Anyone else feel ripped off?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 744 comments
It is just a FREE game with more features than GT6 so yes GT6 have a serious problem.
YESS A FREE GAME ;)

Nothing is free in life and nothing in this game will be free but bare bones content just like every F2P. The economic model only works if you get a taste for free and it leaves you wanting more..that you have to pay for. The actual free content will be very limited and not likely enough to hold anyone's interest for very long.

VBR
I agree that GT6 is on it's way out, but I think Project Cars may be what finally kills it. World Of Speed looks like a Drive Club copy cat game, not a serious sim.

PCars1 will only chip away at GT. GT's core audience is a very casual gamer that wants to drive a massive variety of vehicles from the slowest to the fastest. PCars is more focused on the racing experience with serious vehicles only and I'm not sure how wide the appeal will be for that. If they sell 1-2 million copies in the first year I'd consider that incredibly successful.

PCars2 on the other hand is a different story. If PCars1 sells well enough that some major money is invested in the series, you'll see them go head to head with PD by adding massive numbers of street cars and even more race and other high-end sports cars. That's when the rubber will hit the road IMO.

I think it will ....... ....... on by PD that it needs work, so let let them do that first before bringing the subject back up. Also, the game is not quite two month out of the box yet, so the 'incomplete game' comments don't really have any real justification.

nothing personal...
but,
Bulldust & Rubbish! stop defending a company that is using the "but everyone else does it" line to justify releasing a game that is Not ready for market (albeit pretty close) and then relying on "DLC" to cover for patches and fixes that we as users should never have had to deal with.

it s41ts me to tears to hear about 'reputable' companies releasing software that is not ready for market, using the DLC excuse for bug fixing down the track, just so some shiny-bum seat polisher can justify a pie-in-the-sky release date they have promised shareholders. "oh, yes it will be released on-time, even if it dont work, i mean EA gets away with it, why cant we?"

ya just gotta look at the BF4 debarcle....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am tired of the $60 beta testing, and the fact the online is a joke. Chat clips every other word, kicks out of lobbies, locks up in lobbies, and that the physics are different enough for tunes not to work at all. Some very simple things that we all want to be right.

I vote before adding additional content, PD fixes these issues. Hard to enjoy a game with so many problems, adding content to something unplayable is useless.

End rant.

GT's core audience is a very casual gamer that wants to drive a massive variety of vehicles from the slowest to the fastest. PCars is more focused on the racing experience with serious vehicles only and I'm not sure how wide the appeal will be for that.
Sorry Johnny, but that isn't true. Not all GT fans are casuals, there are also hardcores as well... And there's nothing with having slowest to fastest cars, because having to tune slow cars to become faster is a lot of fun. Maybe PD just wanted to ease on the hardcore side to make both parties happy, but they always mess up in other parts.

Sorry Johnny, but that isn't true. Not all GT fans are casuals, there are also hardcores as well... And there's nothing with having slowest to fastest cars, because having to tune slow cars to become faster is a lot of fun. Maybe PD just wanted to ease on the hardcore side to make both parties happy, but they always mess up in other parts.

The vast majority playing GT are casual, I'd say the really 'hardcore' drivers equates to a small minority.

Whats this 'other side' you talk of? Somewhere in the middle of hard and casual gamers?

Whats this 'other side' you talk of? Somewhere in the middle of hard and casual gamers?
Yeah. Basically both hardcores and casuals are just that. Also, at least I wasn't wrong in saying there are hardcores, there just little of them like the Forza side. :)

It has been two months since release and the game still isn't anywhere near finished. By the time it is finished most people will have moved to the PS4 or other devices. I knew this would happen and I'm mad at myself for wasting $67. I can guarantee one thing. It won't happen again. I will never be a beta tester for an unfinished game again...

nothing personal...
but,
Bulldust & Rubbish! stop defending a company that is using the "but everyone else does it" line to justify releasing a game that is Not ready for market (albeit pretty close) and then relying on "DLC" to cover for patches and fixes that we as users should never have had to deal with.

it s41ts me to tears to hear about 'reputable' companies releasing software that is not ready for market, using the DLC excuse for bug fixing down the track, just so some shiny-bum seat polisher can justify a pie-in-the-sky release date they have promised shareholders. "oh, yes it will be released on-time, even if it dont work, i mean EA gets away with it, why cant we?"

ya just gotta look at the BF4 debarcle....:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm not defending any such company. I am saying however that PD announced well before release that certain features would be updated after release, so theirs is a different approach from other developers who just release and patch. I mean intrinsically it's not much different, except that PD told us this beforehand.

I think some people are just reading what they want from the situation and using that as an excuse to rant. The game will be complete when those updates are put into place, plus the first year of DLC. Patches are a different thing entirely and nothing to do with DLC or scheduled updates, well, except for when an update doesn't work...

Pregnant pauses are also three dots - well, they are in English - others might use them differently.

It has been two months since release and the game still isn't anywhere near finished. By the time it is finished most people will have moved to the PS4 or other devices. I knew this would happen and I'm mad at myself for wasting $67. I can guarantee one thing. It won't happen again. I will never be a beta tester for an unfinished game again...
I wish you also knew when PD announced they'll be adding features in updates, you would've been aware of what you were getting yourself into...

I wish you also knew when PD announced they'll be adding features in updates, you would've been aware of what you were getting yourself into...

Eh? you talk as if its some kind of torture having more things added?

I look forward to these 'updates', seems like a strange attitude to have looking at them with some kind of dread.

Eh? you talk as if its some kind of torture having more things added?
GASP! Never, I like it when more things get added. :D
I look forward to these 'updates', seems like a strange attitude to have looking at them with some kind of dread.
Not really sure what you mean to be honest. Well. Even myself knew what I was getting myself into after PD announced the whole 'update' thing. Although what I didn't know is it'll take them this long. :\

I'm already moving on from GT6, played some Gran Turismo 2. Wow the intro is brilliant, great music and atmosphere. Loaded up arcade, drove Audi TT on High Speed Ring, on normal level.

It was great to have a grid start!, and the racing a tight all the way for 2 laps, I was second till the last corner, then took the leader on the straight. The AI was very similar, the analogue controls weren't great, sound was VERY similar, graphics (don't ask!) but very playable.

Overall quite impressed with the game, especially the AI and grid start!

I said the core audience for GT was casuals, Kaz himself acknowledged that. And I didn't say there was anything wrong with wanting a wide variety of cars slow and fast, I only acknowledged that that was the difference between PCars and GT and why PCars won't likely make much of a dent in GT sales...the first time around.

I'm not defending any such company. I am saying however that PD announced well before release that certain features would be updated after release, so theirs is a different approach from other developers who just release and patch. I mean intrinsically it's not much different, except that PD told us this beforehand.

I think some people are just reading what they want from the situation and using that as an excuse to rant. The game will be complete when those updates are put into place, plus the first year of DLC. Patches are a different thing entirely and nothing to do with DLC or scheduled updates, well, except for when an update doesn't work...

Pregnant pauses are also three dots - well, they are in English - others might use them differently.

DLC, Patch, Update = becoming the samething nowdays, an embarrasing bug can be quietly fixed using the next DLC block or "scheduled update". i mean sony is doing Hidden updates FFS!

Yes, PD told us they would update certain areas of the game, post-release, and they have done so, we have some small amount of New content.
however they also neglected to mention that the game would be full of bugs and that they would not fix these issues. now 3 months on and we still have a single-platform-game that is bug-ridden and there is no word from PD about when said bugs will be addressed.
im glad you feel confident that PD will fix things but myself, and many others, have less faith in them. i dont believe that PD will ever fix this game properly. they never fixed the force feedback bug in GT4, that killed half a game for myself and friends who could no longer play the game.

in the end you are supporting (by repeating) the PD party-line and doing so by using their reasoning and their justification. im not having a go at you, just saying if you dont want to be seen as defending PD, then dont.
""
Also, the game is not quite two month out of the box yet, so the 'incomplete game' comments don't really have any real justification.
""
i can justify my argument by saying, I paid full price for a full game. i did not get a full and properly working game.

also, what about all those non-fanboys of us that did not hear anything pre-release. we were, undertsandably, under the impression from reviews etc. that the game would be awsome and complete(working properly), then to purchase it and find how underwhelming it actually is ... very disapointing.

...3 months on and we still have a single-platform-game that is bug-ridden...
A slight exaggeration, it's still just a few days over two months. Bug ridden is also such a loaded term to throw around. Sure, I accept that a number of people have experienced problems in certain areas - but that isn't reflected across the board. I have read replies from a number of other members that have had no such problems - and the same applies for me.

...i can justify my argument by saying, I paid full price for a full game. i did not get a full and properly working game.
also, what about all those non-fanboys of us that did not hear anything pre-release. we were, undertsandably, under the impression from reviews etc. that the game would be awsome and complete(working properly), then to purchase it and find how underwhelming it actually is ... very disapointing.
Sorry but I check everything I can about a game before buying it, and that applies moreso for games I know very little about. It may seem harsh, but they have only themselves to blame in this case.

A slight exaggeration, it's still just a few days over two months. Bug ridden is also such a loaded term to throw around. Sure, I accept that a number of people have experienced problems in certain areas - but that isn't reflected across the board. I have read replies from a number of other members that have had no such problems - and the same applies for me.

Bug ridden completely applies 100% to GT6 and if you don't believe or accept that you're lying to yourself. The amount of bugs and glitches HAS been seen across the board by the majority of people. Connection issues, broken camber adjustments STILL not fixed.

Just last night the game completely froze while on track during a race before the downhill at Bathurst. Second time it's happened to me and a couple people admitted it's happened to them when I got back into the room after having to hard shutdown my PS3 and got a triple beep. Just today someone posted a video of their Evo IX doing a front flip almost just from braking into turn 1 at the Nords on RS tires. There's very bad and very obvious things broken in this title.

You need to stop defending GT6 like it's what you pray to at night and accept the fact this IS a beta and seriously nothing better than until PD gets off their asses and fixes this god awful release.

Bug ridden completely applies 100% to GT6 and if you don't believe or accept that you're lying to yourself...
No, I'm not lying to myself - trust me, I know myself quite well and I have encountered very little that has spoiled my fun in this game.

...You need to stop defending GT6 like it's what you pray to at night and accept the fact this IS a beta and seriously nothing better than until PD gets off their asses and fixes this god awful release.
:lol: not really sure what you're implying there...I'm a good athiest so no praying going on here. Anyway, you can't tell me what I should or shouldn't be doing. You think it's a beta - I do not - it's as simple as that.

No, I'm not lying to myself - trust me, I know myself quite well and I have encountered very little that has spoiled my fun in this game.

:lol: not really sure what you're implying there...I'm a good athiest so no praying going on here. Anyway, you can't tell me what I should or shouldn't be doing. You think it's a beta - I do not - it's as simple as that.

Jesus it's almost painful how often and willingly people take things out of context on this forum for the sake of arguing. Let me be extremely clear this time since ignorance is overcoming common sense.

I likened the way you defend GT6 as to the way someone would defend their religion. I made no such reference to what religious beliefs you may or may not have, or whether you do pray at night. You being atheist has nothing to do with my reference.

While I completely agree with you that I can not tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing, I do have the right to make you aware that you are ignoring the evidence (facts) and are arguing based purely on your opinion of having fun with the game, which no one is trying to tell you that you can't do.

Last edited:
Jesus it's almost painful how often and willingly people take things out of context on this forum for the sake of arguing. Let me be extremely clear this time since ignorance is overcoming common sense.

I referenced you defending GT6 LIKE you pray to it at night. I made no such reference to what religious beliefs you may or may not have, or whether you do pray at night. You being atheist has nothing to do with my reference.

While I completely agree with you that I can not tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing, I do have the right to make you aware that you are ignoring the evidence (facts) and are arguing based purely on your opinion of having fun with the game, which no one is trying to tell you that you can't do.
Ahh, relax fella...you'll do yourself a mischief if you carry on like that.

I think you may have missed several of my previous posts where I already acknowledged that others have experienced various issues - so I'm not ignoring any evidence, just saying that what I have experienced, hasn't detracted from my fun. My 'arguing' though is based on the apparent inability of others, such as yourself, to allow me to accept the game in front of me and even like it, despite the apparent flaws.

I only post contrary observations when posters substitute opinions for facts. I do agree though, there's too much argument for the sake of arguing going on around here.

Definitely getting bored playing the same things over and over. This game should have never been released like this.
The AI is getting irritating as well. Can't spin them and there is NO possible way those cars can get back on the track that fast!
Sadly enough, I'm getting more disappointed with this game every day. I don't want to, but they have(so far) created a big dud!

Definitely getting bored playing the same things over and over. This game should have never been released like this.
The AI is getting irritating as well. Can't spin them and there is NO possible way those cars can get back on the track that fast!
Sadly enough, I'm getting more disappointed with this game every day. I don't want to, but they have(so far) created a big dud!
You are so right, and the career mode is a bloody joke.

Sorry but I check everything I can about a game before buying it, and that applies moreso for games I know very little about. It may seem harsh, but they have only themselves to blame in this case.

Buying a game and expecting it to be complete is hardly unreasonable. You don't think some of the blame should fall on, oh I dunno, the company that didn't finish it?

To say nothing of those who received the game as a gift...

May I ask why you are even trying to spin the AI drivers off track?

A fair question - it's pretty lousy racecraft - but it does bring up a strange issue with the game, since the AI cars are unreasonably glued to the track during interactions with the player car. I've been punted by the dunce AI rear-ending me a few times at what wasn't a huge speed variation, yet I've intentionally bumped them a few times at what can only be considered indecent speeds to see them still navigate their single-file line without change.

I feel a bit meh about the game, it's ok, but feels more like a prologue rather than a full game. I feel like I should have just got the standard version over the anniversary edition too, as the anniversary adds very little. Probably going to trade in GT6 next time I get something, whereas my GT5 is still in my possession since release, and now on display in it's signature edition case :P

The game just feels really short and incomplete, and the online play really isn't brilliant in my opinion.

...A fair question - it's pretty lousy racecraft - but it does bring up a strange issue with the game, since the AI cars are unreasonably glued to the track during interactions with the player car. I've been punted by the dunce AI rear-ending me a few times at what wasn't a huge speed variation, yet I've intentionally bumped them a few times at what can only be considered indecent speeds to see them still navigate their single-file line without change.
They are definitely glued - I always thought it was due to their unnatural responses, but that clearly isn't the case any more.

...Buying a game and expecting it to be complete is hardly unreasonable. You don't think some of the blame should fall on, oh I dunno, the company that didn't finish it?
To say nothing of those who received the game as a gift...
Well, normally that would be a fair assumption - though not really when it was announced beforehand. True, some people will have received the game as a gift, like I did - still didn't stop me from checking on its progress and to get an idea of what I could expect.

Latest Posts

Back