Anyone else feel ripped off?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 744 comments
Well PD can't give us grindable seasonals when they still want us to pay real money for credits.
Yeah, they really didn't think through, or at all, their monitization stratagy... A scary hint when wondering if those promised features could also be an afterthought.

There are 2 key focuses in product/feature delivery. Vision and execussion. Most struggle with execussion.... Because vision (philosophy) is fun and dynamic with no commitment or accountability, execution (methodology) is gritty, painful, and loaded with expectations...

I specialize in the later and you would be surprised how many fear when I define how to realize a vision... It's also how I test the fortitude of the idea and confidence of a vision holder.

GT is a perfect example of product development run soley on vision. Have you ever head of anyone at pd besides Kaz and the translator? Me either... Have you ever learned anything about GT from the US based folks working with PD? Me either. Games just aren't made this way anymore, not since the mid 90's when teams were less than 20...

I bet nothing happens when Kaz is traveling. He is getting to old for all this and needs to pick a successor. And understand that I say this out of respect and as a fellow aging developer, not spite for the state of GT 6.

I'm for hire, Sony. I have lots of visions and directions GT should take :sly:

Can you give us a livery editor (still can't believe GT has been around since '98 without one)? Can you give us quality engine sounds that will immerse us in the racing? Can you add manufacturers that deserve to be in the game like Koenigsegg and premium RUFs? :)

--GT is too comfortable with itself and I think it all has to do with the Japanese culture (for better or worse); Japanese pride is strong, maybe too strong! I absolutely believe PD is the type of developer that will proudly sink with its ship before it decides to change its ways. There are numerous calls warning of an impending iceberg....Kaz, will you pick up the phone and right the ship?

Last edited:
Can you give us a livery editor (still can't believe GT has been around since '98 without one)? Can you give us quality engine sounds that will immerse us in the racing? Can you add manufacturers that deserve to be in the game like Koenigsegg and premium RUFs? :)

Yes, yes, yes and more! :lol:

Yep ! I couldn't agree more with "CorvetteConquer". I'm mean the updates suck just the over all attention that PD is giving the game, is terrible. I've been a huge fan since the very GT1 and have waited on the edge of my chair every single new version that has come out. But this one is good, but the lack of updates and even DLC's have sucked. Please "Kaz" read this post. This should be a sticky at the top !

GT is too comfortable with itself and I think it all has to do with the Japanese culture (for better or worse); Japanese pride is strong, maybe too strong! I absolutely believe PD is the type of developer that will proudly sink with its ship before it decides to change its ways. There are numerous calls warning of an impending iceberg....Kaz, will you pick up the phone and right the ship?

Very well put, & some good points made. 👍

You know, I started this thread in hopes that someone at PD might see, and we would get some communication or at least some updates. I fear this is the beginning of the end for PD, which is very sad. Everyone has been waiting for the promised GT6 updates and now they're updating GT5 instead.

It's much too soon to say it's the end of PD. I think they just need a kick in the butt from someone.. or maybe they really don't care much about delivering a videogame at this point, and instead just push the brand to grander heights by talking of lofty ideas and grand thoughts without ever actually coming through on them? I don't mean that to sound mean towards PD but it's just so odd. How can you be "pushing the virtual divide" when the actual videogame I'm playing just seems.. bland? Again not saying the game is bad it's just not something I'd associate with pushing videogame boundaries..

And you know when I first saw this thread I wouldn't say I'd felt ripped off by PD, and I still might not say that but I definitly don't feel that affection for GT that I've always had. It's more of a bitter "are you lying to me again?" feeling esp with the missing advertised features.

Apart from the triple bleeps literally ruining the whole game for me, when it works it's ok. But I would say yes I do feel ripped of considering it only works 10% of the time.

I'd rather PD have waited 6 months and released the complete game, rather than release it with some features missing and then add them later.

Problem is, I'm sure the release date was set by Sony, so the only way PD could meet that date was by releasing the features they knew would be working in time. I guess the PS4 release date was the reason for the December launch.

Problem is, I'm sure the release date was set by Sony, so the only way PD could meet that date was by releasing the features they knew would be working in time. I guess the PS4 release date was the reason for the December launch.
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that if you wanna go ahead and release a major franchise on an old system, you better not wait too long after the next gen consoles are released... Sony was right to push them for the holiday period in 2013, as it was the only way they could still squeeze the most money out if it. The blame for the decision to release it on PS3 and the way they screwed up their deadlines YET AGAIN, releasing it half finished, rests solely on PD's shoulders (just like those idiot design decisions).

I think they have been apologized enough already, time for people to realize they are just an incompetent developer.

Not quite.....

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/gran_...gt5_managed_in_same_time_frame_in_the_us.html

"Gran Turismo 6 looks set to be a high profile casualty of the jump to the new generation consoles, selling an estimated 300,000 copies in the US since its release, according to analysis firm Cowen & Co.

The 300,000 figure compares poorly with the 1,169,074 copies which Gran Turismo 5 managed in the same period back at its launch."

I fear that because the sales numbers are so bad that we may never get a "complete" game. PD may just wright this one off and focus more on GT7 and from what little we have heard from PD (the lack of updates for GT6 and updates for GT5) this may very well be what they are doing. I also think that PD & Sony might think that the reason for the bad sales numbers is for the same reason that the article states and again, even more of a reason to focus on GT7 instead of delivering on the promises of what GT6 was supposed to be. Nuts and bolts, we're all screwed.

Last edited:
There really needs to be a 'flipping the bird' emoticon here. I'm a pretty patient bloke and try to avoid the endless ANd mindless "where is my new toy" posts/threads. This however really is beyond a joke. The lack of communication and inability to meet self imposed time frames with nary a shred of information or explanation about the tardiness translates to a lack of respect to the hardcore fan base who look to drain every bit of 'play/usage' out of the game that they can.

Yes, they will get their dollars off the casual game buyer who buys the game simply because they want a driving game. And maybe that is all they really care about. Well, if that is what they (*PD/Kaz) want, that is what they get and if they (Kaz) care at all about any legacy then it is close to being too late. I paid full price (Anniversary Edition) for a portion of a game with the promise of more to come with the only timeframe met so far being the initial update. I was willing to pay this premium cost as those features promised something I was willing to wait for. The single player content is far from sufficne t to qualify as a game....pathetic additions (the TT's) are only played to grab some paints. But I can go for a drive on the moon...seriously!!! 🤬🤬🤬

For me I'll hang around here to check for upates, play TT's to grab some paints, and occasionally play my third time through the single player game just to keep my eye in. At the moment it is extremely unlikely that PD will get another cent out of me and I am sure I am not alone in this. No, the world will not come to a standstill and Kaz has probably never heard of those who think his 'vision' has descended into the pits of irrelevance and have opted to step out. But any legacy he may have built is rapidly declining each day which is sad, as this was once a great concept. I bought in at GT3 and enjoyed it thoroughly, then swept onto GT4. Loved both games. Then came 5 which was ok, but the market/car share concepts added to community (I don't race online as I think I'd lose friends due to a driving style which whilst not nasty would still provide too many collisions to keep friends) for me which made up a great deal for other obvious shortcomings in the game.

So yeah, unless he pulls a five-headed rabbit in black chrome with paws in gold polarised paint from his hat this time, that's it for me. And that means one less PS4 for Sony sales as well. I'd rather find alternative options for my general media equipment dollar.

I fear that because the sales numbers are so bad that we may never get a "complete" game. PD may just wright this one off and focus more on GT7 and from what little we have heard from PD (the lack of updates for GT6 and updates for GT5) this may very well be what they are doing.
And risking losing more fans than they already have? I understand that the usual lack of communication from PD is concerning - especially in this day and age - but unless Kaz has replaced the entire team with semi-retarded monkeys, I highly doubt that is the case. Only God knows what they're up to.

The storm clouds are gathering over PD at the moment.
Maybe a swift kick in the arse would be better.Formula might be next as the new season starts soon.It might explain the bits & pieces we have been receiving from then.But its all speculation on our part,well at least mine anyway.

There really needs to be a 'flipping the bird' emoticon here. I'm a pretty patient bloke and try to avoid the endless ANd mindless "where is my new toy" posts/threads. This however really is beyond a joke. The lack of communication and inability to meet self imposed time frames with nary a shred of information or explanation about the tardiness translates to a lack of respect to the hardcore fan base who look to drain every bit of 'play/usage' out of the game that they can.

Yes, they will get their dollars off the casual game buyer who buys the game simply because they want a driving game. And maybe that is all they really care about. Well, if that is what they (*PD/Kaz) want, that is what they get and if they (Kaz) care at all about any legacy then it is close to being too late. I paid full price (Anniversary Edition) for a portion of a game with the promise of more to come with the only timeframe met so far being the initial update. I was willing to pay this premium cost as those features promised something I was willing to wait for. The single player content is far from sufficne t to qualify as a game....pathetic additions (the TT's) are only played to grab some paints. But I can go for a drive on the moon...seriously!!! 🤬🤬🤬

For me I'll hang around here to check for upates, play TT's to grab some paints, and occasionally play my third time through the single player game just to keep my eye in. At the moment it is extremely unlikely that PD will get another cent out of me and I am sure I am not alone in this. No, the world will not come to a standstill and Kaz has probably never heard of those who think his 'vision' has descended into the pits of irrelevance and have opted to step out. But any legacy he may have built is rapidly declining each day which is sad, as this was once a great concept. I bought in at GT3 and enjoyed it thoroughly, then swept onto GT4. Loved both games. Then came 5 which was ok, but the market/car share concepts added to community (I don't race online as I think I'd lose friends due to a driving style which whilst not nasty would still provide too many collisions to keep friends) for me which made up a great deal for other obvious shortcomings in the game.

So yeah, unless he pulls a five-headed rabbit in black chrome with paws in gold polarised paint from his hat this time, that's it for me. And that means one less PS4 for Sony sales as well. I'd rather find alternative options for my general media equipment dollar.
Wait six mths or so then buy it from a pawn shop for a bargain.I was silly enough to think gt6 was a game also,even bought it new.Which is rare for me. Lesson learnt the hard way,wont happen again that;s for sure.5 was not to bad as I lucked into a brand new ( still in wrapper)copy super cheap a mth after it came out.I joined online then & forgot about it as there was no content.Tried again 6 weeks ago,so have plenty to enjoy before it closes.Though not impressed with the updates & changes.Have no interest in endlessly repeating the tiny amount of content in gt6.Log on to keep the prize money at 200% & do the occasional race to keep the feel of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did some research reading on the net... Edge and Metacritic.. To prove me wrong... But it didn't...
http://www.edge-online.com/features...eep-slapping-l-plates-on-experienced-drivers/
Because I felt pointed at as being too negative, I'm not negative about GT6.
I experience a decline in the rating for GT as a series coming from a 10!
And would love to see that turn to an increased rating for the next GT...
If we don't argue about the content and quality of the game who will?
We are not negative about GT6, but I think it slowly dropped from 10 to 7, I would love to see a 9 again for GT7.
But then things really need to improve. Am I negative then? No? I'm a realist...
I consider us in a priviledged situation knowing the game and its predecessors inside and out. ( plus the competition)
Our experience feeds the evolution of the game... This debating about the content ís good!
Progress is necessary, improvements vital!
Else indeed people will go on to other franchises...
Isn't the low price after only 3 months an indicator for poor sales?
Earlier versions dropped the price only after a year!
Guess I'm upset about the 7/8 game where we should have got a 9 game...
And I really enjoy the new physics and interface...
But it lacks competition and challenge...

Already over 175 signers for the petition... And those are only the ones who took the time for it...

I sure hope Kaz ís short for Kazunori... And not kamikaze...

Yeah i've got to admit I feel abit ripped off.
No course editor? No Bspec? IMO not enough new tracks, car selection still isn't fantastic apart from all the nissan, mazda, toyota, mitsubishi. Loads of the cars are terrible quality, no cockpit view in most cars.
Theres not even an E30 BMW.
I'm abit dissapointed about the low prize money, and almost no prize cars, but maybe that's just my opinion.
Also, the games have had the same AI since GT2. They're just glued on tracks and nowhere near challenging or aggressive enough.

It's still a very good game, but I can't help thinking how much better it could have been if they just finished it properly before releasing it.

Last edited:
I don't feel ripped off. I don't think I will from any GT game. However, that's because I'm a big fan of the game, I could play it anyday of the week. I know 95% of the people who buy GT are just casual players, so I know why they would feel ripped off, paying £35 to race against poorly made A.I and unreliable online servers.

I do think Kaz needs to listen to his buyers. I will continue to support him, but I do feel quite angry about the situation that GT6 is in. He promises things that aren't out on time, and every update is just for new cars, when there are still cars sounding like vacuum cleaners and cars that cockpits painted black. Also, do we really need 50 different skylines?!

The PS2 GT's were so good for their time. Now Forza has caught up and all the PC games are miles better in many different ways.

I don't feel ripped off. I don't think I will from any GT game. However, that's because I'm a big fan of the game, I could play it anyday of the week. I know 95% of the people who buy GT are just casual players, so I know why they would feel ripped off, paying £35 to race against poorly made A.I and unreliable online servers.
I.

I am a "Fan" but it does nt mean they PD can just take my money for a game deliver half and then tell me comeback later ,,,,, but we are not telling you when? TBH - I don't think the casual players are happy - and I would myself in that bracket. The game is a shadow of GT5, they have speeded up the menus but everything else feels like a step backward.
The gameplay really isn't there for a casual player. The new "physics" model is a joke my car spun 3 times for crossing a white line not a kerb a painted line :( . From my POV there is no driving experience it just feels like a playing the PS3 and figuring out how they programmed the damn thing.

This game in my eyes is worth 15 quid 20 at the most there's nothing to entertain me apart from redbull events the rest is just bull

I fear that because the sales numbers are so bad that we may never get a "complete" game.

Tough one to gauge. Because they are experimenting with F2P methodologies, they can't abandon ship before giving incremental features and seeing what transpires.

On the flip side, if they just give in to this being a bad direction given the Gran Turismo raison d'etre (to sell consoles) then they might push all features to GT7.

I fear that because the sales numbers are so bad that we may never get a "complete" game. PD may just wright this one off and focus more on GT7...
That's what I was feeling the last couple of weeks as well. Shifting resources towards GT7 to make it the best possible game and thereby pushing PS4 sales in the process.
Allthough I'm not sure how legally binding all those promises of updated features are. They heavily advertized a lot of that stuff (course maker, GPS, community features, etc.) as part of the game, after all. So there could be some lawsuits on the horizon.

That's what I was feeling the last couple of weeks as well. Shifting resources towards GT7 to make it the best possible game and thereby pushing PS4 sales in the process.
Allthough I'm not sure how legally binding all those promises of updated features are. They heavily advertized a lot of that stuff (course maker, GPS, community features, etc.) as part of the game, after all. So there could be some lawsuits on the horizon.
They probably aren't legally binding, but they are morally binding to fans patiently waiting for them. Many GT fans feel they have a special relationship with Kaz and all but the most ardent, lovestruck fanboys would be pretty upset at Kaz abusing that relationship by working on the next game and forgetting the current one, if that indeed comes to pass. I think a great deal of the goodwill built up over the past 15 years will evaporate for some players and they'll have to start over and win them back, all the while competing against a whole new generation of state of the art driving/racing sims. That won't be such a easy road.

Many GT fans feel they have a special relationship with Kaz and all but the most ardent, lovestruck fanboys would be pretty upset at Kaz abusing that relationship by working on the next game and forgetting the current one
Not so sure about that. He would still be working on the franchise, after all, and the GT brand may even improve in the long run if priorities were shifted to the developement of GT7, in order to make it as good as it can possibly be.
Yeah, a lot of people would be pissed off if GT6 was abandoned (including me), but if GT7 turns out to be the revelation of console sim-racing most will buy it anyway, imo.
I owned every GT game since day 1, but I don't have any emotional attachment to PD. If there was a better console sim than GT right now, I would jump ship in a heartbeat. And I would switch back to GT7 if it proved to be better, just as quick. Key for me is: 'who has the better product?' No misguided brand loyalty from me, sir.

Not so sure about that. He would still be working on the franchise, after all, and the GT brand may even improve in the long run if priorities were shifted to the developement of GT7, in order to make it as good as it can possibly be.
Yeah, a lot of people would be pissed off if GT6 was abandoned (including me), but if GT7 turns out to be the revelation of console sim-racing most will buy it anyway, imo.
I owned every GT game since day 1, but I don't have any emotional attachment to PD. If there was a better console sim than GT right now, I would jump ship in a heartbeat. And I would switch back to GT7 if it proved to be better, just as quick. Key for me is: 'who has the better product?' No misguided brand loyalty from me, sir.
Valid points of course, but there is still a ton of brand loyalty out there for PD/Kaz, although I suspect it's fading fast. People are much more like you (and I) nowadays, much less likely to rely on a name or a brand, and more likely to simply research and go for the best product available that suits my needs. This is PD's achille's heel. They found their popularity in a day when information was not so widespread, and communication was not expected like it is now and they haven't grown with the genre or the general business community. Can they adapt? Can they really get everything done that they need to get done to make GT7 revolutionary? I have serious doubts.

They probably aren't legally binding, but they are morally binding to fans patiently waiting for them.

If... let me repeat that, IF they do abandon GT6 and push all the features to GT7, there could be some legal backlash. They heavily advertised and relied on all the features we've still yet to see to market the game for initial sales. That's false advertising, and if enough people got involved they could sue PD/Sony.

Back