Any problems upgrading to windows 10?PC 

• Thread starter VetteZR1
  • 23 comments
United States
Howell Mi
Lionfan58
I'm a few months in and enjoying AC. Keep getting upgrade message (once during a race, ruining it). Has there been any problems after the upgrade? Don't think I need windows 10, windows 8.1 works great, but tired of the constant messages.

Thinking of upgrading to Windows 10 as well, how did you solve the G27 profiler issues? Were they an easy fix?

@Blood*Specter
You must use Logitech Gaming Software Profiler version 5.10.127 dated 06/14/2010
Nothing else will work for G27/25 in Windows 8 or 10.
Look for package named lgs510_X64. Extract to your temp directory. Then run lgs510_X64.exe.
Let me know if you need more help. :cheers:

It seems that Windows has updated the 10 release. Saturday, it took my PC a half hour to complete the update process.

Once that process was completed, Assetto Corsa as I knew it was dead.

The load time are outrageous. And once loaded, the game will not display the track. All I get is the sound.
The view of the pre-practice pit is reduced and all is dark. None of the displayed options can be used.
The cockpit, track and pit crew don't show up. Nothing but sound of cars turning laps.

I tried reinstalling the software. The results are the same. I have to say this is the fault of the Windows 1o update.
I have no idea what to do. Very sad turn of events.

It seems that Windows has updated the 10 release. Saturday, it took my PC a half hour to complete the update process.

Once that process was completed, Assetto Corsa as I knew it was dead.

The load time are outrageous. And once loaded, the game will not display the track. All I get is the sound.
The view of the pre-practice pit is reduced and all is dark. None of the displayed options can be used.
The cockpit, track and pit crew don't show up. Nothing but sound of cars turning laps.

I tried reinstalling the software. The results are the same. I have to say this is the fault of the Windows 1o update.
I have no idea what to do. Very sad turn of events.

I'd recommend starting a thread on the official forums with your logs attached.

IT works well for me too. The games is a bit weird, as it exits and goes back every time you go from the menu to the track (not sure if it's a Win 10 thing). Also, it is capped at 50fps for some odd reason. I can run Pcars maxed at 60fps but not this. Still looks good though.

IT works well for me too. The games is a bit weird, as it exits and goes back every time you go from the menu to the track (not sure if it's a Win 10 thing). Also, it is capped at 50fps for some odd reason. I can run Pcars maxed at 60fps but not this. Still looks good though.

It exits because the AC launcher (main menu, where you select cars/tracks, etc) is a separate application window to the AC game (when you're on track, changing settings, driving, etc). It is weird, but as long as everything works it's no big deal.

I believe you solved the FPS problem in another thread.

Guy's, I reported some issues after receiving a large Windows 10 update two weeks ago.
Ever since I had force feedback and general control issues with my "G27" wheel.

I basically saw the calibration for the G27 just go away. And when I called up the Logitech profiler I saw a completely different wheel and pedal set displayed. And it was not a G29.

To fix this I reloaded my Logitech version 5.10.127 software. This fixes the issue as the G27 us again displayed by the profiler. However, the calibration routine is no longer displayed.

When I checked in my devices, I found the G27. However, there too the calibration display and execution was vastly different to what I've been seeing the past year. The wheel still works. And sometimes the device (G27) disappears.
To bring it back, I simply run the profiler install as mentioned above. I also created a new "Global Profile" and made individual in game settings via profiler for Assetto and Project Cars.

You may want to re-do your wheel calibration inside Assetto Corsa. I found I lost paddle shifter response and pedals when the wheel display changed. Of course I did not notice the change until after the wheel would not properly control my cars inside the game. Again, I still have proper control but only after re-loading profiler software, and running the initial configuration from scratch. FYI.:cheers:

Guy's, I reported some issues after receiving a large Windows 10 update two weeks ago.
Ever since I had force feedback and general control issues with my "G27" wheel.

I basically saw the calibration for the G27 just go away. And when I called up the Logitech profiler I saw a completely different wheel and pedal set displayed. And it was not a G29.

To fix this I reloaded my Logitech version 5.10.127 software. This fixes the issue as the G27 us again displayed by the profiler. However, the calibration routine is no longer displayed.

When I checked in my devices, I found the G27. However, there too the calibration display and execution was vastly different to what I've been seeing the past year. The wheel still works. And sometimes the device (G27) disappears.
To bring it back, I simply run the profiler install as mentioned above. I also created a new "Global Profile" and made individual in game settings via profiler for Assetto and Project Cars.

You may want to re-do your wheel calibration inside Assetto Corsa. I found I lost paddle shifter response and pedals when the wheel display changed. Of course I did not notice the change until after the wheel would not properly control my cars inside the game. Again, I still have proper control but only after re-loading profiler software, and running the initial configuration from scratch. FYI.:cheers:

This may (or may not) help.
https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/G27-Windows-10/td-p/1438454

Back