Any great covers out there?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter eliseracer
  • 178 comments
  • 12,431 views
Leah Wood - Papa Was a Rollin' Stone (The Temptations)
 
I really like the Barenaked Ladies' cover of Gin & Juice... are there any more country-like covers of gangsta rap songs?
 
I really like the Barenaked Ladies' cover of Gin & Juice... are there any more country-like covers of gangsta rap songs?

Dynamite Hack's "Boyz N The Hood". It's not exactly country, but it's acoustic. It works quite well actually. :lol:

Who do you want re doing one of my favorite '90s songs?

---

Bijork doing Rob Zombie's "Living Dead Girl"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deicide_(band)

Deicide. (misspelled the name earlier. oooops.)

A Death metal band. (because they are REAL shiny happy people......holding hands.)
 
Van Halen - Grand Serenade for an Awful Lot of Guitars and Percussion
R.E.M. - Take 5
 
Vendetta Red doing The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again.
I can only imagine the lead singer doing Roger Daltrey's scream at the end of the song.

WAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deicide_(band)

Deicide. (misspelled the name earlier. oooops.)

A Death metal band. (because they are REAL shiny happy people......holding hands.)

Ah, I get it now.

Problem is, I'd hunt whoever mistreats that song down and beat them with a tube sock filled with oranges until I am able to drink the juice...
 
any cover is good as long as it's not this one:

 
As far as good, real covers go, Nevermore did an awesome cover of The Sound of Silence. (Simon & Garfunkel) Also, Strapping Young Lad did a great Room 429. (Cop Shoot Cop)

Let's not forget all of Blind Guardians classic covers.

Now, if I wanted something that would really crack me up...

Immortal covering The Final Countdown. With a video to accompany it.
 
Two of my favorite covers...

Limp Bizkit - Behind Blue Eyes (The Who) 👍
Incubus - Paint it Black (The Stones) 👍

Reading the posts I had a freaky vision of Marylin Manson doing Barbie Girl! :scared:
 
That sounds like Richard Cheese... he covers metal, rap, pop and rock in a Swing/Lounge style... kinda funny, but gets old quickly.

You're right, it was! It's on YouTube as well. Love it when he gets to the chorus. I listened to about five or six of them and you're right again.... it gets old pretty fast...

@ Jay: With you on the Behind Blue Eyes cover. One of the better ones. Marilyn Manson doing Barbie girl....:lol:

While talking about good covers, I've heard The Tea Party cover Hallelujah. I think it was originally a Leonard Cohen song. They did a good job, once at least. Unfortunately I've only ever heard them do it live, and they don't always seem to do it well.


Oooh wait, that's given me an idea: How about Tanita Tikaram (sp?) doing Barbie Girl?
 
Oooh wait, that's given me an idea: How about Tanita Tikaram (sp?) doing Barbie Girl?

Shane MacGowan and Nick Cave doing a cover of 'Barbie Girl' FTW!
 
You're right, it was! It's on YouTube as well. Love it when he gets to the chorus. I listened to about five or six of them and you're right again.... it gets old pretty fast...

On that note, there's a band called Ten Masked Men, who do death metal covers of pop songs. Including Barbie Girl, Livin' La Vida Loca, Sledgehammer, Beat It, Gangsta's Paradise, Smooth Operator and others.

Here's their myspace
 
On a slightly related note, A Tribute To Abba, done by various heavy metal bands, is a fairly interesting album.
 
Interesting :scared: Although, Black Sabbath liked ABBA so much, theyeven incorporated the band's name into their own as a tribute...
 
Maybe the New York Philharmonic covering, "Welcome to the Jungle".

More to come.
 
Sorry to gravedig, but didn't think this deserved a new thread.

 
Muse - Cant take my eyes off you

 
I was about to put that in here yesterday! It's a excellent cover, one of my favourite Muse B-Sides actually. And surely Feeling Good counts as another cover they've done? Not sure if it's already been put in the thread though:

 
Well, here's a list of my 10 favourite cover songs.

  1. Reel Big Fish - Take On Me (originally performed by A-Ha)
  2. Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons (originally performed by Nena)
  3. Big D and the Kids Table - Little Bitch (originally performed by The Specials)
  4. Millencolin - 9 to 5 (originally performed by Dolly Parton)
  5. Mad Caddies - Riding for a Fall (originally performed by Delroy Wilson)
  6. The Living End - Rip It Up (originally performed by Bill Haley & His Comets)
  7. Dropkick Murphys - The Green Fields of France (originally performed by Eric Bogle)
  8. Velvet Revolver - Bodies (originally performed by Sex Pistols)
  9. Less Than Jake - Grease Lightning (originally performed by "Kenickie and Burger Palace Boys")
  10. Attaboy Skip - Ghostbusters (originally performed by Ray Parker, Jr.)
 
Rodrigo Y Gabriela do some awesome covers, playing some Metal greats in their own style.





 
Virtually anything by Hayseed Dixie.





All the best cover songs have a healthy dose of irony in them.
 
The Gaslight Anthem - I do no hook up

Yes, a kelly clarkson song, but It's a ridiculously awesome cover.

 
Nightwish - Phantom Of The Opera ;)
KoRn - Another Brick In The Wall (well...the music is half decent...the vocals are horrible)

I agree with the music being great but so are the vocals. They aren't that bad. :)

Some funny ones:
The Devil Went Down to Jamaica-Weird Al Yankovic(Parody of the devil went down to georgia)
Elmo's got a Gun-Weird Al Yankovic(parody of Aerosmith's-Janie's got a Gun)
 
Megadeth - I Ain't Superstitious (originally by Willie Dixon)
Steve Ouimette - Devil Went Down To Georgia (originally by The Charlie Daniels Band)
 
Back