Any X-Bow tips?

• Thread starter Skv012a
  • 9 comments
Can't seem to get it to stick properly no matter what. Seems it just has way too much power and spin no matter what.... And I got the Caterham to stick, which was quite the personal achievement.

Just try the following:
Swap out the rear differential against the adjustable version.
Then adjust the braking sensitivity of the differential to the maximum possible.

Also increase the braking force on the front and set the breaks on the rear to a very small value.

Can't seem to get it to stick properly no matter what. Seems it just has way too much power and spin no matter what.... And I got the Caterham to stick, which was quite the personal achievement.

Same here. It's driving me MAD!!! Pretty messed up because I spent my first 80k on it very early on as I just got the game last night... Probably stupid of me. Seems to just take off at high speed, tap on the break sends it into a spin. Cornering seems to be near impossible right now at any decent speed, even at low speeds it wants to break the back end out.

Depending on the PP you would like to run or how light you want it, add some weight to the front of the car to bring the balance close to 50/50. Racing brakes and run front around 5 if running racing tires or 3 if street tires. Run rear around 0 to 1 for brake level. Set adjustable diff to 7/14/30. You should find this combination very manageable. Depending on the track, controller, and driving style you may find this set up could actually produce a touch too much understeer during corning, particularly during trail braking. This can easily be adjust by slightly backing down the braking adjustment of the diff to low to mid 20's or move some weight balance back to the rear slightly, possibly run a 47% / 53%, front / rear level. Once you get a decent baseline with these two pieces some fine tuning with spring rates, camber, and caster become easy.

I gave the XBow another shot, and I think I got it. This tune works for either XBow, but is was developed on the XBow Street and it works better on that one. I checked and this tune isn't like the other XBow tunes posted so far.

KTM XBow Street '12 (also works on KTM XBow R'12, where the set-up below can be followed the same way, except it will not be 530pp)

530pp on XBow Street (236 HP without oil change)(Body Rigidity Improvement not used)

Stock Sports Hard tires (does well with any tires, it just goes faster with better tires)

Developed with SRF off (does well with SRF on, it just goes faster)

I bought the Race Brakes and Weight Reduction. Stock power.

Suspension

61/ 93

4.08/ 8.52

3/ 3

3/ 3

3/ 3

0/ 0

-.05/ 28

Race Brakes

10/ 2

LSD

6/ 8/ 5

Last edited:

Leave the STOCK suspension and try not to add no more than 10HP over stock. Everything else leave it stock. This car doesn't need more than what it brings out the manufacturer.

The custom LSD is probably the only thing that you need to make it friendlier. Use it with these settings:

40 or more

Leave stock brakes 5/4 with ABS 1 or if you use it with ABS 0 then try 5/3. I don't' recommend racing brakes.

This car is better used with Sport Medium or Sport Soft Tires.

I have no problem with this car. It's a beast and can beat Vettes and Vipers with only 260HP. It also drives beautiful. No nasty surprises and it begs you to go faster after each lap.

Latest Posts

Back