months of waiting time in the end is worth it 👍

I weighed up the options of waiting for the PAL version,buying it from ebay,or get the Japanese version. Ebay is to expensive. Getting the Japanese version seemed the best way...there are translation pages here on GTPlanet for the menus. I seriously don`t think it takes 4 months to change the font to english and then distrubute it. Even if it cost`s only $50au,i think $10 more to cut out 4 months of waiting time in the end is worth it 👍

I would be aware, there is a warning on the main GT5P page not to use the term 'Japanese'.

There's still some fundamental online bugs that need to be ironed out before the game is released in other territories too. Even still, IMO the money spent on the Japanese version is totally worth it. That said, I'd probably wouldn't buy the full Japanese version of GT5, but wait for the local release.

MGR
I'd probably wouldn't buy the full Japanese version of GT5, but wait for the local release.

Exactly the same for me, I will hold out on the full GT5 (most likely :P ).

one kiwi (new zealand) here aswell,

psn name is: cocktail-frank

3mpbs connection and it is very laggy, opponent's cars jump heaps of frames very jerky.

So what then, they modelled the Corvette completely wrong, in real life they are one of the toughest sounding cars and way better handling than most in the world, brakes are huge too. As soon as I get a router I'll be on PSN, I'm from QLD, not too far from Brisbane. I'll also be waiting for blu-ray in Oz which is coming out............

MGR
There's still some fundamental online bugs that need to be ironed out before the game is released in other territories too. Even still, IMO the money spent on the Japanese version is totally worth it. That said, I'd probably wouldn't buy the full Japanese version of GT5, but wait for the local release.

Yeah i`m planning on waiting for the full PAL version of GT5 when it finally arrives.

So what then, they modelled the Corvette completely wrong, in real life they are one of the toughest sounding cars and way better handling than most in the world, brakes are huge too. As soon as I get a router I'll be on PSN, I'm from QLD, not too far from Brisbane. I'll also be waiting for blu-ray in Oz which is coming out............

Well no not really. PD would have it pretty spot in all aspect`s. Hence it goes like a scared cat with a fire cracker tied to it`s tail,and from what i`ve seen & heard, it handle`s very well & is quicker in the right hands than a F430 :nervous:. It just sounds like a gen 3/4 and they don`t set the world on fire in the audio department,especially a 505HP 7.0L V8 one. Hopefully the different exhaust options will do it some justice 💡

The Corvette does sound nasty (In a good way) just not like the typical old school V8 sound, you have to remember this is a 7.0L engine producing 505HP while revving over 7000rpm, these engine don't sound real rumbley especially stock, it sure does roar/scream still though. To me the sounds do reflect the LS7 quite well to me.

As for handling..... It also handles great in GT5P, what made you think it doesn't? Only problem with it is containing those 505 ponies on tight twisty tracks like Eiger.

I did a great online race with it vs a Z06 with myself in a Nissan GTR (R35) on Fuji, was a great battle and the Z06 had me on the straight after my better exit speed, then I still kept up in the draft but if it were a side by side rolling start the Z06 would have it on the straight. Z06 brakes are great, but in cornering you just can't step on the throttle so quick like the GTR so its exit speed is lower.

It holds it's own against the F430, GTR, 599, beats the R8...... What were you expecting?

*EDIT*
BTW Infact it sounds exactly like this

Yep Viper, thats pretty much what they sound like(gen 4 that is) Very similar to a VE V8,but this is just angrier. They all do get that top end shreik/scream though,sounds like a sowing machine thats been way overpowered...just part of it`s characterisic`s i guess.

Great little vid & holy crap... how fast does that speedo wind :scared:

Nice vid Viper, now I don't suppose you are able to upload a vid from GT5 Prologue for a direct comparison. Man I can't wait to start playing the full version of GT5 when it gets released, as well as get a router to get connected to PSN.

Oh well, guess I shall have to wait (something I've been doing lots of lately) Once I get a PSN username I shall come here and let everyone know, it will probably be "nd 4 holden spd" but that doesn't change the fact I must get it.(MORE WAITING!)

and if you have an old TV make sure it supports the region and the HZ of the game....found that out the hard way at a mates place lmao.

Hey all, on the Gold Coast here, Harvey Norman have G25's for $300 at Bundall so I'm still learning how to drive with the simulated clutch and the odd H Shifter, my PSN is Draith and I'm looking forward to racing you :)

Hi dbarrade, if you've read up above I don't have it yet, but when I do I look forward to racing other Queenslanders. I'm about 40mins drive from Brisbane. Do you go to the Brisbane Motorshow? It's only a month away, I can't wait.

Hey all, on the Gold Coast here, Harvey Norman have G25's for $300 at Bundall so I'm still learning how to drive with the simulated clutch and the odd H Shifter, my PSN is Draith and I'm looking forward to racing you :)

Thats a really good price! I shopped around for mine and the best brice anyone would give is $400,admittantly they were all asking $500. Then i bought one from ebay $280 delivered 👍

My copy of GT5P arrived yesterday afternoon,started out with integra,upgraded to `vette after a few hrs. It`s quick,but a handful with standard controller,it just lights up the tyres and spit`s you off the road :-)

Back