anyone going to see blade trinity

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryce302
  • 32 comments
  • 1,431 views

Bryce302

(Banned)
Messages
145
Anyone seen there first two. Or going to see the new one which looks bad a$$.
 
I've seen the first two, so Trinity must be seen! I hope it's an improvment over the second one.
 
I thought the second one was WAY better than the first. I HATE Stephen Dorff, and he almost ruined the first movie for me. Guillermo Del Toro, who directed Blade II, went on to make Hellboy, another decent comic book movie. If you ever have a chance to see the extras on the Blade II DVD, the amount of work (not to mention documentation of that work) put into the special effects is astonishing.
I'll be seeing Blade Trinity, but probably not until Friday or Saturday, when I'll post a review here. Too bad there won't be any full-frontal of Jessica Biel, she's gorgeous.
 
Now I preferred the first one to the second one... :D

I'm not au fait with the Blade character, but it seemed to me as if the first one was a much darker interpretation. That said, Danny John-Jules (Red Dwarf - The Cat) and Luke Goss (from 80's boy band "Bros") acquitted themselves well with fine performances, and Ron Perlman is always good for a laugh.
 
I never saw the second one, but I liked the first well enough. I can't imagine paying money to see a new one, but hey, there's always free HBO.

Aside to Famine - the CAT was in "Blade II"?~!
 
Yes - him and that woman (forget her name. It'll come to me) were the vampires that went to recruit Blade.
 
The cat and girl had some pretty good moves, and Solid Snake would have been proud of their stealth skills while infiltrating Blade's HQ.
 
I have both on DVDs, they are great. I liked the second one a lot. Who directed the third one?
 
I've never seen one. The thought of going after modern day vampires seems too silly for me to take a slight interest in. But, it sounds like something that might be entertaining, so I think I'll give it a chance the next time it's on HBO.
 
after exams (2 weeks from now), I'll consider watching the first 2. Then I'll either wait for the 3rd one on dvd or if my friends are interested, i'll go with them and watch it in the theater
 
Not the least bit interested...

I saw the first one...

I'm just not into hokey Hollywood films... Weak plot, cheesy one liners, and so on... Just not for me...

Yes - him and that woman (forget her name. It'll come to me) were the vampires that went to recruit Blade.

I didn't realise that... It almost makes me want to see it again...... Almost...



;)
 
Ok I guess that you're the kind of person that goes see movies like
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason and Christmas With The Cranks so but all the other movies out look like they suck a$$. Process of elimation gay sponge that lives under the sea, a man with some cool a$$ weapons. Nicolis Cage the man that makes me puke everytime I see the so called amazing movies that makes me want my money back or see Snipes cutting threw 8 vampires in one swing. So I'm sorry you can see Colin Farrel lock lip with 4 guys or see Blade kill dracula.
 
Bryce302
Ok I guess that you're the kind of person that goes see movies like
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason and Christmas With The Cranks so but all the other movies out look like they suck a$$. Process of elimation gay sponge that lives under the sea, a man with some cool a$$ weapons. Nicolis Cage the man that makes me puke everytime I see the so called amazing movies that makes me want my money back or see Snipes cutting threw 8 vampires in one swing. So I'm sorry you can see Colin Farrel lock lip with 4 guys or see Blade kill dracula.

Wow...

I don't have trouble interpretting things very often, but that last post.... whew... It's like one rant melting into the next, while not making any real point at all...

This thread is to discuss the upcoming film, "Blade 3", not to rant about all the movies you dislike... If you dislike the series of films, explain why, don't just babble on nonsensically...



;)
 
I really liked the first 2 so I hope this one is good also. I will wait to rent it though. Not many movies I actually watch in the theater for reasons that Anderton Prime posted in another thread. It just ends up being more unpleasant than the $7.00 each tickets are worth.
 
CAMAROBOY69
Not many movies I actually watch in the theater for reasons that Anderton Prime posted in another thread. It just ends up being more unpleasant than the $7.00 each tickets are worth.

I am of the same shool... I do a lot of research on each individual film before I decide to pay to go see them... Movies are getting so expensive nowadays (I sound like my father)... In New York, Manhattan to be exact, it's about $10 to see a film (any time of day, no matinee's)... I didn't want to pay $10 bucks for a movie that could very well be a waste of 2 hours...

Edit: I used to live in NYC... Now I live in Washington State...


;)
 
We are very lucky to have a local movie business that playes movies that are a few months old. It is only $2.50 a person or $1.50 on tuesday night. We will probably watch Blade 3 when it gets there. Usually a month or 2 after it hits this place it is out on video. Depends on the movie.
 
Going to see it on December 9th. I'll let you know how it is.
 
I saw it the acting ok. The new guy dont remember his name was funny cause he messed with Blade. Great movie need to see it.
 
Warning, Spoilers (sort of)


That "new guy" is Ryan Reynolds, a.k.a. Van Wilder. He offered some comic relief, but not too much (which would have made the movie too hokey). Jessica Biel sucked, as expected. She was only there for eye-candy, but oh well. Parker Posey, as the lead female vampire, was also awful. Triple H sucked the bag too, yet the movie still managed to somehow not bite.

The action was good and so were the fight scenes. But the actor who played Dracula ("Drake") was crap, and WHAT THE **** WAS WITH THE iPOD ****? Jessica Biel's character has time to make up a playlist and put her iPod earphones in before each fight or hunt, even when time is of the essence. And the slow-motion shots of her sticking those earphones in her ears were beyond stupid. In fact, that was the stupidest thing I've seen in a movie all year.

I also think techno music was the wrong choice for the fight between Blade, the Vampire Hunter, and the KING OF ALL VAMPIRES, DRACULA! For crying out loud, put some epic music with some choir and orchestra!!
 
Acting: pretty good
fighting: Above average
Plot: Ok, but not great
Dracula: No where near evil enough. He should've killed many more people.

Overall, better then the second, not as good as the first.

Ryan Reynolds was simply perfect. He's great at being funny without trying.

Worth the money? Probably not. But I only see about 5 movies a year, so it's not that big of a deal.
 
ebo#1
Excuse me, but this is garbage. If you're going to take the time to post something, try to make sure it has at least some value, and a point wouldn't hurt either. One word posts are WORTHLESS, USELESS, AND ANNOYING.

If you're answering someone's question, elaborate. Give an example or two, put some more words, some capitals, some commas and periods.
 
Anderton Prime
Excuse me, but this is garbage. If you're going to take the time to post something, try to make sure it has at least some value, and a point wouldn't hurt either. One word posts are WORTHLESS, USELESS, AND ANNOYING.

If you're answering someone's question, elaborate. Give an example or two, put some more words, some capitals, some commas and periods.

yeah, what he said! 👍
 
eh.....

I didn't feel this one. The dialog was utterly horrible, the acting wasnt that great, the plot was shallow, the fight scenes sucked, there were too many friggin little "gadgets" and such used to kill vampires and not enough down home old fashioned ass kicking that made the first movie so cool. It started to show up in blade 2 but this one takes it to an all time low. Triple H should have never been in that movie, he should not have talked, and he definently should not have run in that one scene, yikes. The only line he shouldve been allowed to say in that movie was "HULK SMASH!!!" I think he was just walking by the set one day and the director said "Hey HHH, wanna be in a movie??"

With that said, it still has the funny Blade one-liners that we've come to love in the first 2 movies, ryan wrenolds did provide some comic relief, as was said, but by the end of the movie he got rather annoying. Jessica Beil was hot of course. Lord knows if I was gonna go hunt vampires a small tight tank top would be my armor of choice....I thought the music was pretty good, blade movies have always had techno themes to them.

Overall, i'd probably give this movie a C. It's mildly amusing if youre dying of boredom and need somthing to pass some time with, but it doesnt hold a candle to the first 2 blades.

And also, dont think this is really a spoiler or anything, but the way they ended it....does anyone think they're gonna make a 4th one?
 
I definetly enjoyed this movie, whether or not it was in ways the director intended it to be. HHH running tops the list. I also noticed a scene in the police headquarters where HHH is running like a little girl, whilst all of his henchmen are shooting away. THat vanwilder guy did do a great job in the movie, though his act did get a little old by thte end. One of my friends thought it was terrible that they tried to make the movie funny, but basically everyone else I saw it with thought it was great.

One complaint I do have with the movie was halfway through it they threw in a commercial.
(vague recreation)
Blade:What's she doing?
Cut to hot seventh heaven girl pulling out an ipod and power book and clicking away.
King: Oh, she likes to make playlists.
Closeup of whatsher name disconnecting the ipod.
King: It calms her down before we go to battle (I can't remember what he said exactly)
Closup of what'sherhotness putting headphones in and starting the ipod going.
This made me want to puke! I can understand the advantages of commercials in movies but this was too much, too blatent. I think GM also had a deal with the producers as they rode in a 'burban or the GMC equivalant. I wish Dracula had never transformed, it seemed to take more away from the movie than it gave too it. I also wish he had worn a normal shirt and pants and not gone the metro sexual route. I really couldn't see a modern dracula doing that.

Edit: Oh and I think they will be making another blade as this one had an open ending. And this one is bound to be at least moderatly successful, so....
 
xcsti
Edit: Oh and I think they will be making another blade as this one had an open ending. And this one is bound to be at least moderatly successful, so....


My friend said it best. If it makes money, they'll keep making more. And 2fast2furious is living proof of that theory right there.
 
Definitely wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be. Ryan Reynolds was great but other than that there was nothing that impressed me at all. The fighting could have been much better. Same with the acting. Without Ryan Reynolds I probably would've hated it.
 
It was entertaining, and the previews before the movie were worth the price of admission.
 
Back