Any tips on DS 36? I just can't seem to get gold.

United States
Honolulu, Hawaii
Anyone have any suggestions? I have gotten all good up to this one. It has me stumped. Fastest I can manage is .256 off the gold.

It's the one on the Nurb...the short straight into downhill corners driving the Mercedes SLS AMG. Mastering Downhill Surfaces.

Thanks.

I got gold after a fair amount of trying. For the first braking point, just a light tap will do before turning right. The immediate left requires a hard stomp on the brakes, with some trail braking to make the turn. Release the brakes slowly as you turn left, so the the car is still slowing down, but releasing the brake gradually allows the car to turn. You're still on the brakes as you turn left, but releasing bit by bit so you can still steer.

After that, get back on the gas as soon as possible, making sure you have enough traction. You might be able to give it 80-90% throttle before the straight, squeezing it more, bit by bit. If you slip into oversteer, it's ok, but make sure you catch the slide and modulate the throttle.

The straight section is fairly straightforward. Make sure you follow the cone markers. For the last left corner, hit the brakes at the cone markers, and try to get on the throttle as early as possible, without spinning. This will almost definitely induce oversteer. Then just countersteer and modulate the throttle, hitting max throttle when you have a controlled slide. Then you're at the finish line.

I found that if you're not oversteering a bit in that last corner, you're not going fast enough. BTW, I got gold with a wheel and traction control off. You need that to be able to control your oversteer.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Back