Anyone else have tickets stuck in another account thanks to PSN outage.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cryptomanic
  • 34 comments
  • 3,664 views
Messages
5,724
Messages
GTP_Cryptomanic
My 2nd account with my tickets in it will not log in because Sony sent the password changing link to the email on the account. The problem is that the account has a ficticious email. I tried calling Sony but they are massively busy. It is not a subaccount so I cannot change the password with my master account. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?:(
 
My 2nd account with my tickets in it will not log in because Sony sent the password changing link to the email on the account. The problem is that the account has a ficticious email. I tried calling Sony but they are massively busy. It is not a subaccount so I cannot change the password with my master account. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?:(

Makes me wonder why did you use a fictious Email. U know once you may need to recover your account for some reason.

I would recommend wait with calling Playstation till all servers are up and running so it isn't that crowded on the helpdesk.
 
Makes me wonder why did you use a fictious Email. U know once you may need to recover your account for some reason.

I would recommend wait with calling Playstation till all servers are up and running so it isn't that crowded on the helpdesk.

It was for birthday tickets and PSN never really sent info to your actual email, guess they tightened that bug.
 
Did you not have other users on ps3?

I left mine as remember me and just put new password and its worked on my second account.
 
I have two accounts:
One for main game, one for my little brother's game and old duping nonsense.
My PSN account on my main account, I was able to change my password right then and there. On the second account, it automatically made me look for an email, that was supposedly sent two hours ago. Never came. Ugh.
 
Did you not have other users on ps3?

I left mine as remember me and just put new password and its worked on my second account.

I had other accounts but PSN wanted to send me a link to the email affiliated with the account. My main account was just fine but for some reason it wanted to send it to my email on my second account. I had all my accounts set for automatic log in so I do not know why the other accounts had to be different.
 
The problem is that the account has a ficticious email...

I'm afraid that serves you right. Email addresses aren't difficult to set up so you should simply have used a real address.

Be careful telling Sony that you used dicey details...
 
Did you not have other users on ps3?

I left mine as remember me and just put new password and its worked on my second account.

Really? Didn't work like this for me. I have a message to change my password on every account.
 
HOODFIELD
Really? Didn't work like this for me. I have a message to change my password on every account.

It came up saying enter new password. So I did and signed it straight after.
 
Just checked. If you don't get an email from Sony, check your spam folders. Gmail thought they were spamming. No, Gmail, t'wasn't spam!
 
It came up saying enter new password. So I did and signed it straight after.

Mine automatically generated an email and sent to the address associated with the account. From there you would have to change the PW. Let me get this straight, your saying that you logged in and it just asked you to enter a new PW without verification thru e-mail.
 
Mine automatically generated an email and sent to the address associated with the account. From there you would have to change the PW. Let me get this straight, your saying that you logged in and it just asked you to enter a new PW without verification thru e-mail.
My main account needed no email verification but all of my other accounts did.
 
My main account needed no email verification but all of my other accounts did.

Ok I understand now. I had already changed my password just from logging into playstation.com from work. So I never had to change it once I got home again. Anyways I'm in the same boat as you Crypto. :lol: Let me know if you find a walk around. 👍
 
I did not need a valid email to sign back on, I do have a valid email but it was not necessary and was labeled Do not repy.

When I logged into PSN it asked me to enter a new PW which I did, I was then signed in and did not need to do anything else. Iike I said I did get an email this is the email.


Dear Nick,

This e-mail confirms that the password for your PlayStation(R)Network Account has been changed.

If you did not intend to change your password, contact Consumer Services for further assistance.

http://www.us.playstation.com/corporate/contactus/


Thank you.

The PlayStation(R)Network Team
 
HOODFIELD
Thanks. 👍

Of course there closed now and they will probably be super busy for a while lol. But there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
 
Of course there closed now and they will probably be super busy for a while lol. But there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

So the question now is how many accounts will they tolerate. :lol:

I honestly don't think I will bother, just make a new one. :sly:
 
My 2nd account with my tickets in it will not log in because Sony sent the password changing link to the email on the account. The problem is that the account has a ficticious email. I tried calling Sony but they are massively busy. It is not a subaccount so I cannot change the password with my master account. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?:(

Bro i had same problem... all i did was made the Email address real by making it..... Example. it was PS3@gmail.com but that was fake so what i did was made that email account PS3@gmail.. then i tried to log into the account on my PSN, then i got an email to that new email address.
 
I feel your pain bro, I can no access my email because i've moved houses and where i'm living now doesn't the network i was with in old house.

I don't get why some people can just change their password from the ps3 whilst others have to do it through email :(. I was such high in the game to, now I have no cars :((((
 
Bro i had same problem... all i did was made the Email address real by making it..... Example. it was PS3@gmail.com but that was fake so what i did was made that email account PS3@gmail.. then i tried to log into the account on my PSN, then i got an email to that new email address.
I tried that too but unfortunately it is an actual email thats already taken.
 
Bro i had same problem... all i did was made the Email address real by making it..... Example. it was PS3@gmail.com but that was fake so what i did was made that email account PS3@gmail.. then i tried to log into the account on my PSN, then i got an email to that new email address.

Thanks for this, worked like a charm. 👍
 
My two accounts are with active hotmail accounts.. for some reason Hotmail is not letting these bloody playstation password emails through AT ALL.. (must be seeing them as spam, they don't even get to the junkmail folder :( )
 
My two accounts are with active hotmail accounts.. for some reason Hotmail is not letting these bloody playstation password emails through AT ALL.. (must be seeing them as spam, they don't even get to the junkmail folder :( )

Mine's a hotmail account as well (only have one account, is there an advantage to having more than one PSN account?). I haven't received the email either despite the PS3 screen saying they would send it. I take it you're frozen out of PSN then as well?

I hope Sony/hotmail are working on this and it's just taking them a while to sort their joint security out....would offer a simple explanation for the email delay!
 
My two accounts are with active hotmail accounts.. for some reason Hotmail is not letting these bloody playstation password emails through AT ALL.. (must be seeing them as spam, they don't even get to the junkmail folder :( )

I had the same problem with AOL. Sent several requests. Waited over 36 hours and nothing showed up. Called Sony last night, got an email from them today. I will warn everybody they told me it could take up to 14 days to get the email. I about died. Thanks goodness it took 8 hours...
 
I called Sony yesterday and they will be sending out an email to a new email I actually made on the fly so it's legit. I still haven't seen this email come up so I am still waiting to access my tickets.:crazy:
 
Ho' mail is allowing PS3 mails now..

Ho Mail lol, I have never heard of ho mail. Is it email for prostitutes? j/k I know you meant hotmail.:lol:
 
cryptomanic
Ho Mail lol, I have never heard of ho mail. Is it email for prostitutes? j/k I know you meant hotmail.:lol:

Lol. You had any luck with your other accounts ?
 
Back