Anyone get the signature edition in the U.S.?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT Motion
  • 39 comments
  • 2,483 views
Messages
1,056
Messages
GT-Motion
If so, where did you order it from? I just got an email from game.co.uk saying my order was canceled because they don't ship an item that size overseas.

I am really bummed because I am collecting a lot of GT stuff and the signature edition is really important to me. Is there any place that sells it without a crazy markup that is reliable, and willing to ship to the U.S.?
 
If so, where did you order it from? I just got an email from game.co.uk saying my order was canceled because they don't ship an item that size overseas.

I am really bummed because I am collecting a lot of GT stuff and the signature edition is really important to me. Is there any place that sells it without a crazy markup that is reliable, and willing to ship to the U.S.?

Maybe if you ask a GTP member (from countries that sell the SE) if they could ship the item to you. I would've done it but I'm from Canada.
 
Maybe if you ask a GTP member (from countries that sell the SE) if they could ship the item to you. I would've done it but I'm from Canada.

Well that's a little risky considering anyone can sign up for GTP, I would like to order it from somewhere that ships to the US. I am thinking about going to ebay but the ones I found they were charging double and then tons for shipping.
 
Well that's a little risky considering anyone can sign up for GTP, I would like to order it from somewhere that ships to the US. I am thinking about going to ebay but the ones I found they were charging double and then tons for shipping.

If it's a trust issue contact one of the mods that live in Europe. I'm sure if you cover all the fees they wouldn't mind doing it for you.
 
Well I have still been searching, I guess if any trustworthy mods want to help me out PM me so we can work out a deal. If not I am still trying to find a store that ships to the u.s.
 
I am only bumping this because I keep getting rejections from people who sell the item but wont ship overseas. I am tempted to just buy off ebay but they are charging almost $500 shipped which feels a bit ridiculous, I am really bummed they didn't sell this edition here. :(
 
try it at amazon.de
dont know if they ship to the us
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0041O5LJQ/

I don't know how to check the shipping, I can't read it. :(

I have been lightly searching over the last few weeks, then recently started searching harder and today I have been to all kinds of UK sites trying to find someone who ships to the U.S. or find someone in the U.S. who imports from the U.K.
 
I don't know how to check the shipping, I can't read it. :(

I have been lightly searching over the last few weeks, then recently started searching harder and today I have been to all kinds of UK sites trying to find someone who ships to the U.S. or find someone in the U.S. who imports from the U.K.

Use Google Chrome it will translate it for you.
 
can you even play this edition on a US PS3 / PSN?
 
No You can't play it. Unless you have PAL PS3.

If this is true that changes everything. I thought games were region free?

I have the Japanese edition PS3 Slim, and a U.S. and Japanese copy of GT5 and I use them both fine with my US PSN.

Can I really not use this edition without a Euro PS3?

Can anyone confirm this?
 
I'm pretty sure PS3 games are region free. I've played US, Asia and European region games on my original PAL system. In fact, my GT5 is the US collectors edition imported.

EDIT: Regarding for online play, I noticed the option for the lobby is set by default to search for US region but can be switched to "All" and I manage to join Australian sessions from there. I did have to create a US PSN in order to obtain my DLC but apart from that, everything works as is with an Australian PSN.
 
If this is true that changes everything. I thought games were region free?

I have the Japanese edition PS3 Slim, and a U.S. and Japanese copy of GT5 and I use them both fine with my US PSN.

Can I really not use this edition without a Euro PS3?

Can anyone confirm this?

It will play on your machine- PS3 games are region-free. With HDTV there's no longer the need to differentiate between PAL and NTSC. The only concern comes to updating the game and online racing. You probably need to create a EU account (if you haven't already) to do updates and download DLC. For online you probably have to do the same.
 
It will play on your machine- PS3 games are region-free. With HDTV there's no longer the need to differentiate between PAL and NTSC. The only concern comes to updating the game and online racing. You probably need to create a EU account (if you haven't already) to do updates and download DLC. For online you probably have to do the same.

Euro account is not a problem at all, thanks for clearing this up.

Back to the original problem, where to buy this? I am sending message to a guy on ebay who has several, I know he deserves to get compensation for his time etc but shipping $180? Really? I have shipped things to Japan for $60. :(
 
Have you considered eBay?

Sorry, I should learn to read more...
 
Last edited:
Bought it, I found a power seller on ebay that was shipping at a reasonable price and barely had the item marked up. I pulled the trigger ;)
 
oh man i did not know that PS3s are region-free. i should have bought the japanese titanium blue GT5 one then. :(
 
oh man i did not know that PS3s are region-free. i should have bought the japanese titanium blue GT5 one then. :(

I bought mine from here:

http://www.japanvideogames.com/Play...Gran-Turismo-5-Racing-p/ps3-4948872449588.htm

I went up there and picked it up, they just got another one in. They are located in the U.S. it was a kind Japanese lady who helped me. I can vouch for them that they will get you a legit product in new condition unused, unopened.

You just have to be ready to pay the price. :)
 
Bought it, I found a power seller on ebay that was shipping at a reasonable price and barely had the item marked up. I pulled the trigger ;)

What's his name?
 
I thought they weren't region free and that's why the Signature Stealth cars don't work on U.S. Playstations.

A ton of EBay sellers for the signature stealth cars state "Do not buy this if you have an American system" (or something to that effect).

Is it different for Japanese systems?

I wouldn't mind picking up another PS3.
 
I thought they weren't region free and that's why the Signature Stealth cars don't work on U.S. Playstations.

A ton of EBay sellers for the signature stealth cars state "Do not buy this if you have an American system" (or something to that effect).

Is it different for Japanese systems?

I wouldn't mind picking up another PS3.

the DLC isn't region free, like they said above if you buy the sig edition you need to sign up for a EU PSN account.
 
To get EU Stealth Cars, all you need is a PAL disk. The PS3 itself doesn't matter.

I'm considering buying a Signature Edition myself. But $300-500 on Ebay. Pretty steep. Call me crazy, but a decent portion behind my reasoning of purchasing a Signature Edition is the Stealth Models. For whatever idiotic reason, my 2 favorite Stealth Models (Audi R10 and Mazda 787B) wasn't made for the US.
 
Bout time EU got some good DLC over US xD

I have a US acc. on my PS3 always ready for the better stuff you guys get :P
 
It will play on your machine- PS3 games are region-free. With HDTV there's no longer the need to differentiate between PAL and NTSC. The only concern comes to updating the game and online racing. You probably need to create a EU account (if you haven't already) to do updates and download DLC. For online you probably have to do the same.

cool beans!
 
Would it be cheaper to buy all stealth models? Though I really want the wallet and everything in the signature edition. Although, $400 on just Gt5 is crazy lol
 
i think if he download the cars with an EU acc he can maybe play the cars with his US acc
i did that with the killzone 2 map packs
download it from the US PSN but played it with my EU acc
i hope it will work fo you
 
Back