any trip hop or dj fanz in hereMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter waxwizzard
  • 23 comments
  • 832 views
Errr...how about adding more content to your threads?

Anyways, I listen to Chillout/Trip-hop. It makes for great studying music. My collection of this isn't huge but it's mostly just my favourites and a bunch of compilation cds.

My faves:
Thievery Corporation
DJ Shadow
Groove Armada

I also consider the following to be Trip-Hop:
Kid Koala
Dr. Octagon
Gorillaz

The rest of my collection is compilations and such.

Jazz is also a nice alternative to this type of music. It's out of print, but if you can find it, I strongly reccomend the Smithsonian Collection of Jazz. 5 cds of the best jazz throughout history
 
According to Emad, I've got a Trip Hop cd. The Gorillaz.
 
Oh, so those are example of trip hop or dj fanz? So, I guess like DJ Skribble and Qbert?
 
Portishead and Massive Attack are great:tup:
 
I like DJ Shadow and Gorillaz, I also like anything by DJ Premier, Just Blaze, and Young Einstein - DJ wise.
 
Dr Octagon... great stuff.

Blue Flowers! Look it's raining yellow..
 
toyomatt84
Dr Octagon... great stuff.

Blue Flowers! Look it's raining yellow..

My favs are dj skrible, bubba sparx dj(dunno his name(can anyone tell me)) and of coarse massive attack and DJ Shadow. Not until recently was I turned on to dj shadow tho. I was turned on when I was leaving my inturn one day at universal when another inturn was playing his dvd on there computer. How many of you picked up his dvd "In Tune and On Time" I haven't got arround to picking mine up yet but I will, especially after watching the trailer on his website. As soon as I can spring up some extra cash I will be in tower picking up that dvd up.
 
Just a heads up but Thievery Corporation (my favourite djs when it comes to chillout) released a new album just a few days ago. It's not as great as Richest Man in Babylon but it's DAMN frickin good
 
Dr Octagon, DJ Skribble, and Gorillaz are my favorites.👍

toyomatt84
Dr Octagon... great stuff.

Blue Flowers! Look it's raining yellow..

Classic man!👍
 
Trip-Hop:

Massive Attack
DJ Shadow
Sneaker Pimps
U.N.K.L.E
Tricky
Dr. Octagon (Kool Keith)

DJs:

Invisibl Skratch Pixlz
Kid Koala
Peanut Butter Wolf
DJ Babu
Cut Chemist

I absolutely hate Gorillaz. I thought I'd like them, because of Del tha Funkee Homosapien, Kid Koala, and Dan the Automator, but I can't stand them. The Gorillaz aren't Trip-Hop, but they've got a great DJ in Kid Koala.
 
DJ Shadow. and it ends there.
 
It ends there?

You have to experience more music, Johnny 5.

Check out the bands I listed. In alphabetical order. Then try out Thievery Corporation. I've never heard of them, but I'm going to check them out per emad's request.
 
Thievery Corp is cool, I'd recommend it too... I thought most of these were under electronica that's why I haven't mention much. 👍
 
Massive Attack, DJ Shadow, Sneaker Pimps and Portishead are all excellent. Massive Attack's 100th Window is awesome, it gets better every time I listen to it. And DJ Shadow's The Private Press was a sensation when it came out and remains so to this day.

I would also recommend Leftfield, although it may be on the outer fringes of the genre.
 
I like turntablism, but it's difficult to come by here in my country... quite a few DJ's tickle my fancy... DJ Shadow, Executioners, Dilated peoples, DJ Z-Trip, Mr Mixx, DJ Honda, DJ Static (looking for more of his stuff actuially), etc...

Anybody checked out a group called Pharoahs of Funk.. I heard from a source to check them out.... any comments on there skill???
 
No one has mentioned Dirty Vegas yet.. :( I'm apalled although I have to agree with most of you on your selections.

Dj Mark Farina
Dj Icey
Squarepusher (has trip hop tendencys although he's mostly techno)

Are some of my biggest faves not mentioned thus far. I hope you all agree they are worthy of this list.
 
I only refrained from mentioning Dirty Vegas because they're absolutely awful.

Now I remember that I need to check out Thievery Corporation. And Leftfield. And Pharoahs of Funk.
 
yes, go check out Thievery Corporation 👍 👍
 
Klostrophobic
I only refrained from mentioning Dirty Vegas because they're absolutely awful.

Now I remember that I need to check out Thievery Corporation. And Leftfield. And Pharoahs of Funk.

Damn that's too bad that you think that. I guess you haven't heard 'I'm so Crazy' I wasn't a big fan till I heard that song. I think it's awesome.
 
Oh, I'm basing my entire opinion of them on Days Go By.

It's probably not fair for me to do that, but I intensely hate that song.
 
Ooooooh, I can't frickin believe I forgot to mention LTJ Bukem. His music more drum n bass but it still has a trip-hop feel to it.
 
Klostrophobic
Oh, I'm basing my entire opinion of them on Days Go By.

It's probably not fair for me to do that, but I intensely hate that song.

I agree Days go by sucks but I'm going crazy sounds sweet as hell. Lots of drums, cool warped guitar riffs and mesmerizing chanting. Reminds me of Digeridoo by Aphex Twin hehe.. 👍
 
Back