Any cyclists around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Marin County
Did a search and didn't see any long running bicycle-related threads so I thought I'd start one. If anyone out there cycles, what do you ride and where do you ride?

I have two bikes which I use primarily for commuting, though I'm looking to do some casual events in the near future.

1. Giant Roam - This is a kind of Subaru Outback of a bike. Mostly geared towards road but has some off road capability. Has a limited travel front fork and an overbuilt aluminum frame. I use this bike for the short version of my commute where I bike 4 miles to the ferry and take that into San Francisco. It's a 35lbs bike with all the commuting gear on it, so it's not very enjoyable to take on rides with lots of climbing. I've had it about a year and a half. I really like as it feels tough as nails and it's a very smooth ride due to the wider tires and front suspension. Well suited for both dirt trails and city pavement.

2. Cannondale CAAD12 105 - I've just picked this bike up and I'm in love with it. If the Giant is a Subaru Outback, this bike is a Lotus Exige. So light for an aluminum bike at just under 18lbs (~8.1kg) and boy is it fast. I bought this primarily to do my full commute (22 miles each way) as well as pursuing group rides and other kind of events. I've been itching to do a century ride lately, and I think this is the bike I will do it on.

Being in Northern California and specifically Marin county is a great place to ride. You just have to avoid the tourists and occasional superbike yahoos. Anyways, who else is out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back