Anybody Still Playing TT?

• Thread starter matt5687
  • 48 comments
I bought TT on the release date and unfortunately shortly after my PS2 broke and I couldnt afford to replace it. Now though, I have just sold my XBOX360 to get a PS3 (wanted to do for a long time but they were so expensive) so that i can have GT5 and play TT + GT4.

But is seems as though the community has died out? Is this the case?

Itll still be a blast but It was always nice to chat to like minded people with a great interest for bikes :D

Hope to hear from someone!

i still play TT on occasion, not too often though.

you probably should have kept the 360 though until GT5 is released ... in 2-3 years :P

I only bought it a few months back too.

It's a good game, but i've found it too easy. I think the lack of opponents and the fact that you start races with everyone so spread out spoils it. GranTurismo with bikes is a great idea - it just seems that either the PS2 platform was too limited to fully realise the game or PD didn't have the time or energy to do the game justice.

I play it all the time actually, just pick a bike and go for a hoon around deep forest, grand valley, el capitan or trial mountain. I normally use battle mode and just do lap after lap, occasionally passing the other bike.

I still play it but not to get a good race on as crack said. I just play around to see what kind of good photomode shots I can come up with.

[empty space];2821927
you probably should have kept the 360 though until GT5 is released ... in 2-3 years :P

lol. I was getting sick of the 360, constantly thinking it was gonna break down at any moment. Plus a I wanted Blu-Ray and most of all, to play TT! Couldn't afford to buy a PS2 so I did a swap from 360 to PS3.

It's cool to hear that people are still playing it and I pretty much do the same as you guys. Just get a bike and ride lap after lap trying different setups and techniques and of course watching the replays over and over and over. lol.

Anybody have a bike in real life? Ive got a ZXR400 and I absolutely love it!

the cracker - my guess is the energy.

uno - thats the reason why i play both gt4/tt. gt4 gets more use though because of bspec :(

matt - i cant afford to atm or id probably have a sv650 ... :(

i enjoy playing tt alot. i have all golds and 100%

my favorite bikes are the buells, the ducati, yamaha R6, and the yoshimura katana 1135. that thing is such a sleeper. the triumph speed triple rm is fun to ride around the Nurb, try it.

Anybody have a bike in real life? Ive got a ZXR400 and I absolutely love it!

There are a few guys with bikes in here. The most common feeling in here is that if you ride a motorcycle you will eventually die on it. I am a bike nut no matter the lashings I get in here.

This LINK will let you see my bikes.

I bet your ZXR400 is a kick in the pants to ride.

[empty space];2822444
matt - i cant afford to atm or id probably have a sv650 ... :(

That would be a fine choice. 👍

Summer ended, my GSXR has been hibernating for a month and will remain so until next spring. Our off season is 6-7 months a year, thank god for good games in our darkening days.

i like to play just for the fun of it. i have a 360...bought motogp 07'...i hate it..the controls suck! so i end up playing TT every now and then.

i'm a yamaha man myself...
922.po.jpg
me_bearmt.jpg

dude yeah. yamaha power!!!!

those are my 2 favorite sport bikes you got there.

i love the special edition paint on the R1

Thanks...They did it so well that many people think it is a custom paint job.

Of course you mean that in a good way right :D

Loving the R1. IS very nice.

Yes in a good way. Thank you also.

Summer ended, my GSXR has been hibernating for a month and will remain so until next spring. Our off season is 6-7 months a year, thank god for good games in our darkening days.

That's too bad. Where do you live that you have to completely give it up? I live in Colorado and often ride during the winter.

i'm a yamaha man myself...

Are you a member over at www.r1-forum.com?

-->UnoMoto

Finland, but really I could have an enduro with studds for winter, although the cold would negate part of the fun.
Just browsed Wiki article on Alaska, its similar here, only the summer we have is proper if short and winter temperatures go lower than stated in the article (I thought it would have been colder in Alaska)

-->UnoMoto

Finland, but really I could have an enduro with studds for winter, although the cold would negate part of the fun.
Just browsed Wiki article on Alaska, its similar here, only the summer we have is proper if short and winter temperatures go lower than stated in the article (I thought it would have been colder in Alaska)

FINLAND!...Ok Ok...I'll cut you some slack now. ;) I'd say your not less of a man for putting the bike up for the winter. Some of us riders in the states are a bit sissy like when it comes to riding in the cold.

If its going a warm day I might ride in morning temps of between 30F and 40F. Some of my friends ride in lower temps but I'd rather not hit a patch of ice on the road. I don't need to ride that bad. :scared:

I still dive into the practice tracks once in a while. Racing the AI is pointless, I'm up against the clock. I've got the FJR1300 (since that's my real-life ride) down to 8:12 or 8:15 at the 'ring, but that's riding way over my head in real life, too!

I've done the practices on tracks with more than one bike, but you see the other bike so infrequently, and you pass him so easily, it's a nuisance more than anything else.

BTW, low-sided my FJR in sandy gravel about 3 weeks ago, my first road drop of a motorcycle. Fully geared, no skin injury, but left hip bruised from impact, and left ankle bruised and sprained when I apparently neglected to remove it from the space under the bike as it came down. (FJR is a BIG bike!) Insured, all new plastic coming, plus a new lid, gloves, boots, rain gear. (wasn't raining, but had been earlier in the day, about 300 miles earlier.) Bike was fine, I was sore, and was able to continue. Shifting was clumsy with no ankle roll, and my right thumb was jammed so I was glad of the cruise control I installed.

Gravel had washed down from a side road during the earlier rain.

BTW, low-sided my FJR in sandy gravel about 3 weeks ago, my first road drop of a motorcycle. Fully geared, no skin injury, but left hip bruised from impact, and left ankle bruised and sprained when I apparently neglected to remove it from the space under the bike as it came down. (FJR is a BIG bike!) Insured, all new plastic coming, plus a new lid, gloves, boots, rain gear. (wasn't raining, but had been earlier in the day, about 300 miles earlier.) Bike was fine, I was sore, and was able to continue. Shifiting was clumsy with no ankle roll, and my right thumb was jammed so I was glad of the cruise control I installed.

Gravel had washed down from a side road during the earlier rain.

That is as I say..."below average". I am really glad to hear you didn't sustain any serious injury. I am also happy to hear you are getting back on that horse to ride. I deal with that sand often here in Colorado also. It's often mid-summer before you can relax a bit from all the winter sanding of mountain roads.

I have only laid my bike down in a parking lot so far and I'll do my best to keep it that way. :scared:

I am also happy to hear you are getting back on that horse to ride.

Well, I kinda had to, y'know? I was almost 300 miles from home!!!

Seriously, we went through the same road the next day, and it was fine. Looked like it had been cleaned by a really skilled crew, not even dust on the pavement!

Haven't played in awhile...it is a fun game though. I am back into a GT4 kick now. I am a honda and kawi man...I've owned a suzuki and a yamaha and didnt like either.

Bandit - Great to see those bikes being ridden the way they were made to ride! Specially the R6 track bike, very nice! Awesome helmet also. Im looking at getting his 2006 replica, even though I ride a Kwak I need something other than the discreet #46 on the swingarm to show my massive support for the doctor :D

Back