Does every engine upgrade effect the sound differently?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 10 comments
Australia
Australia
In life, a car's sound is affected by every single component. But is this all simulated for GT7?
  • Do any of the different turbo choices have different sounds? What about superchargers
  • Does intake upgrade make sounds louder or change it in any way, less muffled?
  • Headders change or increase sounds?
  • Increasing Bore?
  • What about ultimate upgrades? does this further change the sound or increase sample clarity etc?
  • What if your oil level runs low? Any changes?
What about non-engine upgrades? Do racing slicks versus comfort softs, have different tyre squeal sounds?

How about adding ceramic brakes to a car, or racing brake pads, any changes in sound of the brakes?

Not sure if adding a supercharger will give a car a whine in GT7, in my experience, not found it to work like that.

Last question I have is, which do you prefer the semi-racing or racing exhaust sound? I can't seem to decide which to buy for every car and find myself just buying the racing since, more power, but might be missing out on a better sound.

And does the same engine have a different sound depending on what car you swap it too? It should not,
or:
Scenario 2: A is from 2000, car B is from 2010, they both have the same engine code (to a degree or exactly) but do they sound the same when upgraded? or only sound different with stock exhausts?

Last edited:
  • What about ultimate upgrades? does this further increase sound clarity etc?
A part for locking the playlist to the tune "The final countdown" in repeat, I've not noticed any change on the sound of the cars 😁

I have Noticed that the upgrade parts does change how the cars sounds it Will be different for every car, some are more effected than others, i would say they have done an incrediable Job with it, proably the biggest improvment in gt7 campared to past titles

Exhaust and intake are the only two options that change the sound from what I can hear and the increasing bore increases RPMs I think so it will just rev abit higher though i'm not too sure about that option.

To answer the extra question cars with engine swaps and the exact same upgrades will both sound the same when modified the exact same way. My Ferrari F40 sounded different when I maxed it out with the Ferrari Enzo engine but when I reverted the engine back to factory and applied the exact same upgrades as the Enzo the sound was exactly the same.

Last edited:
-A high lift cam will increase the rev limit
-Increased stroke pitches the engine sound up slightly
-Increased bore pitches the engine sound down a little bit
-A new air filter will make the sound a bit less distorted, providing some more intake noise
-Exhausts make the engine sound louder and more aggressive

Exhaust and intake are the only two options that change the sound from what I can hear and the increasing bore increases RPMs I think so it will just rev abit higher though i'm not too sure about that option.

To answer the extra question cars with engine swaps and the exact same upgrades will both sound the same when modified the exact same way. My Ferrari F40 sounded different when I maxed it out with the Ferrari Enzo engine but when I reverted the engine back to factory and applied the exact same upgrades as the Enzo the sound was exactly the same.
Not exactly true for some cars their is more than exhaust and intake that changes the sound on many cars the camshaft makes the cars sound different, also turbo and supercharger upgrades effects the sound a bit even engine balancing has an effect on the sound and it was very noticable on alfa romeo gulia gtam even in some cases things like stroke up and titanium connecting rods and pistons makes it sound different to

Several upgrades increase the RPM limit, but it only makes an audible difference on around half the cars in the game. The other half are seemingly fine with sounding like they're revving at 7,000, even when they're really at 9,000.

Changing from the standard or sports transmissions to the customisable transmission also changes the overall sound of the car.

Several upgrades increase the RPM limit, but it only makes an audible difference on around half the cars in the game. The other half are seemingly fine with sounding like they're revving at 7,000, even when they're really at 9,000.
Damn... having worked on sound mods for assetto corsa, I would've hoped they'd have taken the extra Rpms into account for all the sound files.. sucks that it some cars don't sound match. I would assume however that the newer cars have much better overall sound design. Like the nissan Z sounds pretty varied depending on what you do to it.

Last edited:
I remember distinctly the nsx and vw scirocco sounded way meaner once I got a couple of the S parts installed I think it was the stroke up and cam but I haven't driven those in a while I don't remember exacltly

Back