Any so bad it's good shows?TV 

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 7 comments
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
EelX 5
Has anyone here ever been into a show because you enjoy how bad it is, like the animation/filmography is abysmal in an appealing. The storyline(s) are a bundled mess that makes you want to see how far it goes? The characters are all so awful watching them interact is a weird satisfaction?

Kung Fu Dino Posse has to be one for me that got me interested in these kind of shows. A poor TMNT ripoff with nonsensical plots like talking alligators that never talked until then because "they had nothing to say" and performed Dentistry while on stage. Characters are just the most obvious stereotypes and the best/worst thing about it is the horrid animation that runs at 5 FPS at times constantly off model characters and especially the Pteranadon character. I don't think there's a single scene where there isn't anything wrong with the way he is animated (doesn't help this character with the most complicated design gets the most complicated and loose clothing).

What are some other shows that a good because they are really bad (I know this'll be massively subjective as something so bad its good for one person could just be plain old bad for someone else)

Last edited:
CW's Batwoman

deseteagle.gif

I went rewatching some shows I listed as Guilty Pleasures.

One was a Middle/High School Cartoon called My Life Game, I remember when I labelled I as such, I only found like 3 episodes which overall I think were decent but typically Western Middle/High School settings is something I admittedly enjoy especially in a comedy.

Discovered the rest of the episodes and holy **, I see why people think it's bad and fully agree but I kinda like it now because it's bad. You have 4 main characters but they are all just the worst people with only one of them (Sandra) intentionally designed to be awful so she ends up being the best designed character. The episodes can be watched in any order but if you do watch it in order, Sandra being an * actually looks justified as in Episode 1 she was tricked by the others pretending to be a secret admirer. All this constant awful behaviour from people who are meant to be labelled as friends makes for ironic entertainment for me.

Not even the cool teacher stereotype gets off the hook, he tries to steal a toy car from a little girl :lol:

Last edited:
Oh I remember watching a bad adaptation of a book series that everyone read in primary school. It was called Conspiracy 365 (you might've heard of it) and as a book it was damn good but not all of it translated well to the screen. Major events were either changed or culled completely, the acting was second rate, the writing was mediocre and the editing was average. It was a low budget production but my mum and I couldn't stop watching it. We ended up binge-watching it before binge-watching was even a term. For me, it's the best example of a TV show soo bad it's good.

Watching a card game anime called Vanguard overDress

It's textbook what the stigma people have on card game anime. Way too serious and dramatic for a plot frame quite silly.

Yugioh has hocus pocus magic, and usually Vanguard keeps it to a nice personal ground when it isn't about Alien planets.

But overDress is about an overglorified capture the flag with a group of people burning flags of groups. Which apparently involves methods like lying and exploiting a blind person. Giving up University and your career just to beat someone in a card game and burn their flag, having the burn flag mean the end of the friendship group. Committing arsen right in front of a cop while she just sits there and does nothing.

It's a wild ride how straight they play all this when again, it's about burning flags via a card game :lol:.

Back