Anyone else feel ripped off?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 744 comments
If... let me repeat that, IF they do abandon GT6 and push all the features to GT7, there could be some legal backlash. They heavily advertised and relied on all the features we've still yet to see to market the game for initial sales. That's false advertising, and if enough people got involved they could sue PD/Sony.

I truly doubt anything legal would happen with PD and not delivering on the features but I definitely agree it really reeks of false advertising that sites like Amazon and Gamestop STILL have stuff about course makers and features that are just not anywhere to be seen in the product they are selling. I wish PD would live up to what they promised or at least come forward and say "we screwed up" and let us know these features aren't coming. I hate not knowing. :(

I truly doubt anything legal would happen with PD and not delivering on the features but I definitely agree it really reeks of false advertising that sites like Amazon and Gamestop STILL have stuff about course makers and features that are just not anywhere to be seen in the product they are selling. I wish PD would live up to what they promised or at least come forward and say "we screwed up" and let us know these features aren't coming. I hate not knowing. :(

The features better be coming, otherwise GT7 won't sell just from the sour taste left in our mouths. I can tell you, after the physics thread I started in the pCARS section and hearing what the guys over at SMS are doing and who is involved with that project, PD has some serious work to do.

If... let me repeat that, IF they do abandon GT6 and push all the features to GT7, there could be some legal backlash. They heavily advertised and relied on all the features we've still yet to see to market the game for initial sales. That's false advertising, and if enough people got involved they could sue PD/Sony.

I agree LV, but i think the legal backlash will be substantial, for the reasons you have mentioned. (and i feel they will abandon it in favour of GT7)
however ...
it will be more than just legal backlash, im sure. i wont be purchasing GT7 or a PS4. Sony WILL lose sales on hardware and on the GT franchise, I guarantee that. Nay-say all you want, but i will be proven right, in the end.
The last Dev/Game i loved more than anything went the same way - JointOperations(+) by Novalogic, purely through lack of respect and commitment to their customers and their franchise, just a shame the IP is locked-up and nobody can make a go of it.

I can see the class action lawsuit now. Sony looses a hundred million, the lawyers get tens of millions, and we each get three bucks. :lol:

I agree LV, but i think the legal backlash will be substantial, for the reasons you have mentioned. (and i feel they will abandon it in favour of GT7)
however ...
it will be more than just legal backlash, im sure. i wont be purchasing GT7 or a PS4. Sony WILL lose sales on hardware and on the GT franchise, I guarantee that. Nay-say all you want, but i will be proven right, in the end.
The last Dev/Game i loved more than anything went the same way - JointOperations(+) by Novalogic, purely through lack of respect and commitment to their customers and their franchise, just a shame the IP is locked-up and nobody can make a go of it.
I'm wondering how long of a life longevity GT 6 will have I don't see GT 7 coming any time soon only on the PS4 console like COD,Battle Field 4, Assassins Creed & such I have those games & upgraded for $10 bucks to get it on the PS4, hopefully thats wat they will do.

For GT 7 to come out on PS4 within the Yr. Im out! Completely done with the series, I will not pay for the game twice! The PD Cash Cow's will not get me twice, i'll will move on to Asetto Corza hope it come out on a console soon, im already on Forza never thought i'd live the day to see myself purchase another Simulator Game, but after the false promises PD has done, & wanting to charge you $59.99 For $7 &1/2 MILLION for online credits no wonder they don't pay out enough money on career races so they can exploit that option to the extreme Money Hungry they have become unbelievable!

I'm wondering how long of a life longevity GT 6 will have I don't see GT 7 coming any time soon only on the PS4 console like COD,Battle Field 4, Assassins Creed & such I have those games & upgraded for $10 bucks to get it on the PS4, hopefully thats wat they will do.
For GT 7 to come out on PS4 within the Yr. Im out! Completely done with the series, I will not pay for the game twice! The PD Cash Cow's will not get me twice, i'll will move on to Asetto Corza hope it come out on a console soon, im already on Forza never thought i'd live the day to see myself purchase another Simulator Game, but after the false promises PD has done, & wanting to charge you $59.99 For $7 &1/2 MILLION for online credits no wonder they don't pay out enough money on career races so they can exploit that option to the extreme Money Hungry they have become unbelievable!

PD already posted that there developers don't want too take too much time developing GT7, and they expect it to be released some time in 2014.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gra...-and-release-date-hinted-by-kazunori-yamauchi
http://www.examiner.com/article/gra...release-date-hinted-by-kazunori-yamauchiHeres
Here is a quote from the article incase you don't read it..

"The development studio does not “want to take too long” with releasing a follow-up title to “Gran Turismo 6,” which is coming out later this year. Kazunori Yamauchi mentioned that the best case scenario is to release “Gran Turismo 7” in 2014."

i dont feel somewhat ripped off but theres a few things im not to happy about , lack of tuning aspects such a diagnostics screen during replays or even game play , also would have been nice for a more in depth dyno screen the one we have , the sound when you change gears is bit bold , it could have been better with a few minor features oh and working camber =) but no i dont feel ripped off , just let down

"The development studio does not “want to take too long” with releasing a follow-up title to “Gran Turismo 6,” which is coming out later this year. Kazunori Yamauchi mentioned that the best case scenario is to release “Gran Turismo 7” in 2014."
Maybe in time for xmas, with a lot of missing stuff coming in future updates. Wouldn't surprise me if they would actually go ahead and be that cheeky again.

Maybe in time for xmas, with a lot of missing stuff coming in future updates. Wouldn't surprise me if they would actually go ahead and be that cheeky again.

Even if they release in the first half of 2015, you'd have to assume that either it's going to be GT6 HD* or it's going to be bare bones only. There's just not enough time.

*I'm not entirely sure what you'd call a graphically upscaled but otherwise more or less identical GT6. It won't be higher resolution, obviously, but if they don't change the game I'd assume they can just fix the graphical hiccups/sounds/etc. I hope people know sort of what I mean.

PD already posted that there developers don't want too take too much time developing GT7, and they expect it to be released some time in 2014.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gra...-and-release-date-hinted-by-kazunori-yamauchi

I remember that, and at this point, all signs point in that direction, that GT6 is being put on the back burner or at least a side burner because it isn't selling well and why support something not selling well? If I were in Kaz's shoes, I'd simply finish the promised content, move on to GT7, throw out a few VGT's here and there. Apologize, say the rest of the VGT's and DLC will mostly be on GT6, financial difficulties...blah blah blah. Free stuff in GT7 for all GT6 buyers etc.

If next week's "maintenance" is actually a giant release of much of the missing content or a precursor to it, then we'll know what they've been busy doing, at least in large part. At that point we'd say that's what they were working on under the usual PD Cone of Silence.

My original intention was to play Gt6 on my PS3 until GT7 was released, then buy the PS4. After this fiasco, now I am trying to decide whether to buy an Xbox 360 and Forza 4 or buy the Xbox One and Forza 5. Decisions, decisions.

My original intention was to play Gt6 on my PS3 until GT7 was released, then buy the PS4. After this fiasco, now I am trying to decide whether to buy an Xbox 360 and Forza 4 or buy the Xbox One and Forza 5. Decisions, decisions.

Honestly Im leaning towards Xbone, Forza 5 and Project Cars. Have a sinking feeling that this will be my Last Gran Turismo product... Its been a good run, but the flavor left in my chops after the fiasco that is GT6 is not good. Gamers are fickle beasts, and when you promise the world and deliver a dog turd... We notice, and Vote with our wallets.

I remember that, and at this point, all signs point in that direction, that GT6 is being put on the back burner or at least a side burner because it isn't selling well and why support something not selling well? If I were in Kaz's shoes, I'd simply finish the promised content, move on to GT7, throw out a few VGT's here and there. Apologize, say the rest of the VGT's and DLC will mostly be on GT6, financial difficulties...blah blah blah. Free stuff in GT7 for all GT6 buyers etc.

If next week's "maintenance" is actually a giant release of much of the missing content or a precursor to it, then we'll know what they've been busy doing, at least in large part. At that point we'd say that's what they were working on under the usual PD Cone of Silence.

So you think that the update might be delayed because they want to push out most of the promised features asap and fully focus on GT7?

So you think that the update might be delayed because they want to push out most of the promised features asap and fully focus on GT7?
I'm just speculating like everyone else. Nothing from PD would surprise me really. Anything from a giant release of all the missing features next week, to just maintenance and no new content. But I do think that sales for GT6 are less than expected and they aren't going to spend much time and energy flogging a dead horse. I think we'll get the bare minimum for GT6 in the long run, at least what they think they can get away with. At this point, I'm thinking the promised monthly DLC tracks and even some or many of the VGT will be shelved in favour of GT7. I expect car DLC to be pretty sparse too. The time to start pumping the new content is early in the game while the hype is still there, not 6 months to a year down the road when most people have shelved it.

I'm just speculating like everyone else. Nothing from PD would surprise me really. Anything from a giant release of all the missing features next week, to just maintenance and no new content. But I do think that sales for GT6 are less than expected and they aren't going to spend much time and energy flogging a dead horse. I think we'll get the bare minimum for GT6 in the long run, at least what they think they can get away with. At this point, I'm thinking the promised monthly DLC tracks and even some or many of the VGT will be shelved in favour of GT7. I expect car DLC to be pretty sparse too. The time to start pumping the new content is early in the game while the hype is still there, not 6 months to a year down the road when most people have shelved it.

It might really be the case. When you keep the DLC low, you can also advertise GT7 with a kazillion (pun intended) new cars and tracks.

So with that being said does that mean will be charged again for the same amount of money? Or will it be a $10 upgrade charge like the other games that converted to the PS4 from the PS3 or will they continue being the Cash Cow's that they are?

My wife purchased me 3 $59.99 $7 MILLION on line credits for me for X-mass without my knowing because of course it was a surprise, had it been me no way in the WORLD would I have done that im pretty sure my Daughter told her how frustrating this game has become to me because she's a gamer as well.

Now that being said, that's a total of well over $200 dollars & with the DLC content that will come out soon & who knows what they will charges us for that so there's more money there, so how am I suppose to feel about that? Along with the other GT gamers around the WORLD who have purchased credits as well.

So If they come out with a GT 7 within the year, will they charge us another $59.99 and try to Cash Cow me again, so they might as well tell us to throw throw game away, it's obsolete its no good it's broken, we might as well if their coming out with another title so soon it's so obvious, what will they say to us? thanks for purchasing it and for the money you spent on our franchise, let's do this again soon within the year save your & will see you then sincerely yours Sony Playstation , PD, & last but not least the one and only The man of the hour, the Man Himself driving around playing with our hard earned MONEY in the Le Mans circuit in a GT-R & With his GT ACADEMY Show Series, who forgot about us the PEOPLE THE FANS who put him there!! lets all stand up & put your hands together for the One! Thee Only! MR MOVIE MAN..........."KAZ"
what a joke this has become it makes me sick.

Last edited:
I'm feeling insulted now. 3 months after launch and we still don't have the top line features? Monthly update deadlines pass (February) and then they release this 1.05 update

Multi monitor support???? That isn't for the customers, that's for the marketing folks to show it off at events.

I'm going to be going back to Gamestop when I have the time to try and get my money back for GT6, and then contacting Sony if that doesn't work out. This is garbage from Sony/PD. I'll update how it goes when I get around to getting back to Gamestop. Hugely dissapointed in PD. Like @Lendaug_GT said, good luck with GT7 sales.

@Motor City Hami Depends. What was said to be in the game on day 1 that wasn't? (Assuming that's what you're on about) Not counting those that were taken back moments prior to release though.

When does the class action lawsuit start against Sony and PD for false advertising? I think there is a case.

It happened with Battfield 4. http://www.shortandsweetreviews.co/2013/12/battlefield-4-second-class-action-law.html

That's an insider trading issue. The EA execs connected to the game boasted about the game, drove up stock price, then sold their shares at a huge profit prior to the game's release, despite knowing full well that the game was far from release quality.

OH, and let's not forget, the ONE COOL THING IN THE UPDATE that was added (the flat black M4) was quickly removed. I didn't see the thread about it until it was too late.

Back