• I am not fussed either way.

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
England
England
maxresdefault (2).jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Why do people always feel the need to put additional qualifiers on pole options, you're restricting people to two defined statements, rather than two different opinions.

You can offer your opinion in your comment, its not a big deal.

I just thought a binary, black or white type option was easier.

I don't want Formula Gran Turismo cars.

If we're going to have F1 cars in, I'd rather genuine ones.

But they are pretty much genuine, in all but name...and the liveries.

What I mean is they are very accurate copies of the cars competing at the time...and isn't a "fantasy" version better than none at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, with the FIA being on board and the new direction being mentioned, I expected more IRL replica cars, tracks, and competitions all round. But thinking about it, the F1 game needs to offer something and if it all came here, that's one less racing game out there, not ideal for me.

It would work though. The penalty system here is almost perfect to replicate current F1. It's uncanny!

You can offer your opinion in your comment, its not a big deal.

I just thought a binary, black or white type option was easier.

This is exactly what I mean though... if you give people the chance to either say yes or no in the poll, and expand on it in a post that's fine.. as it is you've added on a statement to each which might not reflect their actual opinions on it. I'd vote No but it might not be because "I don't think it belongs in a GT game"... you're right, it's no big deal, I personally don't like it because it's typically done to manipulate results. Yes and No would be fine on their own.

IMO Gran Turismo is about sports cars, and racing derivatives thereof (GT3, GT4 etc). Formula One is already done very well by Codemasters.

So, my vote went NO, and the reason is that at this time it's still not viable for a one fits all racing game.

In GT open wheel racing, like rally, has always felt like the developers just feel that they need to include it, but they really don't know what they're doing with it - it's like they're merely paying lip service to those motorsport disciplines. Therefore I'd prefer that the game developers develop to their strengths and passions, and not with a kitchen sink mentality.

I don't want Formula Gran Turismo cars.

If we're going to have F1 cars in, I'd rather genuine ones.
Unfortunately the contract prevent those to happen.

It's the same reason why Lotus 97T from GT6 is sort of but not really back in GTSport by the F1500-TA moniker. Also the same reason Ferrari F1s is not in GT6 in the first place.

Though wont mind seeing Ferrari F1s sort of come back but with Gran Turismo de-badging.

IMO Gran Turismo is about sports cars, and racing derivatives thereof (GT3, GT4 etc). Formula One is already done very well by Codemasters.

So, my vote went NO, and the reason is that at this time it's still not viable for a one fits all racing game.

In GT open wheel racing, like rally, has always felt like the developers just feel that they need to include it, but they really don't know what they're doing with it - it's like they're merely paying lip service to those motorsport disciplines. Therefore I'd prefer that the game developers develop to their strengths and passions, and not with a kitchen sink mentality.

I forget which one, GT4 maybe?, had a brilliant f1 championship. Like 10 long races with a points system, etc.

off-line sure, on-line not so sure. GR.1 is messy enough online. That red bull race was not much fun online either. I would like Monaco back!

If you love F1, you already have Codemaster's game. All the cars, all the tracks...

Why waste PD's time asking for something that will be half-baked at best, and utterly unrepresentative at worst? Isn't the car list for Gran Turismo's traditional focus short enough already that spending more time on F1 cars is counter-productive?

I voted no.

This is exactly what I mean though... if you give people the chance to either say yes or no in the poll, and expand on it in a post that's fine.. as it is you've added on a statement to each which might not reflect their actual opinions on it. I'd vote No but it might not be because "I don't think it belongs in a GT game"... you're right, it's no big deal, I personally don't like it because it's typically done to manipulate results. Yes and No would be fine on their own.

I'm not remotely interested in trying to "manipulate results".

I just offered a yes/no answer and added my personal reasons to the poll.

I see your point though, in the broader sense, such as you may have voted no but not because of the reason I gave .

Last edited:
If you love F1, you already have Codemaster's game. All the cars, all the tracks...

Why waste PD's time asking for something that will be half-baked at best, and utterly unrepresentative at worst? Isn't the car list for Gran Turismo's traditional focus short enough already that spending more time on F1 cars is counter-productive?

I voted no.

So because one company makes a game about f1 there is no point or no need for any other game?

That's an odd position to take.

Several games about f1 will force all developers to up their game, its competition and it is how we avoid situations like Madden in the U.S market which has dominance over the NFL franchise and therefore consumers are pretty much stuck with it.

I wonder what would happen if the NFL allowed another company, say 2K, to make a rival game?

I suspect it would be a huge benefit to the player.

Just as allowing Fifa to continue its monopoly on all the official club licences would be a huge kick up the backside were it opened up to PES as well.

Then innovation and customer satisfaction are king.

So no, just because Codemasters makes an f1 game I don't see that as a valid reason.

Why stop there using your logic?

There is already Driveclub, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Forza, P.C sim racing...why even bother with Gran Turismo at all?

There are plenty of games that cater to the GT car racing market, after all.

Or are those games all pushing each other to do better because of competition, something that we, the player, end up benefiting from?

If PD planing make F1 car, I want unique 10 different versions F1 car with different aero/chassis and fuel also engine power. I want to see different car represent battle each other out. That only way I could see good representation of F1 in the game.

If PD planing make F1 car, I want unique 10 different versions F1 car with different aero/chassis and fuel also engine power. I want to see different car represent battle each other out. That only way I could see good representation of F1 in the game.

I think that's a little unrealistic.

I personally don't see them putting 10 new f1 cars from different eras into the game.

I'd be happy with 2 or 3.

1) An early 2000s V10/V8 (similiar to the classic Ferrari, Williams BMW, McLaren, cars shape and agility from that 2004 time period).

2) A slightly earlier mid 90s version, like the Benetton and Williams cars that fought for the titles throughout that mid to late 90s time period.

3) A less advanced, oversteer happy 60s car with no real downforce and an absurd power output...like the classic yellow and green coloured Lotus cars that lunatics like Jim Clark, Graham Hill etc...drove; in many cases to their death.

Naturally, these cars would race on their own, or rather in separate GT League races (if possible); or at the very least be placed into groups that put them up against other cars with similiar power to weight ratios, 0-60 and 0-100 times, braking distances, and other important indicators, so they could be viable race cars in a given situation against other cars in the game.

Last edited:
We've had this discussion before. I feel like most of us want the FGT to come back. We know the chances of a Ferrari F1 or a McLaren or RBR F1 coming officially is nil.

So generics like the FGT and maybe even a 1967 F1 or a generic 1988 McLaren MP4/4 or a 2000's v8 - v10 - v12 generic models would be great. Even a generic Nascar etc.

I'm not sure how a 'generic car pack' would fly.

I mean how would you advertise it? Its not in line with the current strategy where you get nine real cars and a track every month.

I think that's a little unrealistic.

I personally don't see them putting 10 new f1 cars from different eras into the game.

I'd be happy with 2 or 3.

1) An early 2000s V10/V8 (similiar to the classic Ferrari, Williams BMW, McLaren, cars shape and agility from that 2004 time period).

2) A slightly earlier mid 90s version, like the Benetton and Williams cars that fought for the titles throughout that mid to late 90s time period.

3) A less advanced, oversteer happy 60s car with no real downforce and an absurd power output...like the classic yellow and green coloured Lotus cars that lunatics like Jim Clark, Graham Hill etc...drove; in many cases to their death.

Naturally, these cars would race on their own, or rather in separate GT League races (if possible); or at the very least be placed into groups that put them up against other cars with similiar power to weight ratios, 0-60 and 0-100 times, braking distances, and other important indicators, so they could be viable race cars in a given situation against other cars in the game.
I forgot to mentioned I want them in the same era, that what i mean. After I watching F1 for a while I started to notice every f1 car don't look generic the same because if you look into it each design of the car body and the work put in look a lot different if you started noticing comparisons to other f1 car on grids to each other. :cheers:

We've had this discussion before. I feel like most of us want the FGT to come back. We know the chances of a Ferrari F1 or a McLaren or RBR F1 coming officially is nil.

So generics like the FGT and maybe even a 1967 F1 or a generic 1988 McLaren MP4/4 or a 2000's v8 - v10 - v12 generic models would be great. Even a generic Nascar etc.

I'm not sure how a 'generic car pack' would fly.

I mean how would you advertise it? Its not in line with the current strategy where you get nine real cars and a track every month.

I agree, that its unlikely we'll see an officially licensed f1 car, especially as I'm sure Mercedes had to be given some kind of assurance to allow their Hamilton 2017 car into the recent update.

The fact it's the only car in the game that cannot have livery changes, even in an offline, private scenario, tells us PD had to agree to certain restrictions to get the licence.

Maybe that even went as far as getting a guarantee of no f1 cars, not even fantasy versions, being introduced?

Seems punitive, but who knows?

Still, ultimately, I want to see more cars.

Not just f1 cars, though as an f1 fan I would be glad to see them among the first of any new vehicles being added.

I don't really care about the current F1 cars, they may be extremely fast, complicated and light years ahead of the old F1 cars, but they are about as sexy as a refrigerator that is turned off. And i think the current Championships reflects this perfectly with one car ahead of everybody else and a million rules that do both good and bad. Not to mention the tires and science around them that seem to be just as important as driver skills and engine development. So instead of using development time on that, i would rather want DTM/GT2 cars, more tracks, and as mentioned before a whole new way of earning your way to the super expensive cars..

All my opinions are of course void is we are talking about getting Alesis 27 V12 Ferrari into the game, then screw everything, cancel christmas and take my money...

Agree with you about the new cars and 100% agree about the Alesi era...and that noise...ohhhh, that engine noise.

Like a symphony of precision lunacy.

I don't understand how one could rationally argue against Formula One cars being in GT. They are the fastest racing cars in the world, in a racing game. If GT has rally cars, Super GT, LMPs, and a bloody go-kart, then why not F1?

As for the FGT, yeah, again, why not? But I would rather have real F1 cars, which I know are very difficult to get into the game.

I know many people who dislike this hybrid F1 and LMP stuff.

However ask yourself how 'commercial' it is going with say a 2007 Ferrari 310 F1 car? Is it saleable as a GT Sport car in 2018?

F1 is so much about the 'now'.

I also feel like we have a fondness for Group C cars from the 1990s etc. but F1 isnt like that... we dont tend to hold a lot of sentimentality for older F1 cars unless its a world beating classic like a 1988 MP4/4.

I would ask you guys to think of what absolultely iconic F1 cars in these eras that would elicit as much as a response as a 787B etc.

Latest Posts

Back