Any mixed racing leagues going on?

• Thread starter brad259
  • 20 comments
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Reflex_x_Pure
Hi I've been playing a lot of iracing and gt5 and been drawing my self to the mclaren. So I'm just wondering anyone know a Great league to join can be mixed or single class

We've tried forming different leagues several times here, but none of them ever last too long it seems..

We've tried forming different leagues several times here, but none of them ever last too long it seems..

I could never understand that Mac. Jav had a great setup for a league, he had like 50 guys signed up, 5-9 guys would show up each race. (lol) actually I was more pissed about it. After that I signed up once more and never raced another league again.

All the guys saying, oh ya, sign me up, ya, me too. Seriously? all the banter and no one could be bothered. pissed again

One day we'll get a good mix of guys to race with. :)

I'd love a leauge to race what because I'm a Dlicence nearly C should get promoted by Friday :) can I race in the World Cup race?

I could never understand that Mac. Jav had a great setup for a league, he had like 50 guys signed up, 5-9 guys would show up each race. (lol) actually I was more pissed about it. After that I signed up once more and never raced another league again.

All the guys saying, oh ya, sign me up, ya, me too. Seriously? all the banter and no one could be bothered. pissed again

One day we'll get a good mix of guys to race with. :)

Yeah i tried that first league he made, it looked for sure we would have plenty of guys if even half the field showed but... eh. Thats why i suggested we just have casual events on the weekend and not try a league so much, but i dunno how much of a crowd we would get. Seems everyone is in, but like you said when race day comes we hear crickets.

That sucks cause i was looking for a leauge to race the mclaren with too. It's a blast to drive. I'm still a road rookie cause i cant drive the miata to save my life, so a league is the only way i will ever get to race the better road cars.

Yeah I think a Mclaren only league would be a blast. Its not bad racing it in fixed class but I think a league with it by itself would be fun. Ive been wanting to start a league for the longest time as I ran one for a couple years on PS3 before getting into iracing but just haven't sat down and done it. What would be the interest from people here in a Mclaren only league? I know its not enough of us here really as every GTP only league has mostly failed so I would defiantly advertise on the iracing forums and set it all up on my old league forum that's still up and probably get a website instead of trying to do it through a post here.

I would be interested depending on what time it ran. Between work and everything i dont have a whole lot of time to play but i'd try to make as many races as i could.

I would be very interested as long it isn't on a Sunday night I've got my f1 league then. I brought the mclaren and interlagos and WOW it's amazing. and it's uk friendly timezone as well then ill defo race

I could never understand that Mac. Jav had a great setup for a league, he had like 50 guys signed up, 5-9 guys would show up each race.

5-9 people showing up is pretty good in my experience. You can't honestly expect more than 15 people to turn up? Even if this was something highly popular like Call of Duty or WoW or something its a feat to organise a private meet-up of so many people.

I'm surprised if Leagues were abandoned if you were getting 5-9 people to turn up, thats definitely enough to keep going! I've ran championships/leagues in the past where only 3 people turned up to race and kept them going.

I think the problem with iRacing is that most of us like it due to its pick-up-and-play style where you can find a race at any time of day, any day of the week. So most of us probably don't have a regular pattern of when we play.

I know for me I generally tend to race at weekends, but thats only when I'm not busy. I don't think I could commit to something on a regular basis and would prefer an active League that allowed one-timers to race.
I think you'd probably find participation can fluctuate for this reason alone, but its not something that should prevent a League for being organised. Just requires some serious time and patience from the organiser!

Personally I'd point the finger at the organisors themselves perhaps sometimes being over-ambitious or lacking the time to actually successfully organise a league. It isn't easy. The only times I've done it were back when I was at uni when I had bags of time and no pressure to be doing other things and even then it was somewhat of a chore to run. After a few months I'd had enough as it had started to dictate other things I was doing.

Yeah I think a Mclaren only league would be a blast.

I think if we gave that a try near "Fall" it might work. During Spring & Summer I don't know if we would get a lot of members, at least on this side of the planet. I don't hardly touch my rig all Summer. However once we get to -35C or better :nervous:

Some people only have time to in the summer, it's give and take.

There were four things that made Jav's Caddy cup successful.
1) there was only one car to choose from so the forum members weren't divided into classes.
2) day and time was tailored to reach the majority of forum members (1800-2000 GMT on saturday or sunday)
3) seasonal placement seemed to work out for a lot of people
4) FREE! the car and 4 of the 6 tracks were rookie content

Thanks for the replies and opinions everyone. There isn't going to be a perfect setup to where everyone can make all the races. That's just the way it is. If I do decide to start up this league and it's a big if because like Ardius said it takes a lot of time and commitment to run a successful league.

I ran a SBK bike league for a couple of years on PS3 before getting into iracing and it did pretty well considering the circumstances of about everyone being in different time zones around the world. I've raced in a couple leagues since joining iracing and raced in one of them for over a year, The RCRL. It was a oval league running the top 3 oval series, trucks, nationwide and cup. We had great turn outs with having anywhere from 20+ people and right before I stopped racing we had to actually have a cutoff of 30 people cause it got to be full rooms of nearly 43 people. With that being said what Ive always noticed in every league Ive ever been in or ran myself is that only half the people show up that have signed up. Yes we had 30 people racing every week, but at the same time we had around 80 people signed up.

Back to the possible Mclaren league. If I were to start this up I would try and start racing on week 3 of the next season since we are in week 12 now. That gives me some time to re setup my forum for it and to get some people to join. I would more than likely follow either the Grand am schedule or the GT challenge schedule for next season for a 10 week championship to start. I think following the official series is one of the best ways to get people in because people already running those series will have the tracks and also there will be plenty of practice for everyone with the official practices and also setup help on the forums for that week. That's one of the things that the rcrl league did was follow the official schedules and that seem the work the best. When they tried their own schedule the participation wasn't nearly as good. Im not really trying to do a lot of the free tracks as this just invites a bunch of rookies. No offense to anyone here but those league never seem to work out cause the amount of people wanting to run on mostly free tracks is small in comparison to people that would rather run on other tracks or off a official schedule. Honestly the day and time would be more geared toward east coast time. I would most likely race during a week nite probably wednesday night at 9 pm eastern time. I just can't do weekends during the real race season as I go and help out a friend at the local oval tracks. Also lot of my friends that would want to join race on the weekends as well or either out doing stuff. I agree that normally I race more during the winter months.

I appreciate the comments and suggestions from you guys and I don't mean this in a bad way or to offend anyone, but Im not going to setup it up solely based on what people here want to race. There just isn't enough people here to have a good turnout as its been tried before. If I do this league it will be setup on my forum and I would just put up a post here with the rules and such to try and get as many of you guys than can make it to race and also advertise on the iracing forums. I'm open to any more suggestions and Ill keep everyone here posted.

I would be very interested as long it isn't on a Sunday night I've got my f1 league then. I brought the mclaren and interlagos and WOW it's amazing. and it's uk friendly timezone as well then ill defo race

Brad, get theeself to the offical iRacing UK&I forums, we're starting a UK&I only McLaren series next season on Tuesday nights.

We've previously had Radical races on Tuesdays, and had 20-40 people most weeks.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3184924.page

Back