Anyone else over it already?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dillweed
  • 45 comments
  • 3,705 views
I think I have a problem, I wake up at 11am every day (for reasons I'm about to explain), sit down, start GT5, before I know it I've done no work and it's 3am. Hence why I now wake up so late.

The worst part is, I save up like 1,000,000 from racing during the day, then as soon as it gets to 2:30am I go on a shopping spree, two nights ago it was the R32 GT-R, R33, R35 and the R35 Spec V, then I pained them all Midnight Purple (except the Spec V). the night before last I bought the C6 Z06 and the ZR1, and last night I bought the NSX-R and CT230R. Having been racing for 3 hours today already I'm back up to 1,005,657, and tonight I know I'm going to buy the High End Performance G37 or the Mine's... I absolutely know it.

Right now I'm grinding the Like The Wind Indy race with a level 11 Bob to get him up to 22 so I have a 'team' for the Extreme events... Then I have to repeat the process with two more Bobs who don't even exist yet. Then when I get the prize for the B-Spec Japanese GT challenge (I don't mind using the 787B if it's not me driving) I can use it to A-Spec that challenge which will hopefully get me to level 23, if not it's no problem, I'll just do some more laps of the Nürburgring for 83,000 a go in the Audi TT-R, which is great fun.

So yeah, I'm not bored yet, which is really bad because I have things I should be doing like, I dunno, christmas shopping, data mining, visualisation projects, sketchbooking, reading, walking, breathing and living. If my experience with GT4 is anything to go by, I might get bored of it for a couple of months (in two months from now), play something else, and basically keep coming back to GT5 to do a bit of racing, fully tune a new car, time attack Tsukuba or the Nürburgring or drift around somewhere (maybe even Eiger now), then play something else, and just keep doing that.
 
Papapaaaaaa foch yeah! They're gonnaaa save the moth**foching day yeah!!!



No seriously though..; I'm playing it now for 50 hours, and just golded almost everything in special events, i'm on level 21, just did the newly opened nascars and golded them after some hard small input work. And time to get to the next level, build a new drift car, do some fun stuff online with friends, do some a and b specs, and look for another amazing machine. Never get tired off this...

Then, if i finally beat the game, i should have some amazing racers in my garage, and then the magic will kick in to make my own luna park best racing game, by only using the nordschleife layouts and the cars i love the most, and time trial to carzy with the friends who pop by in the little racecorner off me...

That is what GT is, was, and always will be for me...

Back in the house i shared for some years with fellow friends, students, we did this with GT4 and all the DTm cars, those were all very close to eachother...

it finally was one full year that everyone only raced nordchleife with those, just to try to beat me. It ended up having 27 people on a timelap list hanging above the racepod...

You guys, try to create your own magic, it's soooooo possible in this kind off a game...
 
Sooo tired of this game, first of all its too easy, you can enter a race for Imprezas with a veyron if you want, where is the racing in that? Another thing that has killed this gane for me is the constant lying from PD. I bought this **** because they once said they wouldnt release the game before they were 100% satisfied. And now patches are coming in from everywhere. The damn used dealer is another joke, 80% of the cars in the game can only be purchased here, and its all the same cars over and over. You can paint your car, but then you have to win the color first!!! Whats that? Let us just buy the damn color we want. My Gos this game annoys me, it really does, And I was tricked by all the promises from PD to buy the SE version, which would give you a special opportunity to enter an exclusive competition to win a Mercedes, what happened to this thing by the way??
 
I don't understand why we have 1000+ cars but only 45 events, some with only one race. There are so many races you could come up with using all of those cars. What's sad is GT3 only had 150 cars and it had a lot more to do in it's Simulation Mode than in this game.

And what ever happened to manufacturer events?
 
I don't understand why we have 1000+ cars but only 45 events, some with only one race. There are so many races you could come up with using all of those cars. What's sad is GT3 only had 150 cars and it had a lot more to do in it's Simulation Mode than in this game.

And what ever happened to manufacturer events?

Totally agree with you. Lets ask the question again: What on earth took 5-6 years?????????
 
I was expecting a lot more out of this title, have finished beginner, amateur, professional series races all with golds and a few expert, never cared for the rally or endurance races in all the GT games.

I thought it would at least keep me entertained until Christmas but my interest is seriously waning, it's basically gt4 with a few added bells and whistles that I don't believe constitutes a 6 year dev cycle.

Oh well you get that I suppose, bring on Diablo 3 already!


I only wish it was GT4 with the extra bells and whistles.

Its not even close to the depth and features of GT4.

I haven't been this disappointed in a game since the second Max Payne game.

And this scenario is much worse than that one.

Something has gone seriously awry at PD.
 
Totally agree with you. Lets ask the question again: What on earth took 5-6 years?????????

Making the 200 premium cars.... and skidmarks.
 
But with GT5, it's like the worst kind of 10-year old MMORPG, where gaining the necessary credits/XP needed to advance, totally guts the enjoyment of the *ACTUAL DRIVING* (which is still as good as it ever was).

You're looking at GT5 like a game that needs to be conquered and completed. Try looking at it as a reason to drive cars without giving a damn about which level you are, then it'll last much longer.

This whole debate is between those who actually enjoy the simulation, and those who just want to thrash the **** out of the game, get the platinum trophy and move on. Those are the people who get annoyed at the length of the A-spec mode and the required XP to level up.

We've got 1031 cars here. Perhaps when I've driven them all it'll feel like I've done everything the game has to offer, but until then...

That said, I thought GT4 was lame, it just felt cold and uninviting.
 
This whole debate is between those who actually enjoy the simulation, and those who just want to thrash the **** out of the game, get the platinum trophy and move on. Those are the people who get annoyed at the length of the A-spec mode and the required XP to level up.

Nonsense. If you actually read other people's posts instead of just presenting us with your assumptions of what they might be posting about you'll see that for yourself.

Trying to present people who disagree with you in a bad light just to make your own view appear convincing is pathetic.
 
I was shocked yesterday when i checked my profile and it said i was at 78% complete after 5 days only. Got the Game last saturday night and played every day after work for a few hours. This game is a big let down after all these years. Sure it looks amazing (Although some cars seem to be 100% carried over from PS2 - Ruf BTR for example..), its just not as great as a GT should be. Plus it has too many rules and restrictions. Whats up with the stupid paint rules? Not being able to buy the cars you want when you have the money (not talking about lvl but the fact that they simply arent available..), engine sound are weak, damage is as bad as on Forza...
 
You're looking at GT5 like a game that needs to be conquered and completed. Try looking at it as a reason to drive cars without giving a damn about which level you are, then it'll last much longer.

This whole debate is between those who actually enjoy the simulation, and those who just want to thrash the **** out of the game, get the platinum trophy and move on. Those are the people who get annoyed at the length of the A-spec mode and the required XP to level up.

We've got 1031 cars here. Perhaps when I've driven them all it'll feel like I've done everything the game has to offer, but until then...

That said, I thought GT4 was lame, it just felt cold and uninviting.


I agree GT is great when you just want to drive and best your lap times, or have fun against a few other cars. But it would have been nice to have more challenges or championships. Why bother with stupid challenges such as the Yaris or Lupo cup??? Or the TOp Gear Bus BS...A waste of time, talent and money.
 
You're looking at GT5 like a game that needs to be conquered and completed. Try looking at it as a reason to drive cars without giving a damn about which level you are, then it'll last much longer.

But... That was kind of my whole point.

I would *LOVE* to be able to just enjoy this Game and drive the cars without giving a damn about which level I am.

That's certainly what I felt I could do with GT4. My progress in GT4 was limited purely by my driving ability. I could cruise through at Bronze's to get access to everything - *INCLUDING THE FORMULA 1 CARS* - and then back-fill at my leisure if I wanted to get Golds for Gold's sake.

Not so in GT5.

I've got to grind away at the same old races, using the same old cars, with nothing more than the Used Car Sales Lottery to keep me amused whilst I try to reach a high enough level to access cars that were available relatively immediately in GT4.

Like I said in my previous post, if this was an MMORPG like WoW, then I could understand why I should have to put the time in to get some uber-powerful weapon or skill that would give me an enormous in-Game advantage. But this is a driving game. You could put me in the most forgiving, most stable, most powerful car in the Game, and chances are I still wouldn't be able to keep up with someone in an inferior car who just happens to be a much better driver than me.

To me, the real focus of the Game should be on on-line races, leagues and leader-boards. And there, those leader stats would be about the same cars being driven on the same tracks by different drivers - with the *DRIVERS* finding and improving their own natural skills.

And I *THOUGHT* that was what we had all been waiting for... Not some half-assed attempt to turn a fantastic driving game, with amazing physics and graphics, into some half-assed RPG.

:rolleyes:
 
I think they should end the GT series now, PD is clearly out of new ideas. At least I`m gonna end my GT patriotism, its over.
 
I can't believe some of the comments in this thread.

I honestly can't get enough of this game.

I have a feeling the people who are saying their bored or sick of it are the gamers rather than the petrolheads. Its not just about getting to level 40 and seeing the end credits roll.

Its about getting behind the wheel of cars you've only dreamed of owning.
Its about racing real world tracks that you've always wanted to drive.
Its about turning your hand to new things like drifting or nascar racing.

There is simply so much to do in this game. When i was in my teens and playing GT1 and GT2 I would simply enter a race with a car with twice as much horsepower to guarentee a win or do a 50,000cr race over and over again just to get money to buy the flash cars straight away. If you do this then yes you'll get bored of the game.

Now with GT5 (maybe its because i'm a bit older) every time i switch the game on there is something new and exciting like:

looking in the used dealership and finding a gem or 2 in amongst the run of the mill stuff or,
going on-line into a SSR7 free run and re-living the wangen midnight club days or,
putting an M3 CSL through its pace's around it's spiritual home the Nurburgring.

I honestly think the game is amazing and from PD's point of view, with the PS3 they now have an excellent base which they can just build and build upon through update's and DLC.

Long live Gran Turismo!!

Thank you,

Craig.
 
Indeed Craig, well said!

i just think after GT4 alot of people jumped into a boat that they thought would be huge without really knowing what was already layed out in the past. Expecting waayyyyyyyy to much.

Who who has been struck by his vision in the good old past is know strucked again, and really bigtime too.

it's not for a simple reason that 6 of my friends who never thought about a PS3 now bought one just to do what you described, and to do what we past ones already knew for a long time.

It's the best!
 
Back