Anybody have crazy taxi?

• Thread starter Magic069
  • 20 comments
Not exactly a racing game, but I am seriously thinking about buying it, just wondering about it....

Couple others too, Driver2, and Grand theft Auto? Should I buy these? Thanks for the help!!! :D

Crazy Taxi is deffinately fun to play.. but gets quite repetative after a while.. I'd recommend renting it though for sure.. Crazy Taxi 2 is more of the same as well..

Driver is a pretty sweet series, I find myself still going back to even Driver 1 and playing the odd time.

and Grand Theft Auto? just wait for the next one to come out.. it's supposed to look pretty much like the Driver series, and you do basically the same things you do in GTA (steal cars, run over people, evade cops, do jobs for mob, and so on)
Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2 are all top-view (quite far above the city), so the graphics aren't really that great.. although the explosions are nice..

If you're into games like Grand Theft Auto, look into the Carmageddon series...

Crazy Taxi just doesn't have enough substance to warrant a purchase.
Driver wasa great, I recommend it to anyone.
Grand theft Auto III is coming soon for the PS2, so I'd wait for that version.

I have Crazy Taxi, it has handling issues. Too arcade, and no inside car view, if I remember correctly.

I had it and took it back 2 days after I bought it. It sucks!!:thumbsdow

You could try and rent it..

I have it, it was a tight game for the first month, then I just stopped playing it. The replay rating isn't the high. My fiend got CT2 and even though there are new drivers, and alot bigger boards, he doesn't play it any more. He stopped playing it about 2 weeks after he got it. The isn't sorry, it just doesn't keep your attention :embarrassed: .

Good call, it's a definite rental. It's the only game in my collection (~14) that I regret buying. I expected they would have changed it more from the arcade. It's fun, but it just doesn't feel right on a console after a few hours.

So I played crazy taxi at the arcade yesterday.... Its a definate rental game... I could see myself getting bored w/ it real fast... My sister even asked me like 3 times, "whats the point of this game?" She just couldn't understand why there was a game about a taxi driver. :D :lol:

do not buy crazy taxi! that game sucks. i spent a well earned $50 on that damn game and there is no depth to it at all! it is just a simple arcade game turned into a ps2 game. i own driver and driver 2 both games are sweet! all the movie scenes are cool. stick with the driver series.......because after a while you would rather watch paint dry than play crazy taxi! :mad:

Originally posted by Magic069
So I played crazy taxi at the arcade yesterday.... Its a definate rental game... I could see myself getting bored w/ it real fast... My sister even asked me like 3 times, "whats the point of this game?" She just couldn't understand why there was a game about a taxi driver. :D :lol:

not a taxi driver, a crazy taxi driver.:D
Still, don't buy it, it's weak.

Well, Crazy Taxi is fun for a day or two but it gets old after a few days. I would not reccomend buying it, there is no point behind the game. Save your $50 and get a good game. No offense to Crazt Taxi, but I jsut don't like it. :embarrassed:

Originally posted by Magic069
Not exactly a racing game, but I am seriously thinking about buying it, just wondering about it....

Couple others too, Driver2, and Grand theft Auto? Should I buy these? Thanks for the help!!! :D
Crazy Taxi is great, but where is the "JUST CRUISE MODE?" tHAT WOULD COMPLETE IT TRY IT OUT!www.lemansspeed.20fr.com

Back