Anyone having problems with cars not up-shifting in daily races, no problems in campaign mode .

• Thread starter Richstew
  • 2 comments
United States
United States
Anyone having problems with cars not upshifting in daily races, does not happen in campaign mode. G29 wheel and pedals.

It has nothing to do with online/single player. Some G29's have paddle shift issues after long use. It happened to mine also.

Basically, the button that the paddle shifter "clicks" has a soft rubber landing that the metal paddle contacts. If you look down from the top, you should see what I mean.

Anyway, that soft rubber wears out over time and the shift strike isn't long enough.

I fixed mine by cutting 3 squares of electrical tape and applying them to the paddle where it meets the button. 6+ months with no issues.

It has nothing to do with online/single player. Some G29's have paddle shift issues after long use. It happened to mine also.

Basically, the button that the paddle shifter "clicks" has a soft rubber landing that the metal paddle contacts. If you look down from the top, you should see what I mean.

Anyway, that soft rubber wears out over time and the shift strike isn't long enough.

I fixed mine by cutting 3 squares of electrical tape and applying them to the paddle where it meets the button. 6+ months with no issues.
If he only has the problem in daily races its probably some other issue not a wheel malfunction otherwise it would always have the problem whatsoever the race

Back