anyone else NOT play sport because Manual trans is banned?

• Thread starter flair1111
  • 33 comments
That acceptable usage policy...
... is opt-in. If you can't or don't want to abide by it, you don't have to agree to do so. If you do, you're required to follow it - and it's neither a discussion nor something that requires your input.

So really, what they’d need to do to fix this glitch would be to disable either the stick or the paddles depending on which transmission type each car has?

But only if the game detects the presence of an H shifter of course.

Kinda complicated to solve this problem properly I suppose, so you can see why they didn’t do it.

The new PD motto: “if delivering the best experience for players involves a lot of effort, don’t bother”

@Famine

That acceptable usage policy, regarding spilling n grammer, might come across as discriminatory/exclusionary towards people with issues such as dyslexia or disadvantaged upbringings, don’t you think? As annoying as you may find it when people aren’t able to type very well, it may well cause a certain degree of embarrassment or shame pulling them up on it. Nobody’s perfect, after all.
The grammar rules are for a reason, as I’m sure he will explain. Not everyone using this site speaks English as a first, or even second language. So if everyone is using proper grammar, and not slang or street talk, it makes it easier for everyone to understand posts, even if English isn’t their first language. If I remember correctly.

Edit: Famine already beat me to it lol.

Last edited:
Also, you are able to put your h-pattern into sequential mode(fanatec), which is actually sorta fine. Sometimes, with the older cars, it gets weird, while in VR, that my right hand isn’t doing what it should. Besides, you can get a little visceral slammy, slammy, with left footed braking added on. Its a decent compromise for the most part.

As others have said:

YES, you can use the in-game manual transmission option in daily races.

NO, you can't use the clutch pedal and H-shifter of your real-life wheel setup on daily races.

You can only use the real-life flappy paddles with the in-game manual transmission setting.

Hope this helps.
ahh ok . i didnt know the paddles worked on the wheel. ty

Back