Any 'Chuck' fans on GTP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tezster
  • 18 comments
  • 1,841 views
Messages
782
Canada
Canada
Messages
tezster
I'm sure I'm not the only one that caught the very obvious Thrustmaster T500 RS product placement shot in the Buymore store in this past Monday's episode :dopey:
 
Last edited:
You were not alone my friend :D
 
I watch Chuck too ;) and like it.
 
How strange, I noticed a DFP sitting on a box of another generic-looking wheel in the Buymore, but must have missed the T500RS placement. :odd:
 
In response to the thread title:

YES. I have watched all four seasons religiously and even wrote a paper on the evolution of Captain Awesome. So yeah, you could say I'm a fan.

How strange, I noticed a DFP sitting on a box of another generic-looking wheel in the Buymore, but must have missed the T500RS placement. :odd:

Same. I could swear that's a DFP.
 
Big fan of chuck, but I haven't seen any of series 4 yet.
 
Love this series. This always make me wanna watch another episode...and it makes me laugh every time. One of the best series out there!
 
I'm a fan of Chuck... Norris.

chuck_norris_01.jpg


Seriously though, i'm not really a fan of the show Chuck.
 
I used to like CHUCK when it first came out, but the series really started to suffer from meandering plot lines that usually left important points unexplained, particularly in the second season when Fulcrum was destroyed; it was never explicitly stated that they were gone - instead, they were replaced by The Ring. Lately the series has also descended into the ridiculous.
 
I used to like CHUCK when it first came out, but the series really started to suffer from meandering plot lines that usually left important points unexplained, particularly in the second season when Fulcrum was destroyed; it was never explicitly stated that they were gone - instead, they were replaced by The Ring. Lately the series has also descended into the ridiculous.

It's just gotten to sappy and departed significantly from the original premise. Even though I like the original Chuck better, I do appreciate the character development. All of the characters have changed so much since the pilot, and the actors have done a great job portraying those changes.
 
Eh. I just think the original premise had a lot of potential, and they squandered it with cartoonish, over-the-top stories and too much relationship drama (but it is by the creator of THE OC). And minor characters like Jeff and Lester get too much screen time too often, a dead giveaway that the writers don't have enough content for the 'A'-plot.

Still, it's got Marcus Hamilton, Sarah Connor and James Bond in it. And it did have River Tam for a while, too.
 
But all these minor things your saying just make it more awesome. In my opinion, it all works if you're an average couch potato, who is a casual watcher.
 
On May 13th 2011, NBC renewed "Chuck" for a fifth and final season consisting of 13 episodes.

Looking forward to that! And the last episode from season 4 as well.
 
But all these minor things your saying just make it more awesome.
Minor things?

These are not minor things. They're the fundamentals of writing. The characters often do whatever the episode requires them to do, rather than stay in character. It's sloppy writing (though in retrospect, I should have expected nothing less from the creators of "The OC"), which is made all the more unfortunate because "Chuck" had a lot of potential. The second half of the third season - after Brandon Routh fell into the River Seine - really shows how good it could have been. That story arc was intended as the entire third season, but it was stripped down to half a season and became really good. Compare that to the end of the second season and the beginning of the third and the way FULCRUM vanishes without explanation and gets replaced by The Ring, who are basically exactly the same organisation, but whom we are frequently told (rather than shown, and the first rule of writing is that it is always better to show rather than to tell) are bigger and badder. The writers weren't as incompetent as those on "Alias", but it was fairly obvious that they were just killing time with mid-season episodes to fill in a bit of time until the final run of episodes. Which is a shame, because they wasted the talent of Adam Baldwin, Timothy Dalton, Scott Bakula, etc. in the process.
 
Chuck is great, but i don't think there's going to be a season 5
 
With the CIA agent as the main 'bad' guy possibly?
 
Chuck is awesome. Why it's on Sky Living i'll never know.
 
Back