Any news on any new patch update imminent

• Thread starter Fizzy1979
  • 22 comments
Sure hope the next one addresses the start bug (Choosing "Rolling Start", getting standing start instead and vice versa). Great game so far from what little time I spent, just slightly annoyed by this issue.

I can't think of very much I would specifically ask for beyond more fixes for the cars that still don't drive well with a controller, a fix for the photomode features that got broken (was that 2.0 or 3.0?), and further refinement of the AI. And custom offline championships, obviously, but that isn't happening.

I had that issue for the first time (That i know of) last night where in an online lobby your car behaves completely differently to what it has done previously (Some say this is your car experiencing invisible weather effects that other players don't. Some say it is a network lag issue). All I know is my car was all over the place and the host did make comment that the room was experiencing lots of racing incidents that we don't normally get because we are a clean group. He went off to reset his router and open a new room and I called it a night.

A long ramble but I'm hoping this gets fixed. It's a killer and I think it has affected a lot of races i have been involved in but not me directly until last night.

I had that issue for the first time (That i know of) last night where in an online lobby your car behaves completely differently to what it has done previously (Some say this is your car experiencing invisible weather effects that other players don't. Some say it is a network lag issue). All I know is my car was all over the place and the host did make comment that the room was experiencing lots of racing incidents that we don't normally get because we are a clean group. He went off to reset his router and open a new room and I called it a night.

A long ramble but I'm hoping this gets fixed. It's a killer and I think it has affected a lot of races i have been involved in but not me directly until last night.

I quit a league because this was happening way too often - 5 races from 8 in fact. The only pattern I've been able to find is that I've never seen the host have this issue. So it could be lag or processing delay for peers, but behaves like the car has less grip or a plain handling issue similar to having the wrong setup loaded from a different car.

It's a fundamental problem that would be very hard to test and fix because of the inconsistency of it.

I just want the Photomode to work again. It was working perfectly when the last update came, but something happened and lots of functions are broken. In addition, when I press X to take a photo, the game crashes.

All I really want more than anything is for the Chase camera to be fixed. There is virtually no sense of speed with the default settings and if you increase the FOV, the screen cuts off the rear of the car.

It was great in the Shift games and the first Project CARS, I can't fathom why SMS screwed it up so much in this game.

I just want the clutch, sound of the game and the A.I. crashing into at start to be fixed...If i can get those 3 things done, Im good!

I quit a league because this was happening way too often - 5 races from 8 in fact. The only pattern I've been able to find is that I've never seen the host have this issue. So it could be lag or processing delay for peers, but behaves like the car has less grip or a plain handling issue similar to having the wrong setup loaded from a different car.

It's a fundamental problem that would be very hard to test and fix because of the inconsistency of it.
You can't blame the Dev for someone's terrible internet.

I want to see photo mode work better. A focus button like GT 5-6 had would help, plus all present features working correctly..

Just hope to see the penalty and track limits to be improved.

The FFB on Trusthmaster T150 improved (was getting worse after each update)

The livetrack on-line sincro bug fixed, because now online it's useless

Online stability improvements and the lag when one enters the track improved

You can't blame the Dev for someone's terrible internet.
I don't believe it is someone's terrible internet that is the issue. I race with a guy with terrible internet and his car lags all over the track so bad it makes you motion sick. Yet that doesn't mean he experiences the weird change in handling. Conversely I have a very good internet connection and I am not immune.

Hope they patch in the ability for the LMP900 class to not crash at the start of almost every single race. I'd say that's the worst offending class I've come across.

Oh and after they crash you can sometimes have confused cars driving round in circles where they crashed for the rest of the race. Makes coming round to start another lap quite interesting though.

Going back to the original question, this from the official forum on timescale for the next patch:
I kind of thought patches would be quarterly just like the DLC unless it is a hotfix, probably saving money with the consoles side of things tying it in with DLC's

Back