Any plans for a racing sim?

Mr_Bungle83
HaHaHa as if JESUS no WAY
I love the way gran Turismo handles and love the game it's wonderful, I was wondering if you would ever consider developing a thoroughbred racing sim with the focus being more on the actual racing and less on the cars. Not instead of gran Turismo aswell as gran turismo. Of course there are Already such games but I thing yourself and PD could create the best simulator of all time.

I love the way gran Turismo handles and love the game it's wonderful, I was wondering if you would ever consider developing a thoroughbred racing sim with the focus being more on the actual racing and less on the cars. Not instead of gran Turismo aswell as gran turismo. Of course there are Already such games but I thing yourself and PD could create the best simulator of all time.
I would think a "thoroughbred racing sim" would focus more on the "actual racing and less on the cars"...because it would be focused on the horses.:D

I'm all for this, but really, I'm hot to see this as a new mode in Gran Turismo, my much lobbied for GT Pro Mode, which includes Race Mod and a Livery Editor. Either way, a GT Pro game or a mode in the GT series, I'm all for it.

Still, love to see this in the series itself than as a separate game.

PD could release the ultimate NASCAR game. I have bought three different NASCAR games and they are all junk. Gran Turismo is the best game for car handling. If they made a dedicated NASCAR game they would sweep the market. They already have the game engine. Just need to add all the cars and tracks. They could even offer it as a stand alone game or DLC that you would have to pay for to add the content to GT6.

It would be awesome if they could make separated discipline games, like a WRC game, F1, Nascar, Super GT, Touring and so on. They would have a huge potential for this, games with less content and more focused on simulation and quality.
Probably never gonna happen due to licensing and stuff though.

I don't know.... At least as far as licensing goes.

ANYTHING is possible. Mind, however, that probable is a little tougher.....

It has been asked for years that we get focused sections for the game. Like the thread for Tourist Trophy. If PD wanted to blow us away, they would give us a section in game for EVERY racing series.

It's possible. Let's see if Kaz thinks it's probable.

I'm all for this, but really, I'm hot to see this as a new mode in Gran Turismo, my much lobbied for GT Pro Mode, which includes Race Mod and a Livery Editor. Either way, a GT Pro game or a mode in the GT series, I'm all for it.

Still, love to see this in the series itself than as a separate game.
I also like your idea, the difference for me is eliminating the grinds completely and focusing on career progression and online races with competitive but different cars that don't need to be unlocked but can be raced purely because you purchased the game.

I literally only race one make when online as I have found that there the closest battles but would love some series racing and extra realism, damage.

Again not bashing GT, but a PD Sim would have me seriously excited.

It would be awesome if they could make separated discipline games, like a WRC game, F1, Nascar, Super GT, Touring and so on. They would have a huge potential for this, games with less content and more focused on simulation and quality.
Probably never gonna happen due to licensing and stuff though.

It's more due to PD's small size and refusal to expand/grow in man power. GT is a beast that has grown beyond their abilities. They need to amass more talent and visionaries to develop the different aspects of the essences, cultures, and nuances in the many varying disciplines of professional racing.

From Drag to GT, WRC to NASCAR, F1 to D1, Touring and Kart, and even street*, there is so much that PD can do with Gran Turismo. They just need to "man up", divide and conquer.

It's more due to PD's small size and refusal to expand/grow in man power. GT is a beast that has grown beyond their abilities. They need to amass more talent and visionaries to develop the different aspects of the essences, cultures, and nuances in the many varying disciplines of professional racing.

From Drag to GT, WRC to NASCAR, F1 to D1, Touring and Kart, and even street*, there is so much that PD can do with Gran Turismo. They just need to "man up", divide and conquer.
Preach my brother... Truth!

I would love to see a street racing game. Preferably based in Japan on the Loop, you know those Kanjo Racers.. A game can be based on that lifestyle/culture, it has a long history.

Also look for my thread "D1GP & D1SL?" need some votes.. Thanks

This I like,
Expansion on the basic GT idea for multiple individual games that are all linked back to a GT "core" platform.
GT-Touring, basically exiting GT as we have it
GT-F1 Championship
GT-WRC + Rallycross
GT-D1
GT-Street Racing (NFS Clone.?, incorporate drag, drift, open-world)

This I like,
Expansion on the basic GT idea for multiple individual games that are all linked back to a GT "core" platform.
GT-Touring, basically exiting GT as we have it
GT-F1 Championship
GT-WRC + Rallycross
GT-D1
GT-Street Racing (NFS Clone.?, incorporate drag, drift, open-world)
Great idea. Each game takes the appropriate cars from this game so we have less cars in each game. Less tracks of course because rally cars don't race on tarmac very often and Touring and F1 don't race on dirt. Each game is separate of course so instead of $70 it's $350 for the lot.
Yup, GT fans would absolutely love this!! You realize most people around here object to paying pocket change for new cars and tracks right?

Each game is separate of course so instead of $70 it's $350 for the lot.
Yup, GT fans would absolutely love this!! You realize most people around here object to paying pocket change for new cars and tracks right?

Well currently you need to buy GT6, F1, Dirt, NFS, etc to get the functionality.

It was suggested with respect of the comment quoted about PD needing to Expand, then divide and conquer.

Imagine playing your favourite "road car" driving game, then switching to your F1 game and all the menu's, controls, etc are all layed out in the same place.

Edit:
Great idea. Each game takes the appropriate cars from this game so we have less cars in each game. Less tracks of course because rally cars don't race on tarmac very often and Touring and F1 don't race on dirt. Each game is separate of course so instead of $70 it's $350 for the lot.

To everyone who supported my post, thank you. However, I was not talking about separate games, but instead all of it being included in one.

The way I see it, there would be multiple career paths set up the way you see the Seasonal Events setup. It would take all the cars in-game and actually put them to use.

It would require multiple "Kaz's" heading each racing genre as an individual racing project within Gran Turismo.

The current Kaz will lead the GT3 spec, and we'd need some pro racers from each of the other racing leagues to help stylize and accentuate them and recreate them in-game authentically.

::Sorry for the broken reply, I'm kind of preoccupied::

Last edited:
To everyone who supported my post, thank you. However, I was not talking about separate games, but instead all of it being included in one.

The way I see it, there would be multiple career paths set up the way you see the Seasonal event setup

I never thought of it being multiple games.

The one genre I see as being stand alone/separate, is also the one with the most potential to outsell the main GT franchise.

GTSR or GTW: Gran Turismo Street Racing or Gran Turismo World.

An open world street racing game with multiple varying locals from city, country, desert, highway, coastal, mountain side, forest, valley ways, mega bridges, tunnels, and off - roading. All with varying levels of optional traffic, and courses with obstacles, divided lanes, and alternate routes.

With GT's physics and your typical "The racing depicted in this game is illegal and dangerous... Drive safe and keep it on the track" warning found in all street racing games. Drag, Drift, Touge, Kaido, Gymkhana, instant challenges, highway battles, point to point, rally cross, and some tracks with cross sections and jumps would all need to be included.

This game would label GT7, GT8, GT9, etc obsolete, null, and void for many a GT fan and would likely stand in direct competition with the GT series itself.

I would love to see a street racing game. Preferably based in Japan on the Loop, you know those Kanjo Racers.. A game can be based on that lifestyle/culture, it has a long history.

Also look for my thread "D1GP & D1SL?" need some votes.. Thanks

Sounds like a next-gen 'Tokyo Xtreme Racer' to me! Also, found and liked your thread.

Last edited:
The one genre I see as being stand alone/separate, is also the one with the most potential to outsell the main GT franchise.

GTSR or GTW: Gran Turismo Street Racing or Gran Turismo World.

An open world street racing game with multiple varying locals from city, highway, coast, mountain side, forest, valley ways, mega bridges, tunnels, and off - roading. All with varying levels of optional traffic, and courses with obstacles, divided lanes, and alternate routes.

With GT's physics and your typical "The racing depicted in this game is illegal and dangerous... Drive safe and keep it on the track" warning found in all street racing games. Drag, Drift, Touge, Kaido, Gymkhana, instant challenges, highway battles, point to point, rally cross, and some tracks with cross sections and jumps would all need to be included.

This game would label GT7, GT8, GT9, etc obsolete, null, and void for many a GT fan and would likely stand in direct competition with the GT series itself.

Sounds like a next-gen 'Tokyo Xtreme Racer' to me! Also, found and liked your thread.
Kaz has probably been pressured by Sony for 15 years to expand and cover other car game genres but it's fairly self evident he's not interested in expanding outside the Gran Turismo concept. He probably enjoys working with a small, efficient team and doesn't want to lose the family atmosphere, where he knows everyone by first name, knows what they do, and has seen their faces for many years. I don't blame him, I've sort of done the same thing in my own life, albeit on a much smaller scale:lol:

Kaz has probably been pressured by Sony for 15 years to expand and cover other car game genres but it's fairly self evident he's not interested in expanding outside the Gran Turismo concept. He probably enjoys working with a small, efficient team and doesn't want to lose the family atmosphere, where he knows everyone by first name, knows what they do, and has seen their faces for many years. I don't blame him, I've sort of done the same thing in my own life, albeit on a much smaller scale:lol:

There's nothing wrong with not wanting your work tarnished by others. But Kaz could oversee the work being done by every branch underneath him. And if something isn't up to spec/standard, he'd obviously scrap it. But he could also lend assets like Turn 10 did to side projects on a trial basis and see what they come up with. If it's up to snuff, he can green light the project and give them clearance, or red light it and cancel it if it's not. And being an extension of Gran Turismo itself, PD would obviously receive revenue from all sales of any side projects commissioned by him.

Last edited:
02+CTS+GIs+Set+2.jpg

:lol:

Back