Anyone else like me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SandStorm
  • 60 comments
  • 1,516 views
Originally posted by UB57

MORAL: Don't fear or despise the "Putt-Putt" cars, use them to your advantage!!!...UB57
:D [/B]

I have to agree there. Use the slower cars to gain some skill at racing. Then when you use faster cars you'll get even better lap times thru the practice you had from the slower cars. The slow races are necessary to build the true meaning of racing...SKILL!!!!

Practice and just enjoy the game.
 
I'm trying not to fall asleep during 10 laps of TC in a Vitz.:lol:
 
Originally posted by RVDNuT374
I'm trying not to fall asleep during 10 laps of TC in a Vitz.:lol:

👍 I try not to fall asleep driving ANYTHING @ Test Course, what a waste of valuable disk space!!! 👍
 
If only PD's programmers had any brains.........:p
 
Originally posted by UB57
try not to fall asleep driving ANYTHING @ Test Course, what a waste of valuable disk space!!!

Well, it’s terrible for races but a great track to test your cars!!!

As for the high hp v. low hp: I too used to need a lot more horsepower than the AI to win races (when you crash on nearly every turn you’re bound to need a couple of hundred more hp to go after the pack again) - but that was ages ago .
I now realise that a race is “interesting” when there’s real competition, not when you lap everyone else, and the Yaris Pro is one of the more interesting challenges in GT3: it made realise after many frustrating attempts that GT3 was actually much better than I then thought – and I already thought it was BRILLIANT! – and it forced me to really learn how to fine tune my cars (and drive better!!:lol:)

These days when I play GT3 I usually go to the Polyphony Cup or the Trial Mountain enduro (no tuning allowed - which to me sounds a lot like no cheating allowed) and I try to stay as much possible under 300 hp and as some of you “muscle fans” may never find out there are amazing things you can do in those races like winning with a stock Evo or Impreza or even with the Elise or the Renault Clio!!!
 
Originally posted by RUI
Well, it’s terrible for races but a great track to test your cars!!!

In general I agree with you, in fact out of all the times I have been to the test track I have enjoyed it twice.

Once was in (wait for it) the Vitz Pro. What I enjoyed was trying to knock off the car that was second in the series so I got a larger points lead after the race. In the end he came third because I finished about 1 lap + 1 car length in front of him and 1 lap - 1 car length behind the car that I allowed to come second.

The other time was in the Gran Turismo All Stars (I think). I was in an F1 and was up against the R390 which at this race was very quick (too quick for an F1 due to the F1s top speed disadvantage). I managed to draft and not pit which allowed me to win. If I missed the draft once I knew I was shot so I had to draft for 15 laps. I still have the replay too.
 
To RUI :

ALLLLLLLLLL-RITE!!!!👍

:D Great to hear from another fan of real racing. Not someone who would run the Vitz race with a F-1 if the game would allow it!!!...UB57
:D
 
Originally posted by RUI
These days when I play GT3 I usually go to the Polyphony Cup or the Trial Mountain enduro (no tuning allowed - which to me sounds a lot like no cheating allowed) and I try to stay as much possible under 300 hp and as some of you “muscle fans” may never find out there are amazing things you can do in those races like winning with a stock Evo or Impreza or even with the Elise or the Renault Clio!!!

I need to do one more race in the PD Cup. R246.

I want to do it in an evenly matched car. I was thinking Supra. Apart from the Evos, Imprezzas, Clios and Elise what other cars would you recommend ?
 
:confused: What the hell is all this about the Vitz series being so hard? I am by no means a GT3 master but I found it a piece of pi$$. To the original thread though I do find the more hairy cars easier to drive, I found the K car cup in GT2 really hard at first.
 
Well Gumpy I suggest you check the competiton first and if you have the time, go to qualifying and run a few laps to check the tyres they're using. (I spend hours in the qualifying of Trial Mountain enduro trying to work out which cars can beat the Zero!)

If I remember well in PD cup there's a Z06 in there but it pits every 2 or 3 laps. In superslicks I'd say you can easily win with anything above 270 hp!
 
Originally posted by gumpy
I need to do one more race in the PD Cup. R246.

I want to do it in an evenly matched car. I was thinking Supra. Apart from the Evos, Imprezzas, Clios and Elise what other cars would you recommend ?
fiat :p
 
Somebody reach over and whack ving one. He's stuck again.
 
Teacher's Assignment:
Write a twenty word dissertation describing GT3.

ving's Report:

FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT :lol: :lol: :lol:

:irked: :irked:
Boy am I disappointed. 14 hours & NO RETORT from ving???
:irked: :irked:
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
All right, that's it! I'm not even going to finish the Spyder Cup

PS to Bondy - no problem. Didn't mean to be short with you.

are you having difficulty with the spyder/roadster cup?
i think i did it with the vx220 not sure cant remember it is a c*** tho innit!:rolleyes:

ps to duke - oh ok
 
Originally posted by liquidyellow
:confused: What the hell is all this about the Vitz series being so hard? I am by no means a GT3 master but I found it a piece of pi$$. To the original thread though I do find the more hairy cars easier to drive, I found the K car cup in GT2 really hard at first.
i dont think they meant the entire series just ssr11 cos even with a fully modded vitz they can still cream you round every corner!:lol:
 
Originally posted by UB57
👍 I try not to fall asleep driving ANYTHING @ Test Course, what a waste of valuable disk space!!! 👍

i agree but it is good to test the top speed of your cars and also good for 2000kph wheelies!!!!!!:lol: :lol:
i have actually fallen asleep while doing the like the wind in a viper with 10xx hp!! i got woken up by the screeching of tyres which was me going in circles!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Originally posted by bondy_1625
are you having difficulty with the spyder/roadster cup?
Well, I have only run the first race, in a full-built Mugen S2000. I was very evenly matched with the Griffith but he pitted which gave me the race. I won by about 5 seconds so I wasn't having too much trouble.

There was just so much talk about the Vitz Pro going on that I wanted to jump in and see for myself what it was like!
 
Ah ssr11 I remember. Now to do the vitz champs in a less than fully modded car that would be a challenge.
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Well, i had the maxed out mods on the Vitz, and let me tell you this race was quite challenging...Very hard, and a good change from the rocket cars...never do a practice in free run with an F1 and then do this series though, trust me ;)
Yeah definitely. I jumped out of my F1 straight into an Xsara Rally Car. So sloooooooooow.
 
Originally posted by UB57
Teacher's Assignment:
Write a twenty word dissertation describing GT3.

ving's Report:

FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT FIAT :lol: :lol: :lol:

:irked: :irked:
Boy am I disappointed. 14 hours & NO RETORT from ving???
:irked: :irked:

lo siento!!

umm.... fiat, fiat? :p
 
u cant win the vitz......my god john..........lolololololololol

I won all races first go, no settings changed besides gearing----bloody simple..........

just dont quit if u get behind cause if u drive clean u will all most definately win.
 
You can too win the Vitz - I won it last night, as a matter of fact.
 
As a matter of fact, I got it from the Beginner FF.
 
opps phrased that wrong........i meant the vitz race......pink=purty
 
Back