Anyone else feel ripped off?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 744 comments
I don't. Haven't bought it, guess I won't ever.. Got Forza, my cars to play with.. Sad but true, after GT5 came out and I tried it, I bought an xbox and Forza.. GT1 and 3 will remain as fond childhood memories :)

Has a driving game ever won a Game Of The Year award?

Edit: Yep. Gran Turismo won one in 1997 (Moby Games, Game Of The Year).
And "Out Run" (whatever that is) in 1987 (Golden Joystick Award).

Ermegerd, tell me you just didn't state that..!

And for the record; if GT6 is an evolution of the 5th, you have the problem right there. I spent maybe two-three days with the 5th because I felt it was an evolution from GT4. Which is ten years old now. The original Gran Turismo game was really a revolution of console racing games.. Huge car selection at the time, modifications (I still remember in awe 'my' old Evo 3 being faster than a hell of a lot else), racing tips, driving dynamics that were pretty damn good in its day. It was something completely new, a breath of really, really fresh air. It is not anymore, it seems like.

Last edited:
They are definitely glued - I always thought it was due to their unnatural responses, but that clearly isn't the case any more.

Phew, glad I'm not alone on thinking that...

Well, normally that would be a fair assumption - though not really when it was announced beforehand.

Yes, through GT-centric channels. To the casuals that make up the bulk of the series' sales? It's not like it's printed on the box - because (honest, in this case) advertising would lose sales.

True, some people will have received the game as a gift, like I did - still didn't stop me from checking on its progress and to get an idea of what I could expect.

As a fairly invested fan of the series, you checking on its progress is also unsurprising. Little Timmy getting "the new racing game for the PS3" for Christmas? Less likely to know the minutiae of what exactly PD didn't feel like including in the "complete" game.

...As a fairly invested fan of the series, you checking on its progress is also unsurprising. Little Timmy getting "the new racing game for the PS3" for Christmas? Less likely to know the minutiae of what exactly PD didn't feel like including in the "complete" game.
True, I suppose I also had the advantage of knowing I'd be getting it as a gift some two months beforehand. Perhaps something on the box stating the nature of the updateable game might have been better.

I wish you also knew when PD announced they'll be adding features in updates, you would've been aware of what you were getting yourself into...
It's been over 60 days and the course creator and community features haven't been added. On top of that there has been no estimate of when those feature will be added. In the meantime more and more people are moving over to next gen consoles. PD also has our money in the bank. If that is acceptable to you that is fine. But for me and many others it is NOT acceptable.

It's been over 60 days and the course creator and community features haven't been added. On top of that there has been no estimate of when those feature will be added. In the meantime more and more people are moving over to next gen consoles.
Yeah, it's worrying that both those features don't have dates of when there'll be added. So I too desided to get the PS4 and NFS Rivals (yay). You should do the same, if there are games on it you like.
PD also has our money in the bank. If that is acceptable to you that is fine. But for me and many others it is NOT acceptable.
Actually I'm on both sides on that one. Just saying you should've been careful, because PD.

Just over two months later and with no notable DLC apart from the X cars, which I thought would be in the game at day one and arrived behind schedule, I'm beginning to feel ripped off.

the three main selling points of this game; and improvments over gt5..

community mode
course maker
gps course maker

still arent out, and we were only informed that they wouldnt be avaliable on release day 4 DAYS before release.
and are now late as january was clearly stated.

the online has less features than gt5
the offline has less features than gt5

i am totally bored of it, was after 3 days and have really just been waiting for the community mode since.

i really do think they were disingenuous to promote the game like they did.
i doubt i'll get gt7 now, really has put me right off them as a company.

so yes i do.
very.

Well, normally that would be a fair assumption - though not really when it was announced beforehand. True, some people will have received the game as a gift, like I did - still didn't stop me from checking on its progress and to get an idea of what I could expect.

Again, it was explained that certain features wouldn't be there on day one. I.E. course maker, community features, gps etc. It was not made aware that the game would be so incomplete as far as glitches, bugs etc. Broken camber and other tuning adjustments, features that were in GT5 taken away like resetting tuning adjustments back to default, copying setups from one page to another, the horridly unstable online that constantly causes connection issues and system lock-ups. And I haven't even touched on what's wrong with the only decent part of the game implemented so far, the physics. And I use the term decent loosely.

Need I go on? There's still more I could point out.

community mode
course maker
gps course maker

still arent out, and we were only informed that they wouldnt be avaliable on release day 4 DAYS before release.
I couldn't wait to try out the new course maker when I got GT6 for Xmas. But when I fired it up, it wasn't there. I assumed that it was a "hidden" feature waiting to be unlocked (much like the Goodwood Hillclimb events and Lunar Rover challenges). I unlocked them all, and got up to an iB license until I suddenly thought that they had removed it. I Googled "GT6 course maker" and then saw BS stating that it was actually DELETED, and that PD was forcing us to wait for updates. Couldn't have Kaz warned us via the GT5 news section, or at least told us when the update was coming? Seriously, WTF?

...It was not made aware that the game would be so incomplete as far as glitches, bugs etc...
At the risk of being labelled confrontational again...they're hardly going to casually mention that this and that will probably won't work once you pop the disc in.

Fixes have always come in the past...but, y'know, I really have had enough of all this - the attutide here is just like the expression says: it's like trying to play chess with Pigeons...

I'm gone.

...they're hardly going to casually mention that this and that will probably won't work once you pop the disc in.

This. This is exactly why this thread exists and so any people are unhappy with PD. Because this is the reality of GT6. PD shouldn't have to mention it because it should not be an issue to begin with, but it is. It's what I've been on about this entire time.

I bought my copy at Walmart, because PD. With walmarts return policy, I knew I could open it, play it, and then return if I felt ripped off, because PD. But it ended up being exactly what I expected(unfinished), because PD. Thankfully, even with it feeling unfinished, I am having a blast racing online with all my friends, because PD. :P

community mode
course maker
gps course maker

the online has less features than gt5
the offline has less features than gt5

i am totally bored of it, was after 3 days and have really just been waiting for the community mode since.

i really do think they were disingenuous to promote the game like they did.
i doubt i'll get gt7 now, really has put me right off them as a company.

so yes i do.
very.
Allow me to add to this, it really needs to be said to stop all the debate about shipping product vs dlc.

1) Nearly every PR and news item about GT in the 6 months leading up to launch was about a feature or mode that is not currently in the game...

2) In those months PD flip flopped about what would ship with the game, gps, new audio, course maker (even the square mileage of that feature) but they were very clear GT 6 was to be the next best thing, even if they didn't even know what it was.

3) PD posted "coming soon" features on their Offical site 2 weeks before launch.

4) PD was still unsure of launch features as we all caught the progressive damage in the GT auto... Someone approved the use of those shots with a damaged car. No official comment, they just changed... Along with many other shots...

5) PD's last promotion besides the launch event was the Scion gps feature... And how many of you own a FR-S? We all know its proprietary.

6) final point! - The game we all got hyped about was based on features that have yet to arrived, worse, not even any correspondence about them... We were sold on GT's potential, not the reality of its current state.

On day one, the forums filled with "where is this? Where is that?" And we still get the occasional "where is B spec? Where is course maker?" From the late purchasers.

Why was there no North America marketing campaign? Because they had no clue what the final product would be, and the largest consumer market in the world has expectations beyond tracks and cars...

It's like PD fast forwarded their post launch plans to meet manufacturer and marketing obligations for AMG, Honda (or was it Toyota?), and Red Bull... Realizing the natives are getting restless, throwing us a bone by way of a new track... And btw, it was stated again at prelaunch, that we would get a track a month... We should be heading towards our 3rd track by now...

How anyone can defend, bend, or otherwise claim things are as they should be, or to have any more patience, is completely ridiculous.

Its a fact that dev teams shift gears after a release (excluding casual, f2p, and mobile) and return to dev mode and the vacuum of time and space... And then plans change... Teams usually aren't as interested in supporting the old, when new is on the horizon... I'm not stating a fact, but from my exp, after point of purchase, the interest in supporting already paying customers is less than the interest to acquire more (it's too expensive)... So those dlc teams are tiny, and the butt of the dev team...

DLC is traditionally an upsell as no dlc is so strong to lead to more initial sales, let alone the motivation to make good on promises, especially if the user base is tapering off.

Did anyone just buy Last of us because of the new DLC they just released? Didn't think so...

Moreover, when they release a new feature they do it poorly, for example, replay theater fast forward simply goes to the beginning of the next sector, there's not the tipycal x2/x4/x8/x16 fast forward, no frame to frame, no slow motion, it's better than a kick in the balls though :rolleyes: , course maker in GT5 is a ridiculous random track generator with very few control over it, PD's official and lame excuse was the original and finally unreleased track maker was too difficult to handle by the users, looks like we are too much idiots for them.

I've lost faith in Kaz and PD, I don't expect anything good from them anymore, if there's a new good feature in the future I'll be happy because I'll be gladly surprised.

Realizing the natives are getting restless, throwing us a bone by way of a new track... And btw, it was stated again at prelaunch, that we would get a track a month... We should be heading towards our 3rd track by now...

That is classic Polyphony. While they said "one track a month", they never said when it would start or how many months it would last for.

Being that GT6 sales aren't exactly what was expected, don't be surprised if we see a serious backtrack from Polyphony in regards to DLC - the costings for the DLC were more than likely based on a much higher sales rate (ie. a lot more potential customers).

I don't know how PD/SONY expected to sell rebadged GT5.2 and expect the hard core players (since GT1) not to notice
Forza just removed cars and tracks that were in the previous game. They plan on selling those items back to their customers in the form of DLC. That really sucks.

PD has removed a number of useful features from GT6 that were in GT5. But they are not quite as bad as Turn 10.
However we are still playing a BETA. And we are doing the QA too. GT6 was released simply to get as much money as it could. That money will be used to get GT7 ready. That and our observations about game play or lack thereof.

...Forza just removed cars and tracks that were in the previous game. They plan on selling those items back to their customers in the form of DLC. That really sucks.
That's one way to look at it, but in reality T10 didn't "add" (they weren't in the new FM5 to remove) all the cars as they were not remodeled to the next gen standards. There's only so much you can do in a couple years development for a completely new platform. I would rather drive a next gen racer with less content then have nothing to race at all.

Allow me to add to this, it really needs to be said to stop all the debate about shipping product vs dlc.

1) Nearly every PR and news item about GT in the 6 months leading up to launch was about a feature or mode that is not currently in the game...

2) In those months PD flip flopped about what would ship with the game, gps, new audio, course maker (even the square mileage of that feature) but they were very clear GT 6 was to be the next best thing, even if they didn't even know what it was.

3) PD posted "coming soon" features on their Offical site 2 weeks before launch.

4) PD was still unsure of launch features as we all caught the progressive damage in the GT auto... Someone approved the use of those shots with a damaged car. No official comment, they just changed... Along with many other shots...

5) PD's last promotion besides the launch event was the Scion gps feature... And how many of you own a FR-S? We all know its proprietary.

6) final point! - The game we all got hyped about was based on features that have yet to arrived, worse, not even any correspondence about them... We were sold on GT's potential, not the reality of its current state.

On day one, the forums filled with "where is this? Where is that?" And we still get the occasional "where is B spec? Where is course maker?" From the late purchasers.

Why was there no North America marketing campaign? Because they had no clue what the final product would be, and the largest consumer market in the world has expectations beyond tracks and cars...

It's like PD fast forwarded their post launch plans to meet manufacturer and marketing obligations for AMG, Honda (or was it Toyota?), and Red Bull... Realizing the natives are getting restless, throwing us a bone by way of a new track... And btw, it was stated again at prelaunch, that we would get a track a month... We should be heading towards our 3rd track by now...

How anyone can defend, bend, or otherwise claim things are as they should be, or to have any more patience, is completely ridiculous.

Its a fact that dev teams shift gears after a release (excluding casual, f2p, and mobile) and return to dev mode and the vacuum of time and space... And then plans change... Teams usually aren't as interested in supporting the old, when new is on the horizon... I'm not stating a fact, but from my exp, after point of purchase, the interest in supporting already paying customers is less than the interest to acquire more (it's too expensive)... So those dlc teams are tiny, and the butt of the dev team...

DLC is traditionally an upsell as no dlc is so strong to lead to more initial sales, let alone the motivation to make good on promises, especially if the user base is tapering off.

Did anyone just buy Last of us because of the new DLC they just released? Didn't think so...
Here here!!! Post of the Year, should be stickied in a thread all on it's own!!:bowdown:👍👍

That's one way to look at it, but in reality T10 didn't "add" (they weren't in the new FM5 to remove) all the cars as they were not remodeled to the next gen standards. There's only so much you can do in a couple years development for a completely new platform. I would rather drive a next gen racer with less content then have nothing to race at all.

Bottom line, stuff that was in F4 is not in F5. But users can buy it. PD has done some of the same. Only it has been over a period of years, not a years time. I understand development cycles and some business as well.
PD and Turn10 exist to make money. The main difference is the driving force behind GT is ALSO obsessed with cars and details.

Gran Turismo is in the habit of writing checks that their a$$ cant cash. With GT6, there is simply no way to install everything they envisioned on the PS3 platform. And like Turn 10 the most likely knew it when they started advertising their product. It seems that all is fair in love, video games and video game simulators.👍

I finally decided to play the game I got for Christmas (after my wife asked me about it for the 10th time).

It only confirms what I already knew. It's incomplete.

I’m not interested in playing online. That experience has been ruined for me too many times. Done with it.

GT6 is a ripoff. I knew it would be and what I find is as expected.

Seems like they just lied to us . Not ripped off but really let down :mad:

I like GT6, I think we expected too much from it. What I don't understand is there unwillingness to do anything about THE ****** SOUNDS OF THE CARS, common you had GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4, GT5, and people from the beginning complained about THE CRAPPY SOUNDS. The only way to enhance this game IS FIX THE DAM SOUNDS and only then will the game be interesting, cause for me that's my only problem with this game that I'm trying to love but get bored easily.

PD was not ready (again). But this time instead of delaying 2 years they just shipped it half finished. And as you pointed out there is no strong incentive to finish it now.

I don't see ever buying GT again. (Didn't buy this time but didn't tell the wife so she bought it for me.)

Back