Anyone get Gran Turismo 4 the Bible?

• Thread starter Reidier
  • 46 comments
I already searched the threads. There were two pointing a heads up to its release, but no actual thread discussing it.

I just got it in the mail the other day. Quite impressive.

It goes into detail about all the functions of the car, has race track maps and tips, a section for every music track in the game (I'd post the list, but people who already have teh Japanese version know, and I don't know if thi list will be the same as the American release), and even a section on the Nurburgring itself (history etc.).

Other things include: a small section on the Nike One car development. (Includes photos and discussion of the Nike Limited Edition GT4 pack)

A car list with specs and a photo for ~490 cars. (They say there's suppose to be 650 cars, so this list of 487 must be the "base" cars. A quick glance over this list and there doesn't seem to be anything new mentioned.)

A section entitled "Data Analyisis" which consists of fastest times recorded with the cars. (lap times, 0-400m, 0-1000m etc.)

A section on photo mode.

The dvd inculded is broken up as such: Interview(the main program, pretty much interviews and making of), Opening(I assume this is the GT4 opening?), Ending(Same as the opening hypothesis), and course guide(Basicaly one time aroud the track going slow telling you all the important parts of the track and then a time attack lap. Tracks covered: Nurburgring Nordschleife, George V Paris, Tsukuba Circuit, TwinRing MOTEGI, and Laguna SECA raceway)

Is the book and DVD not in Japanese? Kind of pointless, really.. even if it was in English, the DVD is still Japan-Region coded, and I'd never be able to watch it.

LFRANCOF483
nice, i'd be interested in the fastest lap times clocked 👍

Pick a track, and I can post the top five fastest times along woth the fastest speed recored on that lap.

Jedi2016
Is the book and DVD not in Japanese? Kind of pointless, really.. even if it was in English, the DVD is still Japan-Region coded, and I'd never be able to watch it.

Yes, it is in Japanese. But as for course times: Numbers is Numbers

Region 2 discs are not a problem for me as I have a JPS2 (not the point of argument I know).

Jedi2016

Not that you are going to buy the book/DVD, but Action Replay supposedly let you play DVDs on your PS2, free of Region Codes.

I can read Japanese, so if I see it in the Japanese bookstore(Kinokuniya) here, I'll probably buy it. Any news of the GT4 Bible released here in the states?

Reidier
Pick a track, and I can post the top five fastest times along woth the fastest speed recored on that lap.

Yes, it is in Japanese. But as for course times: Numbers is Numbers

Region 2 discs are not a problem for me as I have a JPS2 (not the point of argument I know).

sweet, the nurburgring, tsukuba....and more specifically, any lap times with the M3?

LFRANCOF483
sweet, the nurburgring, tsukuba....and more specifically, any lap times with the M3?

Nurburgring:

1. Toyota GT-ONE Race car (TS020): Lap Time: 06:18.2 Max Speed: 322.14km/h
2. Xanavi NISMO GT-R (JGTC): Lap Time: 06:59.0 Max Speed: 283.61km/h
3. R.E. AMEMIYA Aspara Drink RX-7 (JGTC): Lap Time: 07:44.1 Max Speed: 250.64km/h
4. Mine's Skyline GT-R N1 V-Spec (R34): Lap Time: 07:23.8 Max Speed: 302.09km/h
5. Ford GT: Lap Time: 07:18.1 Max Speed: 293.12km/h

BMW M3 CSL: Lap Time: 07:59.9 Max Speed: 262.07km/h

Tsukuba

1. Toyota GT-ONE Race car (TS020): Lap Time: 00:50.7 Max Speed: 252.63km/h
2. Xanavi NISMO GT-R (JGTC): Lap Time: 00:53.7 max Speed: 220.62
3. R.E. AMEMIYA Aspara Drink RX-7 (JGTC): Lap Time: 00:59.2 Max Speed: 194.03km/h
4. Mine's Skyline GT-R N1 V-Spec (R34) Lap Time: 0059.3 Max Speed: 210.3km/h
5. Ford GT: Lap Time: 00:59.3 Max Speed: 211.39km/h

BMW M3 CSL: Lap Time: 01:03.0 Max Speed 183.9km/h

Those are the times posted next to each track on the pages that cover the tracks, and the times are listed as "Attack Data".

Oh and the M3 CSL has times on all the tracks listed, but I don't feel like posting 30+ more tracks, so just mention another track and I can give you the M3 CSL time for that track.

Reidier.. your a great man. tell us some special intrest car times for Nurburgring, specificly the model t :D (can u race those or just look at it?) what ever u think is a very unusual car, ide like to hear the time it got on that badass track

Reidier
Nurburgring:

1. Toyota GT-ONE Race car (TS020): Lap Time: 06:18.2 Max Speed: 322.14km/h
2. Xanavi NISMO GT-R (JGTC): Lap Time: 06:59.0 Max Speed: 283.61km/h
3. R.E. AMEMIYA Aspara Drink RX-7 (JGTC): Lap Time: 07:44.1 Max Speed: 250.64km/h
5. Ford GT: Lap Time: 07:18.1 Max Speed: 293.12km/h

BMW M3 CSL: Lap Time: 07:59.9 Max Speed: 262.07km/h

Tsukuba

1. Toyota GT-ONE Race car (TS020): Lap Time: 00:50.7 Max Speed: 252.63km/h
2. Xanavi NISMO GT-R (JGTC): Lap Time: 00:53.7 max Speed: 220.62
3. R.E. AMEMIYA Aspara Drink RX-7 (JGTC): Lap Time: 00:59.2 Max Speed: 194.03km/h
4. Mine's Skyline GT-R N1 V-Spec (R34) Lap Time: 0059.3 Max Speed: 210.3km/h
5. Ford GT: Lap Time: 00:59.3 Max Speed: 211.39km/h

BMW M3 CSL: Lap Time: 01:03.0 Max Speed 183.9km/h

Those are the times posted next to each track on the pages that cover the tracks, and the times are listed as "Attack Data".

Oh and the M3 CSL has times on all the tracks listed, but I don't feel like posting 30+ more tracks, so just mention another track and I can give you the M3 CSL time for that track.

Are these times of real life or in game playing?

veilsidebr
Are these times of real life or in game playing?

I'm pretty sure those are suppose to be in-game. Not sure though.

Man, with the way posts move in this board I ahd nearly forgotten I made this topic.

Well, that combined with the fact that I own GT4 now.....

Yes they are in game in real life many of thoes cars have'nt been timed there but the M3 CSL will have a faster time than 7:59 on the ring since the standard M3 is around that, and the NSX-R did it in 7:57 the same as the 911 GT3.

ah I knew it Mine's skyline rules even in the video game...ahhhh me wants GT4 and ..uh the real car alos hehe :)

I'm assuming you mean the Premera Strategy guide? if so I saw one at Target a week ago... was too lazy to ask for them to take it out of the case. :D

@Reidier
have you noticed on page 91, they talk about b-spec and it says that the race monitor can go up to 5x... i know i've only gotten mine up to 3x.
wondering if there is a specific level of a-spec or b-spec points, perhaps number of days, or something that might bump up the mulitiplier...

live4speed
Yes they are in game in real life many of thoes cars have'nt been timed there but the M3 CSL will have a faster time than 7:59 on the ring since the standard M3 is around that, and the NSX-R did it in 7:57 the same as the 911 GT3.

Think that the timing for the M3 CSL is right as I am quite sure that the time for the normal M3 is about 8 min 30 secs. Oh and if anyone is interested, a race prepped M3 GTR has clocked a 6 min 51 sec around the Ring.

Cheers!

Is there an official lap time for every car mentioned in a certain track? (as in Tsukuba)

I´m trying to make a comprehensive car list, and i think that would be a great way of adding handling to the equation.

Cheers

All the circuit and car info is in it, but since thats already on the internet, its not much worth, except of the tuning guide part.

Amazon are advertising

Gran Turismo 4 : Prima Official Game Guide. 352 pages.
&
Gran Turismo 4 : Driving The Game : Prima Official Game Guide. 176 pages.

If it wasn't for different amount of pages I would have said that these were the same thing. Is the GT4 Bible produced by Polyphony?

Messiah
Amazon are advertising

Gran Turismo 4 : Prima Official Game Guide. 352 pages.
&
Gran Turismo 4 : Driving The Game : Prima Official Game Guide. 176 pages.

If it wasn't for different amount of pages I would have said that these were the same thing. Is the GT4 Bible produced by Polyphony?
Probaly, because they also made the game, so who else would made it? espesially if its the official guide.

lnasphinx
if we ignore the fact that this is a nice collectors edition, WHAT exactly makes this bible worth buying?

or is it only for addicts?

it's only for addicts... the book it self is pretty good (i bought it when i read about it on this thread... funny thing is i still dont have the game cause some one here was supposed to get it for me...), the book has tons of stuff.. all of which i don't undesrtand except for the times and some car info. other than that it's tons of information that i wish i could read... the DVD on the other hand is dissapointing. there's a short interview with KY talking about GT series (again, can't understand anything) and then there's a few track tutorials and time attacks, he lets a pro driver do most of them, and KY does the nurburgring timeattack himself... and while he's pretty decent, he's actually a lot slower than i am with the same car.
the time attacks are only for a few tracks: tskuba, nurburgring, twin ring motegi, george paris and i don't remember if there's another one.. and that's about it for the DVD.

again, the book would be defenetly worth it if you could read it, it has tons of info about tuning, the nordscheleife and a lot of other tracks in detail.
but i gotta say it's not worth the money if you can't understand it.

SaintKamus
but i gotta say it's not worth the money if you can't understand it.

Ermm, so you bought it knowing that you wouldn't be able to understand it? You are a fanatic!!

At least you got a nice paperweight.

Maven
Ermm, so you bought it knowing that you wouldn't be able to understand it? You are a fanatic!!

At least you got a nice paperweight.

yes, i bought it knowing that i wouldn't understand it. i was banking on the DVD to be much more in depth... it isn't, it's just a driver doing a slow lap on those tracks explaining a how to attack the corners, and then a time attack. it looks very cheaply done too (don't expect the same level of quality from this DVD that you see in the making off DVD of prologue.)

the DVD is pretty much just a cheap extra, the book on the otherhand is pretty good... but for the most part useless for me.

so.. to anyone considering buying the book because of the DVD.. don't do it.

Back